CA CA - Helendale, Fem UP906, 15-22, in desert, missing toes, Sep'02

I never get any response when emailing. :(

If anyone else can ring up/email that would be fantastic, does anyone have a contact who could help?

Did anyone submit Malisa? Looks like a good possible option...

Doe Network says "The shoes are of a style reminiscent of the 1980's."

So is the white blazer and shirt with shoulder pads, imo. NamUs says "Long-legging bl" - wonder if it's something to do with pants but got left off?

I'm wondering if she was there way longer than 2.5 years. Unless she was headed to an 80s party or something.

Malisa looks like a good possible, Shadowdancer! I'm wondering if her Asian/Pacific Islander ancestry is mixed with Caucasian (Kerr surname) - maybe that particular combination made it difficult to make a good guess on race for the UID.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this UID was from the 80s. The Desert takes a heavy toll on human remains. There was one case, also in San Bernadino County, where remains found in 1971 were thought to be at most 10 years old. When they eventually IDed the remains, the UID turned out to have been murdered in 1946.

I too question the 80s clothes. The only thing I can think of is a themed dance, Halloween, spirit week etc. or she's been there since the 80's.

She doesn't have any identifiers, so there's not much they can do.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Ugh, true -- bummer.

Did some digging on Malisa to see what I could find...
- She is originally from Bangkok, Thailand
- Her original name was Malisa Wongsesoa (changed when she moved to the U.S.)
- She moved to the U.S. (Carrollton, MS) in 1978, at age 4
- On her naturalization papers, her father is listed as Inman Winfield Kerr, who is a U.S. citizen, so thinking she was probably adopted by an American family?
- That may be why there's no DNA available -- they wouldn't have been able to get it from any biological parents / siblings, if she was adopted from Thailand
- Not sure if her father Inman is still alive but if he is, he'd be 83 years old
- Inman has lived in Carrollton, MS; Henderson, NV and Rockledge, FL

You'd have thought that there would be dentals for Malisa though, given that she had braces on her teeth...

You'd have thought that there would be dentals for Malisa though, given that she had braces on her teeth...

Very true, it seems like that would mean she had good dental care and was at least going to an orthodontist, if not a dentist too. Seems odd that they wouldn't be able to get records from either of them...what would be the best way to find out if anyone looked into this? Reaching out to law enforcement?

I want to suggest Michaela Garecht as a possibility. I don't entirely think it's her, but I just wanted to rule her out anyway.

Adding her reconstruction image

Original

(Click on image to enlarge)
NamUs Link #UP906 - https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/906/
Doe Network link - 1422UFCA

Very true, it seems like that would mean she had good dental care and was at least going to an orthodontist, if not a dentist too. Seems odd that they wouldn't be able to get records from either of them...what would be the best way to find out if anyone looked into this? Reaching out to law enforcement?

Dental records don't generally get saved for long--ten or fifteen years is common, depending on the dentist. And if the dentist retired and sold his practice, the new person often cleans out the old records.

Nobody has mentioned Sabrina Kahler yet.

kahler_sabrina2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kahler_sabrina.html

She's probably not our Jane Doe. The circumstances and distance don't fit.

But she did wear braces, and she fits the age and height specs, and was LKA only a couple months prior to discovery.
Was this one ever checked out? Weirder things have happened when people are kidnapped. The fact that the MP has a very prominent jaw is pretty distinguishing given the sketch of the UID. Not to mention the MP's hair looks more strawberry/reddish than blonde.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this UID was from the 80s. The Desert takes a heavy toll on human remains. There was one case, also in San Bernadino County, where remains found in 1971 were thought to be at most 10 years old. When they eventually IDed the remains, the UID turned out to have been murdered in 1946.
I wouldn't necessarily call this the dessert taking a dramatic toll on remains. Quite the opposite. For remains to be in the ground and presumed only 10 years old, when they are actually 25 years old? That says the dessert is preserving the remains. Dry conditions, less damp, less rot.

What about the following names?

*Timeka Pridgen (braces, brown streaks in hair that may have faded to red?)
*Erin Pospisil (red highlights in hair)
*Ingrid Contreras (last seen June 2001 in LA going for a job interview, which matches the clothing description, it sounded youthfully professional)
*Teresa Barbusca (had an abortion months before she went missing, unclear how remains of UID were determined to have carried a child and to what extent)

I tried to date the “celebrity bra brand” but found they were available from the 195o,s quite popular in ads in the 1980’s (particularly lace) but for sale into the mid 2000’s, (loveable brand). So no help with dates.
I mean no disrespect but the name “ disco doe” would be apt to gain more attention for her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back