IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this statement by ISP Sgt. Riley been clarified? We know their parents were aware where they were going, what they planned to do, how they were getting there and a plan for being picked up. What was he hinting at?

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/15/police-...-in-case-of-missing-carroll-county-teenagers/

No but I would still really like to know what the Sgt meant by this statement.

There may be an epidemic in parts of Indiana. But Indiana is a really big state. I researched, Delphi the town is not experiencing this crisis in any major way, and the what small labs have been located from time to time are in residences. Though there are homes near to the Moton Trail, that part of town is actually a little more upscale, houses selling for more than in other locations, and no reported incidence of major drug activity there.

Dephi has a crime rate lower than the rest of Indiana and much lower than the national average. Which is probably why it was a perfect spot for a crime like this. No one was expecting this type of murder--it's unheard of in that town. This type of crime in Delphi just doesn't happen--which may also be why the killer chose this town. It's easier to surprise and subdue an unwary victim.

Respectfully, I am from a nearby county, and I was surprised to learn the extent of the crisis in my area. Less than an hour away, and just as rural. Though they don't have major crime in Delphi, I'm certain that drug use is just as widespread.

There may be an epidemic in parts of Indiana. But Indiana is a really big state. I researched, Delphi the town is not experiencing this crisis in any major way, and the what small labs have been located from time to time are in residences. Though there are homes near to the Moton Trail, that part of town is actually a little more upscale, houses selling for more than in other locations, and no reported incidence of major drug activity there.

Dephi has a crime rate lower than the rest of Indiana and much lower than the national average. Which is probably why it was a perfect spot for a crime like this. No one was expecting this type of murder--it's unheard of in that town. This type of crime in Delphi just doesn't happen--which may also be why the killer chose this town. It's easier to surprise and subdue an unwary victim.
Gracie, I thought it was a typo originally but it is the Monon trail not the Moton trail. This indeed was the first murder in 20 years I believe until that guy just recently confessed to shooting his uncle. So suddenly that's now three murders since the last one 20 years ago I think.

Has this statement by ISP Sgt. Riley been clarified? We know their parents were aware where they were going, what they planned to do, how they were getting there and a plan for being picked up. What was he hinting at?

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/15/police-...-in-case-of-missing-carroll-county-teenagers/

I'm sure a lot of assumptions will be forthcoming...

Respectfully, I am from a nearby county, and I was surprised to learn the extent of the crisis in my area. Less than an hour away, and just as rural. Though they don't have major crime in Delphi, I'm certain that drug use is just as widespread.

Right. But what is there to link meth to this crime? I live in an urban location where human trafficking occurs a lot, but that doesn't mean that if someone was murdered down the street from me, that it was due to human trafficking.

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Just because two events occur near to one another, doesn't mean they are related. There has to be a concrete, substantiated, known connection for that theory to hold any water.

What actual connection have you discovered by way of reliable sources? Any? I looked. No report has been made by LE linking meth to these murders. None.

No but I would still really like to know what the Sgt meant by this statement.

The statement was made to warn parents in the area that there is a killer on the loose. It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Right. But what is there to link meth to this crime? I live in an urban location where human trafficking occurs a lot, but that doesn't mean that if someone was murdered down the street from me, that it was due to human trafficking.

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Just because two events occur near to one another, doesn't mean they are related. There has to be a concrete, substantiated, known connection for that theory to hold any water.

What actual connection have you discovered by way of reliable sources? Any? I looked. No report has been made by LE linking meth to these murders. None.

I didn't say meth. I said heroin. I apologize for offering my thoughts and can see that they are not welcome here.

I didn't say meth. I said heroin. I apologize for offering my thoughts and can see that they are not welcome here.

There was no indication that heroin was involved either.

One thing that concerns me about some of these cases, this case specifically, is the enormous amount of bad info, being disseminated on it. Not just here, but there are so many wacky, ridiculous, unsubstantiated theories being propagated out there on-line. LE is even complaining about it. Personally, I feel it treats these victims as if they don't matter. Because if Libby and Abigail really matter, then why fabricate? Why not work with reliable facts that might lead to identifying the killer, or at the very least help prevent something like this from happening again?

As long as you follow TOS, your thoughts are welcome here!!! We do ask for sources for the data, so to insure we're not spreading rumors. Or, we can say...IMO, to clarify it's just that. I will often suggest ideas (IMO) that don't fall within the popular vote, and that's ok! Different perspectives can lead us to some great outcomes. Glad you're here, and thanks for your ideas!

