TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannonball said it better than I could have.

But still gotta echo, I don't agree with the idea that the costume is an indicator of anything, other than the perp planned a way not to get caught at CCoC. But whether they expected to be concealing a murder, or instead didn't want to be caught for b&e, burglary, trespassing with an identity that was somehow known, or any number of other things that aren't murder, there's no way to know until we know who did it and why.

I don't think anything is really going to sway anyone's opinion except a real breakthrough. I think BB's statement is perfectly reasonable and I can see that her kids don't want to be known as the kids that had their mother killed. They just want to live as normal a life as possible. As they become older, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted justice a little more.

Everyone is just taking new statements and interpreting it to fit their preconceived idea of what happened. Myself included. Then rehashing everything for the 1000th time.

I’ve thought all along targeted and murder for hire. Too many “coincidences”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but I think it was burglary, not vandalism. Church burglary is incredibly common. Burglars know that churches are easy targets. They generally have minimum security, they store money and valuables, and usually no one is anywhere around them at 4 AM. This was the exception.

they store money

There is a lack of understanding in this remark. Are there links to verify this data?

By example, at my happy little church, we have a small group, we call them ushers, who take up the collection, during each service. This small group of ushers take the collection plates to a safe room where the money is counted, a bank deposit slip is completed and two of them take the proceeds, along with the deposit slip, to the bank as a "night deposit" on Sundays also on Wednesday evenings or anytime when a service collects donations.

The following is the most commonly use for handling of funds of donations to the Church:

PROCEDURES FOR HANDLING OFFERINGS

After an offering is received and until it can be properly secured, it should not be left unattended or with only one person. Smaller churches may have the ushers or other designated people count the offering immediately, using a form indicating the amount of cash, coin, and checks, along with who counted the funds (see sidebar for Sample Offering Form). Completed offering forms are essential and should be kept on file for an appropriate amount of time.

The offering counted during or immediately after the service must be done in a private, secure area. Many pastors prefer the offering be secured and counted later to avoid people missing out regularly on the sermon. If so, at least two people should put the money into a money bag and secure it until it can be counted later.

There are times when an offering will not be counted until the next day. In such cases, it is wise to have two people take the offering to the night depository at the bank. At least two people should also pick it up and count it. Unless your church has a secure safe, leaving money on church premises overnight is too risky.

When an offering is counted, care must be taken to see that the people who donated funds receive proper giving credit. It is necessary to have a system to assure that the name and amount on the envelope agree with the amount inside.
http://enrichmentjournal.ag.org/199803/112_church_funds.cfm

Reactions: AGT
A lot of churches do what DeeDee said...and online giving is huge now as well. MOO, but if it was a burglary they wouldn’t of had to go in at 4am and other stuff would’ve been taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of churches do what DeeDee said...and online giving is huge now as well. MOO, but if it was a burglary they wouldn’t of had to go in at 4am and other stuff would’ve been taken.

Burglary (also called breaking and entering and sometimes housebreaking) is an unlawful entry into a building or other location for the purposes of committing an offence.

Burglary or unlawful entry is often for theft but can be for vandalism, "joy-riding", loitering or other shenanigans. SP might have been there for something other than theft or murder.

SP didn't even bring a real murder weapon - there's no firearm. Entire cop get-up but this guy brings a hammer? No way.

I think it's more likely that SP has a connection to the church than a connection to MB.

Burglary (also called breaking and entering and sometimes housebreaking) is an unlawful entry into a building or other location for the purposes of committing an offence.

Burglary or unlawful entry is often for theft but can be for vandalism, "joy-riding", loitering or other shenanigans. SP might have been there for something other than theft or murder.

SP didn't even bring a real murder weapon - there's no firearm. Entire cop get-up but this guy brings a hammer? No way.

I think it's more likely that SP has a connection to the church than a connection to MB.
But guns can be traced.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

While it very well might be a burglary, I would take issue with your statement that it was poorly thought out.

Pouring rain - statistics show that burglaries increase on rainy nights. Fewer police patrols because cops don't like to get wet.

Wasted time meandering around in SWAT outfit - why not waste time? It's 4 am in a church on a MON morning. There's no reason to hurry. No one will be there for hours. The SWAT outfit was thought out well no matter the motive, because it left all of us guessing.

Not actually taking anything - we know he took at least one thing. He took the unknown white rectangular object. He didn't take anything else because he thought he had time, and it turned out he didn't.

No vehicle parked just outside - but one was. A dark SUV was seen by a passerby leaving the church at 4:30, according to a December 2016 search warrant.

No hurry to hit and run - sounds like you're making the "wasted time" point again. The burglar would not expect anyone to be there for hours.

How is it known he took the unknown rectangular object?

Reactions: AGT
There is a lack of understanding in this remark. Are there links to verify this data?

Google. Just Google "church burglary money stolen". It happens at least once a week. Here is just one recent example.

ST. LOUIS, MO — The Franklin County Sheriff’s office says that they have four suspects under arrest for several church burglaries. Seven churches in Franklin County have been recently burglarized. Sheriff Pelton says thieves have broke into the churches through windows and doors and taken everything from electronics to cash.
On November 21st a church van was stolen from a Pacific, Missouri church. On the 25th several instruments were stolen from St. Clair Christian Church. The next day electronics and expensive items were reported stolen from the Franklin County Baptist Association. On the first of December, money and checks were taken from another church near St. Clair. Two days later, a break in at the First Baptist Church of Gray Summit.

Police make several arrests in Franklin County church burglaries _ FOX2now.com.html

(1) Whether or not CCoC had money on the premises is not known. (Each church makes its own decisions. No way to know if they at that time were a church that did things as in DeDee's article, or not.)
(2) Regardless of whether CCoC had money there, the more relevant question is, "Did perp THINK they had money there?" Because, CCoC may have never kept money there overnight but if perp thought they did, then he still could have been motivated to break in and look for it, to steal it. And we have no idea who perp was, much less what he was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502