TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, so heartbreaking that kids were denied being raised to adulthood by their mom. I would have floundered without mine, even into my 20s.

Really? It was the social media impact that drove you to the darkest reaches of your soul? It wasn't the brutal, vicious murder of your wife of 20 years, coupled with the fact that the killer remains at large and your daughters could potentially be targets??

This is why BB is "damned if he does."

Yeah, it reminds me of Keith Papini where he lashed out against critics rather than those who supposedly kidnapped and tortured his wife. Saying such things gives the appearance that you care more about your reputation than the brutalization of a spouse.

Yeah, it reminds me of Keith Papini where he lashed out against critics rather than those who supposedly kidnapped and tortured his wife. Saying such things gives the appearance that you care more about your reputation than the brutalization of a spouse.

That's possible, but sometimes if you get severely depressed your thinking and physical functioning can get impaired. People act very differently when it comes anger. Pretty much I'd be angr, but I knew a woman who hugged one of the murderers of her son after trial. Shocked me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At some point, you have to find a way to move on and continue with life. I don't say that in an insensitive way, but he's got 3 girls to provide for. Missy would've probably wanted them to continue to thrive even though she's not with them. I've never had s family member murdered so I can't say how I would act. Although the article is a little different than I'd expect, no matter what he says/does he'll get picked apart. I bet MPD read into just as much as we do, but they're the experts. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully, I've never experienced anything close to this in my life and I pray I never do. I'm not sure exactly how it would effect me, but I know I wouldn't be the same person I am today. I'm willing to bet that I wouldn't seem normal or respond appropriate, especially to outsiders. It's hard to judge a book by it's cover and until you've walked a mile in someone's shoes you can't really say how yôu would feel, act or be. JMOO

If he would stop at two paragraphs instead of 100, he'd probably be ok.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

IDK if that's possible. When he talks he can't seem to stop. :notgood:

Looks to me like the Stricklands are about to break their long silence, and BB's attorney told him to diffuse any shocking information by being the first to announce the upcoming interview. IOW a lawyer trick. I want to hear from MB's mother, not BB.

At some point, you have to find a way to move on and continue with life. I don't say that in an insensitive way, but he's got 3 girls to provide for. Missy would've probably wanted them to continue to thrive even though she's not with them. I've never had s family member murdered so I can't say how I would act. Although the article is a little different than I'd expect, no matter what he says/does he'll get picked apart. I bet MPD read into just as much as we do, but they're the experts. JMO

Missy would've probably wanted them to continue to thrive even though she's not with them.

With head bowed, Thrive is what started MB in the fitness community. There is not a doubt in my mind that MB would want her highly talented daughters to aspire to do great and wonderful things and live a good and happy life that bears much fruit.

If it was personal, it would have been solved a long time ago. A church lady physical fitness trainer, doesn't exactly have a long list of people who want to kill her.

I do not know who murdered MB; however, this new report states she was murdered with a hammer, that is a fairly personal attack. My humble opinion, at this stage of the investigation, is that there was an affair that wasn't captured on SM. Their personal schedules included seeing or bumping into one another frequently as there are relationship connections between the families.

The spouse felt extremely threatened by this romance and did not dare wish for the children to ever suspect the affair of their parent for it was highly contradictory to the upbringing of the children and the peril of exposure to scandal would place the security of their family and business(es) in jeopardy.

Looks to me like the Stricklands are about to break their long silence, and BB's attorney told him to diffuse any shocking information by being the first to announce the upcoming interview. IOW a lawyer trick. I want to hear from MB's mother, not BB.

1. We have no clue if he has an attorney.

Yes, it came across to me -- and it may only be perception, not intent -- as meddlesome for him to announce that interview and discuss it before it happens. If you want to keep quiet and let the Stricklands have their say, then keep quiet and let the Stricklands have their say. There was a strategic tone to BB's interview/statement, imho.

This poor man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I respectfully disagree. He has said some strange things ever since hist first comments to media. There are alternatives to saying nothing and making odd statements periodically over a year-plus. Those strange remarks don't make him guilty, but they raise some eyebrows and suspicions.

The photo of the eyes, looks like my cat's eyes. :shame:I think it's too distorted to tell anything.

I still don't know if I think the perp is male or female. I just want them caught and prosecuted!

There's been no motive for this attack that we have been privy to. I can't imagine the amount of blood at the crime scene with a hammer attack. It's all just scary.

I respectfully disagree. He has said some strange things ever since hist first comments to media. There are alternatives to saying nothing and making odd statements periodically over a year-plus. Those strange remarks don't make him guilty, but they raise some eyebrows and suspicions.

Like what?

Like what?
There was more than just what he said.
Too numerous to put here. However, if you go back and read previous threads those other "missteps" are front and center. And there wasn't just one or two or three coincidences (all which maybe I could dismiss) but when I last counted, there were 10.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Whatever he says or doesn't say is going to get interpreted by someone as strange, odd, or suspicious.

Quoting my own post for reference

I am still so struck by those words. I think I would ask why as well, Nin. There's something about the way those questions are phrased. I usually try not to over analyze comments, statements, etc., but these questions IMO were jarring.

"Is this the first time you ever murdered?"

Really?That's what he would ask???
Those are 3 key questions that I posed to myself when beginning to investigate the "who" of this. Was this a first-time killer? Will they kill again or was the murder of Missy Bevers a means to an end only? Did they act alone or is there an accomplice or co-conspirator?

The answers to those questions or at least hypothetical answers to those questions (theory vs. known fact) go a long way in shaping a target suspect pool or focusing on a specific individual or individuals. This far out in terms of time allows people to move away from "why" or at least bury it temporarily. There will never be a satisfactory answer to "why" since there are so many options short of murder.

Those are 3 key questions that I posed to myself when beginning to investigate the "who" of this. Was this a first-time killer? Will they kill again or was the murder of Missy Bevers a means to an end only? Did they act alone or is there an accomplice or co-conspirator?

The answers to those questions or at least hypothetical answers to those questions (theory vs. known fact) go a long way in shaping a target suspect pool or focusing on a specific individual or individuals. This far out in terms of time allows people to move away from "why" or at least bury it temporarily. There will never be a satisfactory answer to "why" since there are so many options short of murder.

First, let me say that I came to this case late. I have no opinion one way or the other regarding his guilt or innocence. My comments were not framed leaning one way or the other, as some said, damned if he does (talk) damned if he doesn't. I hope that puts my reaction into perspective.

Therefore, I felt as though I was reading the interview from an impartial point of view. I agree with your thoughts Jethro as a sleuther. Also, I know everyone reacts differently. I've tried to put myself in different scenarios and wonder how I would react. Wondering if it's the first time someone did <fill in any situation here> is just not where my train of thought goes.

And that's the last I'll opine on this as I'm sure my posts are getting repetitious. :facepalm:

He claims his daughter said this?
Now, I find that strange. I would want to solve my mom's murder. I would mark this as a huge red flag.

"I would rather this social media stuff aimed at you (Myself) go away, than have mom&#8217;s murder solved.&#8221; I quickly had to make sure she understood the significance of her statement, but also came to realize how I allowed all of this to impact me, and how this false reality trickled into the lives of my children through no fault of their own.

Whoever committed this heinous crime planned it out thoroughly in regards to the SWAT outfit and roaming the hallways. To me that comes across as a personal attack. So much thought for the disguise and location. It doesn't look like a spur of the moment murder. Someone one wanted Missy alone that dark morning. That's personal. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member