GUILTY FL - Murder Plot Gone Wrong, Dalia Dippolito Captured in YouTube Video

Nice work, Bently. please continue if you can.

Judge speaking still "Let me comment on time of inhouse arrrest, not entitlement for day to day credit as in house is not same as jail but can be considered as so long to conclusion as 8 years. Parentheticaly, either inadvertantly previous judge gave credit... I don't know why that was done... (he talked about 18 years vs. 20 years in first trial). I have to consider, but not day for day.. so I need to take that into account.

So,, inhouse arrest and no priors are my primary mitigators

16 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! credit for ???"

Sentenced to 16 years in prison, with credit for 163 days served. He did give some credit for the house arrest time by cutting 4 years off the 20 year max sentence.

And her attorney is going to appeal. FFS.

Also $518 court costs..... in judgement. I have explained best I can... 16 years plus ?? days served (couldn't hear for the SECOND TIME :banghead:)

I'm sure will hit internet in a second what I couldn't hear!

ETA: :tyou: superTMO!!!

Also $518 court costs..... in judgement. I have explained best I can... 16 years plus ?? days served (couldn't hear for the SECOND TIME :banghead:)

I'm sure will hit internet in a second what I couldn't hear!

ETA: :tyou: superTMO!!!

She should be ordered to pay restitution to MD for the money she stole. Her stupid attorney said during Mike's testimony they were trying to pay him back and Mike fired back, "so you're saying you have a check ready for me today?" 😂

I'm satisfied knowing that her son will be almost 18 when she is released and hopefully that gives him a chance to have a normal, healthy childhood. Perhaps without her influence he will have a chance to have a successful life. I think the prosecutor was dead on when he brought up that she kept the baby a secret until she could use him as a weapon during her second trial.

VERDICT UPDATE: Dalia Dippolito, the 34-year-old former Boynton Beach newlywed convicted for a second time in the 2009 murder plot to kill her husband, will spend the next 16 years of her life in prison.

With his sentence, Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley denied prosecutors’ request for him to exceed the 20-year sentence that Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath previously gave Dippolito in 2011 and rejected defense attorneys’ request for a sentence below the four-year minimum recommended sentence.

The sentence came at the end of a nearly 4-hour, sometimes emotional, sometimes grueling hearing in the case, which garnered international headlines eight years ago when a video of Dippolito crying at a staged crime scene went viral.

The only witness testimony came from Michael Dippolito, who had heard evidence in his now ex-wife’s plot but listened for the first time in a courtroom Friday as prosecutors read text messages and played videos of her plotting his demise.

“It’s not even real,” Michael Dippolito told Kelley. “It’s like I can’t even believe we’re still sitting here like this girl didn’t even try to do this.”

Prosecutors had asked Kelley for a 30-year sentence. Defense attorney Greg Rosenfeld said that with Dippolito already having served eight years on house arrest, a two-year sentence followed by another eight years’ probation was appropriate.

Dippolito’s attorneys even before the sentencing had vowed to appeal her conviction on several grounds, including allegations that one of the jurors in her June trial had slept through critical parts of the case.

5:05 p.m. UPDATE:

Prosecutor Craig Williams returns for a rebuttal.

A testy exhcange ensues between state and defense when Williams brings up her son.

The judge asks, “Where are you going with this?”

Williams says Dippolito used the child as a weapon to get off during second trial.

Judge: “You’ve articulated your point. Move on.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/breaking-news-dalia-dippolito-gets-years-prison/FFZSGIofHYp3PnJGXiuBAP/

"It's been hard for me to put into words what Ms. Dippolito's been through and what I've been through."

WTF this isn't about you. Now he's getting personal about how much of an honor it is to know Dalia, how much his own wife has sacrificed so he could help Dalia, blah blah blah. He sounds like he is in love with Dalia. Someone needs to hit the gong.

Consider it done, dear.

GONGSHOW7.jpg

Not sure what to think about 16 years. I guess it depends on how much she will actually serve. If she serves 85 percent and is released, I supposed there's not much that can be done about it...it's the law in FL. I do hope that the 85 percent is computed using the full sentence rather than the 16 years left after all the credit she got for house arrest.

I am not familiar enough with Florida law to know what this 16 year sentence means. Eighty-five percent of it doesn't sound like enough to me.

The above link now has a few new sentences added since original posting...

"Kelley said he considered two mitigating factors seriously: Dippolito’s lack of prior criminal record and the time she spent on house arrest. He noted her 20-year sentence in 2011 was actually an 18-year seentence because Colbath gave her credit then for house arrest.

So Kelley sentenced her to 16 years in prison, giving her credit for half the eight years she has spent on house arrest."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/breaking-news-dalia-dippolito-gets-years-prison/FFZSGIofHYp3PnJGXiuBAP/ Updated 5:36 p.m Friday, July 21, 2017

Well, I guess we should be thankful that she didn't get away with it. It's Florida so, you never know if there will be justice or not.

im pleased with Flordia in this case I remember the Texas Cheerleader mom served about 6 months before her lawers found a juror who had been indicted on a coke charge I think and that somehow got her off her remaining sentence which I think was 10 years. I chatted with her victim who told me me she was working near Houson at an auto parts store still as crazy as ever lol.

So how long will Dalia have to serve before she has a shot at parole?

Just wow...It's been a long time since her carefree single lifestyle, coming and going as you please, no kids...Okay a kid now but where is she...And she looks to have aged...Gotta ask..was it worth it. We all would know the answer...

i am okay with the sentence...really liked this judge...it had to be awful listening to the defense that just would not stop. I see no chance of winning an appeal and even less chance she will be anywhere but prison waiting for the outcome.

The Judge should have added on another 5 yrs for the DUMB story she told about this incident being for a reality TV show and Mike was in on it all along. She's shown absolutely no remorse. This is a dangerous woman who would have had no problem killing someone. And for what? Money---that's what. Mike is lucky to be alive.

Dalia Dippolito judge again tosses sleeping juror claim

The judge in Dalia Dippolito’s long-running legal saga really hopes her lawyers are paying attention this time.

After he tossed Team Dalia’s request for another new trial because of claims that a juror was sleeping, Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley laid down the law Friday.

And he said he will not change his mind.

During the most-recent trial, Kelley said he made “personal observations” the juror “was not asleep during the presentation of evidence and was fit to continue as a juror.”

In case that wasn’t clear enough, he emphasized Friday that he was explaining his ruling for the final time.

[...]

While Dippolito appeals the conviction and punishment, she also wants the judge to approve a bond — $25,000 is the amount requested — that would allow her to return to house arrest.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...lito-sleeping-juror-order-20170728-story.html

Identity of Dalia Dippolito’s baby’s father revealed during hearing

WEST PALM BEACH —
It will be another several days at least before Dalia Dippolito will find out whether a Palm Beach County judge will allow her to return home on house arrest or force her to go to prison as she pursues a second round of appeals in her murder solicitation case.

Lawyers for Dippolito on Thursday made their last pitch for her freedom to Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley in a hearing that brought with it the bombshell revelations of the identify of her son’s father and the fact that he has lived with Dippolito at her mother’s home since shortly after the child’s birth.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...vealed-during-hearing/G43pfbLEVhTrKfIy9b21vK/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back