IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care what anyone says, there are better trails with more girls ..that place is nothingness. Why was he there? maybe looking to do a break in. But how do you end up in a place like this on that trail without former knowledge? Maybe hiding out. foraging and living in the shadows.

I like this strangler in Kentucky a lot, he's been bouncing around shelters the last while.they think he's wandering around Indiana..this guy looks like he could have a family somewhere... but with this guy he's wandering and may be an opportunist by nature , so he's always on the ready.

spur of the moment psychotic killer, wandering Indiana hiding from Kentucky LE, The wandering intriuges me, he's a sociopath , full blown rapist and killer on the loose.

very interesting, so is swimming pool guy, molesting multiple girls at once. IMO

First time poster here, but have been interested in this case from day one. I'm from Indiana and take it personally that this thing is sneaking around my home state murdering our children.

I too would be interested in having access to the original stills taken from the video.

My PC is built to do advanced graphics but I can't do much without the originals. Or let me put it this way. I would be able to do a lot more with the originals than the images I'm able to glean from searching online. Going to the ISP's website is a joke. The images they have up of the suspect are so poorly done that it's pathetic. The largest one they have is displayed in a format to fit a container. It's easily about 400 pixels wider than anything else out there and was obviously enhanced and installed on their site by an amateur. Were I or anybody else that does graphics for the private sector to pull that with a paying clients imagery, it would generate a call from said client demanding that it be corrected. One would think that they would take a more serious attitude in trying to give the public what we need to be able to identify this guy.

I've never seen anything (other than war) done by a branch of our government that couldn't be done better by private enterprise.

So... If anybody has, or could direct me to a place online where I could acquire the original suspect images in their largest format I would appreciate it. If not, I'll keep hoping that the ISP sees the error of their ways and puts the full size originals up.

Welcome to WS.

No originals are available, just the three cropped images, I'm afraid.

First time poster here, but have been interested in this case from day one. I'm from Indiana and take it personally that this thing is sneaking around my home state murdering our children.

I too would be interested in having access to the original stills taken from the video.

My PC is built to do advanced graphics but I can't do much without the originals. Or let me put it this way. I would be able to do a lot more with the originals than the images I'm able to glean from searching online. Going to the ISP's website is a joke. The images they have up of the suspect are so poorly done that it's pathetic. The largest one they have is displayed in a format to fit a container. It's easily about 400 pixels wider than anything else out there and was obviously enhanced and installed on their site by an amateur. Were I or anybody else that does graphics for the private sector to pull that with a paying clients imagery, it would generate a call from said client demanding that it be corrected. One would think that they would take a more serious attitude in trying to give the public what we need to be able to identify this guy.

I've never seen anything (other than war) done by a branch of our government that couldn't be done better by private enterprise.

So... If anybody has, or could direct me to a place online where I could acquire the original suspect images in their largest format I would appreciate it. If not, I'll keep hoping that the ISP sees the error of their ways and puts the full size originals up.

Greetings and welcome,

I worked with this ISP source:

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5852022/

-Nin
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Butting in for a sec with a question. Is this a new/recent case, or lingering discussion over an old one? The names seem familiar so I'm confused. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Butting in for a sec with a question. Is this a new/recent case, or lingering discussion over an old one? The names seem familiar so I'm confused. Thanks!

Libby & Abby went missing on Feb 13, 2017. Their bodies were found on Feb. 14, 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offer your services to Delphi LE?

Welcome to WS and this case!

This is the start of the 67th thread about the double murder of teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German that occurred on Feb 13, 2017 in Delphi IN. When one thread gets too long and cumbersome, it is closed and a new one is opened up. Think of it like each thread is a new chapter in the same book.

Offer your services to Delphi LE?

I've tipped the FBI my thoughts after enhancing what I consider to be the best images I've found. That was on the 28th and I haven't heard back from them. But it was a phone call and I talked to the person answering the tip line. They did take down what I told them in detail along with my name, address, and phone number.

I'm sure that they put the "I can see it in the image" tips at the bottom of the pile. Ideally they want names of people that are similar looking to their suspect images, or of people that that are for one reason or another causing suspicion in the mind of the person calling.

