Identified! MO - Pemiscot Co., WhtMale UP14552, 18-25, JH' tattoo, Jun'78 - James Hendricks

Also, states that it is believed the male and female were killed at same location that male was found ..MO...and female was then transported and dumped in Arkansas. I think this is incorrect. Find it hard to believe that someone shot in the head by a shotgun was tranported in to another state. Maybe there was a party..person shot male...took female ..crossed state lines then shot her. Maybe drunk..fight broke out..possibly over female??

Report says doe had bedding\sleeping bag..but not male? Couldn't have been going far..no mention of either having a backpack for clothing at least...maybe were local..going hiking or camping out. Not really known how they were killed. Trespassing on someone's property or a hunter out in the woods..interesting choice of weapon.shotgun. Think they ticked someone off...possibly male, he was shot three times.

Namus 24911 Matt Thomas Amon
I submitted to doe network...same height weight hair scar ect...was told a,simple..not probable.

Just got word that this John Doe and his girlfriend were identified. No names have been released, but his initials are JH, just as his tattoo indicates, and her name was Kim.

Neither of them were reported missing persons.

OMG....thank you!!!!!
I am speechless.....pls keep us informed

I cannot believe it!!

I can hardly believe it, too. When I saw the update, I had to do a double take and stare at the title for a moment or two before "identified" sunk in. Then I was like whaaa-holy {{expletive}}

Just got word that this John Doe and his girlfriend were identified. No names have been released, but his initials are JH, just as his tattoo indicates, and her name was Kim.

Neither of them were reported missing persons.

Prayers for both families

I see his NamUs profile has been pulled. I assume they will have to find funding to run DNA from her family. I guess it depends on her age whether NamUs or NCMEC will pay for it unless they have something else to confirm who she was.

NamUs UP #14552 - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14552

wooooHOOOOO! So glad they're going home.

Condolences to the families and friends who have been missing them for so long.

Just got word that they are about 3 weeks from getting a positive ID on the Jane Doe, but they are confident enough that they are OK with us releasing their names.

The John Doe has been positively ID'd as Jimmy Hendricks of Flint Michigan.

b07c5b2d-f6a1-44cb-96f8-432ebdba476d.jpg

His girlfriend, Kim Mills, is likely the Jane Doe, though neither ID not been positively confirmed yet. I don't yet have a photo of Kim.

My thoughts are with the families. If they were never reported missing, they may have thought they were just making their own way in life. Very sad, I hope this can be solved although it seems unlikely.

Even though their murder is still unsolved, its a comfort to know they are finally identified.......hopefully Kim and Jimmy are at peace!

Rest in peace Jimmy and Kim :rose:

So glad these two finally have their names back. It looks like Jimmy may have been on the run when he was murdered... which makes me wonder why he wasn't matched sooner through fingerprints. RIP Jimmy and Kim.

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=150048

Yes. We figured that someone would eventually figure it out. His sister wanted us to hold off temporarily on revealing that fact.

But now that someone has found his MDOC page, I'll go ahead and explain the situation.

I've said that they weren't reported "Missing". I was being a bit coy. Jimmy was a fugitive. He had gone AWOL from a prison release program after serving a two year sentence for theft. Kim fled with him. So the family knew that authorities were looking for both of them.

But they weren't "missing persons" per se. They were fugitives. That is why the families never reported them missing.

The sister says that the last time they heard from them was the day they died. Kim sent a letter home from the diner in Arkansas - the same diner where they were seen by others prior to their deaths.

She said that the authorities on a few occasions came to them trying to find out if they knew anything about Jimmy's or Kim's whereabouts. They didn't believe the family when they said they had no idea where they were, and hadn't heard from them since 78.

and his sentence was so short too, considering. ah, youth and poor choices. didn't deserve to be shot and dumped at all :(

any ideas about that? :(

and his sentence was so short too, considering. ah, youth and poor choices. didn't deserve to be shot and dumped at all :(

any ideas about that? :(

Agreed. His sister said that he thought there was a statute of limitations for prison escape, and if they could hide out for a few years, they would be off the hook.

There is no SOL for prison escape, so it was a foolish move for just a two year sentence.

That was my guess--that his family knew they were gone but not "missing." How sad. And he did have such a short sentence. Now that they've been identified, I hope their families will get justice someday.

right, he would have spent a LOT more time for the escape than his measly 2 years. :(

Agreed. His sister said that he thought there was a statute of limitations for prison escape, and if they could hide out for a few years, they would be off the hook.

There is no SOL for prison escape, so it was a foolish move for just a two year sentence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back