GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

DiNardo had been arrested Monday, on a refiled weapons charge that had been dismissed in late May. Because he had previously been involuntarily committed for mental health treatment, DiNardo was prohibited from possessing firearms under Pennsylvania law – but he had a Savage Arms 20-gauge shotgun and ammunition when he was arrested in February, according to court documents.

The charge was dismissed because the mental health paperwork was filed improperly, Bensalem Public Safety Director Fred Harran said Thursday. It had to be corrected before the district attorney could authorize the charges to be filed again. He did so on June 21, but DiNardo was not arrested until after the search for the missing men had begun. Weintraub has said the timing was “out of our control.”
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/p...sses-to-4-bucks-county-killings-20170713.html

I just realized the Philly PD is there? For a Bucks county property. I am on the other side of the US but I am surprised to hear they called in a separate PD to help in a standard crime scene close down. I wonder why they wouldn't just let Bucks PD do it. Maybe more officers to complete a more comprehensive search?

We've seen a whole lot of info about his 302 and not being allowed to have guns. Question for you sleuthers - I developed a raging case of Postpartum Depression and Anxiety after the birth of my son 7 years ago. I'm healthy today but in that time did a voluntary, one night stay at the mental hospital because I was just feeling so hopeless. No one ever said a word to me about not owning guns. All these years later it makes me wonder if maybe I'm not supposed to? For the record, I don't own any and my husband is anti-gun so I don't see that changing in the future but I was just curious if anyone knew.

I don't know much about how "scheduling" works, but I just don't feel like this is a typical "getting ready to release". It is brutally hot and humid here today, with temps expected to drop over the next couple of days. I don't know.... everyone of those people and dogs out there today are at severe risk of dehydration, heat stroke, etc. Just my thoughts....

We've seen a whole lot of info about his 302 and not being allowed to have guns. Question for you sleuthers - I developed a raging case of Postpartum Depression and Anxiety after the birth of my son 7 years ago. I'm healthy today but in that time did a voluntary, one night stay at the mental hospital because I was just feeling so hopeless. No one ever said a word to me about not owning guns. All these years later it makes me wonder if maybe I'm not supposed to? For the record, I don't own any and my husband is anti-gun so I don't see that changing in the future but I was just curious if anyone knew.
I *think* you're OK. 302 is INvoluntary, and I think it's state by state. It's PA state law that a 302 precludes you from purchasing a weapon.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-...session-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx
Above is a link that includes state regs. Things may have changed (it's from 2013). If CD had committed himself , he could have had guns. It's the involuntary part in PA.

It seems early to release, but I don't know what is typical. It seemed that it would have been nearly impossible for them to find the body on the hill without some clues, so this seems like a nearly impossible task unless they have some luck. I suppose clues could have been given that we are not aware of.

I don't know much about how "scheduling" works, but I just don't feel like this is a typical "getting ready to release". It is brutally hot and humid here today, with temps expected to drop over the next couple of days. I don't know.... everyone of those people and dogs out there today are at severe risk of dehydration, heat stroke, etc. Just my thoughts....

My guess is, they got another search warrant based on his statements of killing other people and the fact that they already found 4 people dead on that property. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems early to release, but I don't know what is typical. It seemed that it would have been nearly impossible for them to find the body on the hill without some clues, so this seems like a nearly impossible task unless they have some luck. I suppose clues could have been given that we are not aware of.

They would have found JP sooner or later. They can search every inch of that property, it just takes time and patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized the Philly PD is there? For a Bucks county property. I am on the other side of the US but I am surprised to hear they called in a separate PD to help in a standard crime scene close down. I wonder why they wouldn't just let Bucks PD do it. Maybe more officers to complete a more comprehensive search?
The Philly PD brought their cadaver dogs for the first search as well. I think they just have that expertise that maybe Bucks doesn't (Bucks County is not exactly notorious for violent crime...).

Thanks! Looks like I'm good. Not that I plan on getting a firearm but don't ever want to find myself in a situation where I'm breaking the law.

Thanks! Looks like I'm good. Not that I plan on getting a firearm but don't ever want to find myself in a situation where I'm breaking the law.

Glad you made it through that experience happy and healthy <3.

Thank you! It was a bit of an eye opener for me to see how hard it was to get treated for mental illness. That's why I ended up in the hospital because I couldn't get in to see a doctor or anything for like 4 months. I was like "Hello?! I'm not okay TODAY and have an infant to take care of!" It was a sad testament to the state of the mental health system in the US. I have dealt with it a bit when trying to get help for my mother who has Bipolar Disorder but it has typically always been involuntary. I never realized how hard VOLUNTARY help was to get.

Even if released, couldn't they just reopen the investigation if anything else warrants it? Or is there fear of tampering in the meantime?

Perhaps because the Philly PD has much more in the way of resources and manpower? Bucks County probably have a smaller PD?

Even if released, couldn't they just reopen the investigation if anything else warrants it? Or is there fear of tampering in the meantime?

(quote)
"Probable cause" generally refers to the requirement in criminal law that police have adequate reason to arrest someone, conduct a search, or seize property relating to an alleged crime.

The probable cause requirement comes from the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which states that:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be searched."

As seen in those words, in order for a court to issue a warrant -- for someone's arrest, or to search or seize property -- there must be "probable cause."

Police must also have probable cause to arrest without a warrant, and in many cases to search or seize property without a warrant.

Prosecutors must also have probable cause to charge a defendant with a crime.
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/probable-cause.html

That's what I meant by something else warranting it. If next week, CD tells them where to find something else = probable cause.

I'm guessing it's more about tampering.

Thank you! It was a bit of an eye opener for me to see how hard it was to get treated for mental illness. That's why I ended up in the hospital because I couldn't get in to see a doctor or anything for like 4 months. I was like "Hello?! I'm not okay TODAY and have an infant to take care of!" It was a sad testament to the state of the mental health system in the US. I have dealt with it a bit when trying to get help for my mother who has Bipolar Disorder but it has typically always been involuntary. I never realized how hard VOLUNTARY help was to get.

3-time PPD and PPA survivor here. Amen to your post!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back