From haunting the forums and YouTube Channels I've discovered that there are a lot of wildly speculative people interested in the case that claim to see things in the images that simply aren't there. I'm sure that LE is exhausted with listening to them to the point where when the real deal does show up. That it could easily be dismissed as just another nervous Nelly with an overactive imagination mixed with a mild case of pareidolia. I did try to explain to them the technical side of teasing the properties of an object out of an image but I don't think the person manning the tip line understood it.

If I don't hear back from them with somebody that wants to discuss what I shared with them in depth. Then I will take a more direct route by contacting one of the Indiana based lines of comm for offering up tips.

In the end they will hear what I have to say and learn what I know. Even if I have to drive up there and give them what for in person.

Do we know what kind of phone this video was taken with? Do we know what she had the resolution settings at?

It's a bit bold to be using the word "amateur" when we don't know the source resolution, or how far away he was in the video. If that phone was 3 or 4 years old, or more, then they may have done the best with what they had to work with. The FBI was also involved, so I doubt they are using high school students from a co-op program.

Do we know what kind of phone this video was taken with? Do we know what she had the resolution settings at?

It's a bit bold to be using the word "amateur" when we don't know the source resolution, or how far away he was in the video. If that phone was 3 or 4 years old, or more, then they may have done the best with what they had to work with. The FBI was also involved, so I doubt they are using high school students from a co-op program.

My "amateur" comment was directed to the method of the image placement on the ISP website. Was it bold? No it wasn't. It is however factual. The truth can be an unpleasant thing.

Go look at it and you tell me if it's not been considerably widened to fit the container. By a good portion even! Making the suspect look much heavier than he is. This is an unforgivable amateurish mistake. At least get the basics right. It's not like they're selling pizza's on that website. They're looking for a serial killer.

It seems with the FBI involved from day one that the best equipment and skilled agents would have been working on these images as well. Some think Libby might have taken the video over her shoulder as she was moving away from perp so doubtful it's a great image to start with imo.

My "amateur" comment was directed to the method of the image placement on the ISP website. Was it bold? No it wasn't. It is however factual. The truth can be an unpleasant thing.

Go look at it and you tell me if it's not been considerably widened to fit the container. By a good portion even! Making the suspect look much heavier than he is. This is an unforgivable amateurish mistake. At least get the basics right. It's not like they're selling pizza's on that website. They're looking for a serial killer.
I know abso!utely nothing about photo enhancement, but maybe you could contact LE on their Delphi FB page.

If the new sketch of the suspect would be shown in the approximately right colours (complexion rosy? hair and eyebrows reddish-brown?) then we would have a better impression of his face. Ok, the complexion could be changing and someone with rosy complexion might be looking pale some times (or more red). Nevertheless I think it would a little bit help identifying the suspect.

I know abso!utely nothing about photo enhancement, but maybe you could contact LE on their Delphi FB page.

I'm going to give it one week. If I don't hear back from tipping the FBI I will contact Local LE in Delphi. They're working themselves hard to get this guy and I know that they have mountains of tips to go through. In addition the investigation itself uncovered a lot of other unrelated LE matters for them to deal with.

Other than the girls families, nobody wants him as bad as the local LE up there. They take it very personally. It happened to two of their own.

Next thought:
IF the suspect isn't alive any more and he had been married, do you think any wife would call LE to tell that she found "trophies" of perhaps murdered girls or ominous tools in the basement of their family home or in a shed or in a car? No, the wife wouldn't do that, IMO. Unfortunately. :pullhair:

Libby & Abby went missing on Feb 13, 2017. Their bodies were found on Feb. 14, 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and @watcher9 ! I apparently missed the #67 in the title - and I even looked for a thread #. It's been a long day [emoji9]

Next thought:
IF the suspect isn't alive any more and he had been married, do you think any wife would call LE to tell that she found "trophies" of perhaps murdered girls or ominous tools in the basement of their family home or in a shed or in a car? No, the wife wouldn't do that, IMO. Unfortunately. :pullhair:

Depends on the wife, I would whether he was dead or alive.

Above BBM - I believe it has been suggested/determined that he was apx. 60 feet away.

Above BBM - I believe it has been suggested/determined that he was apx. 60 feet away.
Is there a link to that information somewhere? It's tough to determine the distance from any of the stills I have seen.

The point about the distance away was more about the pixels. The further away he was in the video, the smaller the image, and thus, the fewer pixels his image contains.

If, for example, his face is only 30 pixels by 30 pixels, you're not going to be able to refine it with any great detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann