MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Noor told associates it was dark and the situation was already tense as the caller had been 'panicking' when making the 911 call reporting an assault in the alley beyond where Justine lived with her fiancé and his son."

In the transcripts of two calls, she doesn't sound "panicked" to me, she sounds very reasonable, has anyone found the actual audio posted of the 911 call.**

(Snipped by me for brevity.)

How would Noor know if Justine sounded "panicky?" He would not have heard the call. Did the operator use the word "panicky" when relaying the call? Did dispatch use that word? Also, if the operator got the feeling that Justine was panicky, why didn't he make sure she was in her house and tell her to stay there?

MPD absolutely has to release all of the communication - 911 audio, operator communication with dispatch, dispatch to car, car 530 to dispatch. There is too much bs going around right now.

Don't think he'll be killed but he shouldn't come forward. They will try to blame him for something. This is about the two cops in the car, no one else.

I am surprised there wasn't anything in the transcript that showed dispatch asking Justine if she wanted to speak with the police when they arrived. I have been asked everytime I have placed a call.

He is the witness. If he saw what happened, I hope he comes forward.

I wonder what his partner thought about that.

His partner is a newer cop than the shooter cop. So the shooter was the senior officer. Why were these 2 new cops together? Shouldn't they have put new cops with experienced partners, not with each other?

(Snipped by me for brevity.)

How would Noor know if Justine sounded "panicky?" He would not have heard the call. Did the operator use the word "panicky" when relaying the call? Did dispatch use that word? Also, if the operator got the feeling that Justine was panicky, why didn't he make sure she was in her house and tell her to stay there?

MPD absolutely has to release all of the communication - 911 audio, operator communication with dispatch, dispatch to car, car 530 to dispatch. There is too much bs going around right now.

And if she did sound panicky, why didn't he expect to see a panicky woman?

Don't think he'll be killed but he shouldn't come forward. They will try to blame him for something. This is about the two cops in the car, no one else.

I am surprised there wasn't anything in the transcript that showed dispatch asking Justine if she wanted to speak with the police when they arrived. I have been asked everytime I have placed a call.

I think the only one who "heard" the "loud noise" might have been the cops. Personally I don't think there was a loud noise. The bike rider could disprove this.

Him being on a bike and Harrity saying that he rode by when they were out after she was shot I'm not sure he saw anything more then them trying to help her.

Him being on a bike and Harrity saying that he rode by when they were out after she was shot I'm not sure he saw anything more then them trying to help her.

He was there before immediately before the shooting, so he presumably could have seen the whole thing.
"...that they saw an 18 to 25-year-old white man biking eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the fatal officer-involved shooting."
http://www.fox9.com/news/268741910-story

He was there before immediately before the shooting, so he presumably could have seen the whole thing.
"...that they saw an 18 to 25-year-old white man biking eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the fatal officer-involved shooting."
http://www.fox9.com/news/268741910-story

I still wouldn't come forward, Noor won't talk why should he.

Ok I'll say that if a grand jury is convened I'd testify there, but not the police.

You know in the black communities people were absolutely getting shot by police regularly. Richard Pryor has bits and interviews about that which I won't link because the language is so offensive. But easily found on YouTube. Just google "Richard Pryor police shootings".

And rap I used to listen to in the 80's talked about it quite a bit. It's been a phenomena for minorities and in general, the poor of all skin tones, dating back to the 70's. And also police shootings of protestors that date back to the 1800's. More recently, the Ohio college shootings.

But we know more about it due to cell phones.

I think the police have an incredibly difficult job. And a dangerous one. Can you imagine going to work each day realizing you could die that day? I also think most are doing a good job.

But it seems like there are some problems with training, weeding out those attracted to police work for the wrong reasons and a general us against them
mentality that goes both ways.

I think about the police in my mom's country- Holland. You can actually argue with them. I've seen cop shows in England and it seems the same there as well.

And I watched the Dutch police go in and end a hostage situation involving a terrorist who was armed who took over a tv station. If that had happened in the US the guy would've been killed instantly. The cops there, however, have preserving life as most important. They came in and with words and quick maneuvering, protected the hostage, got his gun and arrested him. Zero casualties.

I was floored. I mean the dudes weren't even wearing full riot gear:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EpTD9vLZbEw

(The good stuff starts when there's about a minute and a half left. The guy is talking to the hostage who is pretending that they are setting up a broadcast opportunity so he can broadcast his demands on national tv).

I know their job is tough but they are way down on the list of risky jobs, according to Dept of Labor stats.

I was answering the question about my personal relationship with cops being different than when I was a kid in the 60's and I definitely see a difference, but certainly police have been disproportionately focused on POC since slavery and many confrontations were never even reported back then, everyone has a cell phone camera now so we see things we would never see before.
It's a good idea to film any interaction you have with the police nowadays, I wish Justine had her camera recording that night.

The paramilitary dress, from blue to black, has changed the vibe from "protect and serve" that I was taught and SCOTUS has confirmed the police have no obligation to protect me.

"Nevertheless, the Court found that the government had no affirmative duty to protect any person, even a child, from harm by another person. “Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors,” stated Chief Justice Rehnquist for the majority, “even where such aid may be necessary to secure life, liberty, or property interests of which the government itself may not deprive the individual” without “due process of the law.”"
http://www.barneslawllp.com/police-not-required-protect/

I noticed on my trips to Holland, the cops are so nice they have "Politie" written in big letters on their uniforms.

The witness on the bicycle is the best person we have to finding out the truth.

I'm curious if she (Justine) said anything while approaching the squad car ?

From the transcripts of her 911 call, she wasn't sure if it was an assault or people were having sex. Perhaps they were actually having sex and then left.

Perhaps the woman went back inside her house and the man left on his bike.
Maybe a neighbor was having sex on her porch or in her yard and doesn't want to come forward and tell the world for whatever reason.

From the transcripts of her 911 call, she wasn't sure if it was an assault or people were having sex. Perhaps they were actually having sex and then left.

in the 911 transcript she was very uncertain if she was just hearing a couple that had no where to go and were having sex...but hearing what she thought was "help" called...twice in fact because they took longer than expected to get there.

I still wouldn't come forward, Noor won't talk why should he.

Ok I'll say that if a grand jury is convened I'd testify there, but not the police.

The prosecuter has said there will be no grand jury that the prosecuter will be the one to decide if there will be a trial. That may change but that is what has been reported.

(Snipped by me from previous post for brevity.)

"I noticed on my trips to Holland, the cops are so nice they have "Politie" written in big letters on their uniforms."

I spent some time in Holland in the early 60's. Absolutely wonderful place. Really hope it has not changed in that respect. Sounds as if it hasn't gone 'crazy" as America has done. Think it might have something to do with maturity.

http://kstp.com/news/911-transcripts-justine-damond/4546802/?cat=1

( Sent from KSTP )

"According to the*incident detail report*, also released Wednesday, the officers who responded to the scene, Matthew Harrity and Mohamed Noor, called in a Code 4 status -- meaning that no assistance was needed and the situation was under control -- at 11:39:34, indicating they were leaving the scene.

Almost two minutes later, at 11:41:24, the incident report shows, EMS and fire were dispatched and the incident was updated to a shooting. At 11:41:46, the report indicates reads "one down ... starting CPR." At 11:49:52, the incident report reads "PD have been doing CPR for last four minutes."

So....code 4 and leaving to shooting and CPR in 2 minutes. What happened?!?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

the guy on the bike could have been one half of the couple she heard and called about. He could be absolutely clueless that what he was watching was a result of something he did. If there was a couple out there they should come forward...but really what difference does it make...it is really not about them at this point.

i doubt he saw what happened as I understand it he came by on his bike after the shooting.

Perhaps the woman went back inside her house and the man left on his bike.
Maybe a neighbor was having sex on her porch or in her yard and doesn't want to come forward and tell the world for whatever reason.

i was thinking and posted the same thing...I think the bike guy was maybe visiting his girlfriend.

http://kstp.com/news/911-transcripts-justine-damond/4546802/?cat=1

( Sent from KSTP )

"According to the*incident detail report*, also released Wednesday, the officers who responded to the scene, Matthew Harrity and Mohamed Noor, called in a Code 4 status -- meaning that no assistance was needed and the situation was under control -- at 11:39:34, indicating they were leaving the scene.

Almost two minutes later, at 11:41:24, the incident report shows, EMS and fire were dispatched and the incident was updated to a shooting. At 11:41:46, the report indicates reads "one down ... starting CPR." At 11:49:52, the incident report reads "PD have been doing CPR for last four minutes."

So....code 4 and leaving to shooting and CPR in 2 minutes. What happened?!?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

so then they went thru the alley...saw and heard nothing and were going to leave..Justine ran to the car to find out what they found?

Is it usual for an officer to be on a squad car with a gun in his lap???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member