Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

Page states his car was found... can't seem to find the information as to where it was found. Anyone?

I have some questions - not sure if there are answers but maybe.

David was dropped off - do we have any idea who dropped him off? His girlfriend? Another friend?
The area he was in does have an opiod problem. Do we know if David was clean or was he using?
He has had AA friends comment - has the family reached out to his AA friends? That is a close group. The answers may be there.
Last place seen before the friend dropped him off?
Where are his friends in all of this?
Has he left before? Seems he travels - lived in Fl. Said he may show up in CA.
I think the answers are either with the AA friends or the drug friends but they seem to be out of the loop or at least keeping quiet.

I have some questions - not sure if there are answers but maybe.

David was dropped off - do we have any idea who dropped him off? His girlfriend? Another friend?
The area he was in does have an opiod problem. Do we know if David was clean or was he using?
He has had AA friends comment - has the family reached out to his AA friends? That is a close group. The answers may be there.
Last place seen before the friend dropped him off?
Where are his friends in all of this?
Has he left before? Seems he travels - lived in Fl. Said he may show up in CA.
I think the answers are either with the AA friends or the drug friends but they seem to be out of the loop or at least keeping quiet.

Welcome to WS !! Those are all great questions and hopefully LE and family have reached out to everyone and are questioning everything and every move made with hopes of a trail leading to his where abouts. I think someone up-thread stated to "start with friend " he was last seen with and I agree.
Hoping for some news/ updates soon.

I guess I'm confused by the parents lack of details. They did say anyone with connections to homeless shelters or churches in the area to look out for him. He is familiar with the church so may turn to a local one for food or help.

LE asked the parents to continue to search in the Maryland area and they will be searching Ellicott City and Catonsville, MD this Friday.

maybe his parents don't want too much out there if they suspect he is using. the father is a pastor isn't he?

The location is not in Baltimore. It is in the area of the Howard & Carroll County line.
It is farm/horse area but not at all desolate. Just a short distance away is 144 & Woodbine Road which has a shopping center. Also, as another poster stated, Routes 40 & 70 are close by.
I apologize, I should have put Howard County or Woodbine as the link below shows.

http://maryland.missing.report/david-gipson-smith-woodbine/

I got the Maryland correct. :) I am not sure if it has been alerted on but I will go ahead and alert a mod with the correction.

Shouldn't this actually be labeled NJ, not MD? He is from NJ, took a trip to MD, and was left back in NJ.

The family needs to reach out a wider net. He has a history of substance abuse and some criminal history. The folks from that part of his life will be helpful in finding him.
According to this missing person link Maryland is the correct state. I did get the city wrong though and I will alert a mod.

Would it be safe to say that this area is not a city or suburban area, which one could easily catch a cab or bus? Would there be camera's in the area that could possibly track his movements?

The location is not in Baltimore. It is in the area of the Howard & Carroll County line.
It is farm/horse area but not at all desolate. Just a short distance away is 144 & Woodbine Road which has a shopping center. Also, as another poster stated, Routes 40 & 70 are close by.

Thanks, Mods for fixing my oops in the title.

Now where is David?

Would it be safe to say that this area is not a city or suburban area, which one could easily catch a cab or bus? Would there be camera's in the area that could possibly track his movements?
No buses. You could call for a cab I suppose but you wouldn't be hailing one. The shopping center in the area probably has cameras. Some of the other properties may have them but couldn't say for sure. The highways nearby should at least have traffic cameras but I don't know if they record.

David's family posted that there were two possible sightings but are waiting on video confirmation of one before getting their hopes up. I so hope it is.

It's always a strange case when very little detail is given. I hope he is found safely. Not sure what he was getting into!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This story is just so hinky... why would a person drop him off on a piece of property out there without his car? Is there even a house on the property? If he was going to stay there wouldn't he follow her so he would have transportation? And, if he planned to visit a friend, why was she all-of-a-sudden not going to be there for his visit?

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2017/08/29/david-gipson-smith-missing-from-maryland/

It does feel like there is a significant detail missing from this story, to say the least.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back