:seeya:

There was no indication that heroin was involved either.

One thing that concerns me about some of these cases, this case specifically, is the enormous amount of bad info, being disseminated on it. Not just here, but there are so many wacky, ridiculous, unsubstantiated theories being propagated out there on-line. LE is even complaining about it. Personally, I feel it treats these victims as if they don't matter. Because if Libby and Abigail really matter, then why fabricate? Why not work with reliable facts that might lead to identifying the killer, or at the very least help prevent something like this from happening again?
Where do we begin?

He cared about getting caught or he would have killed them on the bridge. He marched them across the creek to avoid getting caught. He killed them there and left them there. He did not remove them from the area, kill them, and then return their bodies to the area. He was afraid of getting caught. The thrill was the kill, not the fear of being caught.

IMO, of course.

I think having them under his control is what he wanted more than anything. He liked having power over them, which is why he made them leave the bridge and go to where he killed them (which is where they were found).

I have felt from the beginning this was about power and control. I won't be surprised if they were not sexually assaulted, because I don't think it was a sexually motivated crime.

I don't think he went there specifically looking for those two girls, but I think he went there hoping to find a vulnerable person. He happened upon the two girls and probably liked the increased thrill of controlling two people instead of just one.

Just because LE have not said drugs are involved does not mean they weren't.

Has LE asked about vehicles seen in the area, the way they asked about hitchhikers?
Very good point!! Also- Is this couple male & female? Just random walkers? Seen by whom, RL? COULD IT BE BG & 1 of the girls? Could it be 2 male perps?
did snowbirds have a house sitter, maybe even family or friend to them they just can't accept could be BG so they aren't talking? IDK!!!

I was actually mistaken, so I'm glad I didn't share incorrect info.

Good to hear. I was going to suggest the scanner thread if you didn't find what you needed.

<modsnip>

There is no indication of any motive ATM or any facts regarding it. Hence nothing can be ruled out. Tips contributed to 20 arrests some of which were meth labs in people's houses. Now why would tips on persons involved in meth production be called in relating to these murders? That is what we do not know.

IMO - these murders have nothing to do with drugs (except that the perp was probably high that day).
Q: also early on, the ISP told the pubic that they would be very interested if anyone finds a discarded backpack. It's possible this perp had one on under that jacket, a front facing backpack. Is it possible that an eyewitness told the police they saw a man there with a backpack? However, there is no backpack (or jacket for that matter) included in the recent sketch. We do not know if Libby had one on her as we have no pic of her. We do know that Abbie was not wearing a backpack. Could the perp have put his muder clothes in that backpack? Why is there no jacket in that suspect sketch? They always do those sketches as close to the witness(es) description as they can. If not, they will explain why not such as the cap they said not to any attention to but focus on face.

Please continue to share your thoughts....just salt and pepper them with IMO and MOO. Thanks for contributing your opinions. All are valued.
May the perp be brought to justice asap.

IMO - these murders have nothing to do with drugs (except that the perp was probably high that day).
Q: also early on, the ISP told the pubic that they would be very interested if anyone finds a discarded backpack. It's possible this perp had one on under that jacket, a front facing backpack. Is it possible that an eyewitness told the police they saw a man there with a backpack? However, there is no backpack (or jacket for that matter) included in the recent sketch. We do not know if Libby had one on her as we have no pic of her. We do know that Abbie was not wearing a backpack. Could the perp have put his muder clothes in that backpack? Why is there no jacket in that suspect sketch? They always do those sketches as close to the witness(es) description as they can. If not, they will explain why not such as the cap they said not to any attention to but focus on face.

RBBM

Yes. Quite possible to both statements.
He could also have stashed the backpack at the CS (where the girls were found) before he maneuvered them over there.

JMO.

Gracie- You are definitely very bright and insightful! I think perhaps sometimes posts of concise wording may make others feel their remarks are being put down. We need to allow for brain storming here to help us think outside the box! Others may have points, thoughts, ideas some may feel should be discounted but may in fact be worth raising for consideration... After all, BG is still out there! Seemingly blunt responses may discourage others from sleuthing and we need all the help we can get! Let's welcome ALL sleuthers' thoughts! Let's all keep our minds open here and toss ideas out without fearing (or feeling) any are being ridiculed. Welcome to all Sleuthers New and Old! P.S. I hope THIS msg is not mis-taken. I am glad you ALL are here!!! :daisy:
Let's nail this ba$#@rd! :copcar: I want justice for our girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :websleuther:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member