IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any pictures of him in Colorado before he was arrested that might depict what kind of clothing he was wearing? All I've seen in Colorado are jail clothing

"State police are calling Nations a “person of interest” in the case, but it’s a title they say has been used many times over the past several months and has yet to lead to an arrest.

Sgt. Riley said Nations is just one of dozens of “suspects” they have checked out as part of their investigation into the girls’ murders.

“This is not something that is just done this one time, it’s been done over and over,” said Sgt. Riley. “We’ve had some Kokomo incidents, we’ve had some Logansport incidents, Lafayette Police Department. We’ve had out of state departments contact us.”"

Do you recall early on a witness statement about seeing a man and a woman around the scene that day?

Interesting article from August 14, 2017: http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/
They should have their answer pretty quickly since it sounds like they have the suspect's DNA from the murders.

FROM THE ARTICLE:

Police tell us they have conducted hundreds of interviews, followed up on thousands of leads and served dozens of search warrants to find clues that the killer may have left behind, including DNA.

“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators have more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.
“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.

Thanks, this was the article I was remembering.

"Nations has been on the sex offender registry since 2007 when court records show he was convicted of exposing and pleasuring himself in a WalMart parking lot in Spartanburg County, South Carolina the previous year. *

Per court documents from that incident, the witness told police that Nations exposed himself and then asked her, “You want to get on this? It’ll be fun.”"

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi?page=2

Disgusting....!

There's a video at the above link which shows a collage of all or at least many of his mugshots...

"Since 2014, he’s been arrested in Bartholomew, Hendricks, Johnson and Marion counties.

Let's take a look at some of the other specific charges against Nations.*

July:*Nations was arrested after deputies say he hid in the stall of a women’s restroom at a Rickers gas station on U.S. 31 and was caught peeping and pleasuring*himself. Court documents show he made bail for those charges but skipped his court appearance. A warrant was issued for his arrest.December:*Nations was sentenced to several weeks in jail on a domestic violence charge in Morgan County. He served his sentence from December 15, 2015, through January 27, 2016."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-the-murders-of-libby-abby-in-delphi?page=2

"2016

April:*Nations was arrested in Greenwood for driving on a suspended license. Court documents show police also found what appeared to be marijuana inside his vehicle. Again, he skipped town.August:*Nations*was arrested again for driving on a suspended license in Hendricks County.November:*Nations was charged with possession of marijuana.December:*Nations’ landlord filed an eviction petition in Wayne Township small claims court."

Thanks for posting that; really informative. Just some notes taken from those 3 pages:

1. Technically, he had a warrant out NOT for simple "failure to register" in IN (because he WAS in the IN system), but for moving to a new residence (CO) without telling officials his new address. In the list of 5 items listed on page two, the infraction is bolded:

"You commit a felony if you knowingly or intentionally: (5) do not reside at your registered address."

That answers my earlier confusion.

2. It's interesting to note that his wife files for divorce in April 2017. But on Apr 10, DN calls in to report his 'new' address as being at the InTowne Suites Motel, and then Apr 12, goes in person to sign documentation and leave thumbprint on pages asserting that is his new address.

That SAME day (April 12) is also when he and wife KN leave the motel for their [eventual? in May?] move to CO (also according to affidavit and manager's statement).

3. On July 17, 2017 the BG sketch is released; a DAY later, on Jul 18, 2017, Sgt Pfifer (of this affidavit) opens his investigation into why this guy is NOT at the address he's listed (the motel).

They were hot on his heels without knowing it, perhaps. (IF this is the guy...).

Quoting my own post to correct:

It appears they moved out on May 12, not April 12 - at least from the affidavit. I thought I'd gotten the Apr 12 move date from heavy.com or patch.com but can't find that April date now, so must've taken my notes incorrectly. Sorry for the confusion!

New poster here:

Like a lot of people on here, I was first offput by DN's age and appearance.. after hearing the voice and seeing the picture on the bridge I was convinced he was a man 10-15 years older, with a much stockier build (although someone here posted a report of his weight fluctuating 20 lbs or so)... on top of that, he seems to dress like a young man, not like BG, which I found a bit odd... but this of course are all just ideas, we can't deny the uncanny resemblance, the fact that he can be placed in Indiana around the time of the murders, has a history of violence and sexual misconduct, has an affinity for trails, and conveniently left the state a few months after the murders.

It seems the audio was released pretty early on, can anyone think of anything significant that happened in May that could have prompted him to leave (IF he the guy after all)?

I am dying to hear a recording of DN's voice, as well.

I am curious to see photos of him in Feb 2017. Did he have long hair? Seems he keeps it short but he's got a good head of hair, I can imagine it grows fast pretty easily.

Btw
The blurry areas on the jeans are compressed artifacts, decompressed pixels from the video made into a still shot.

I find it interesting that he seemed intent on avoiding contact with LE around the time they were contacting RSOs by providing an address that seems he never did live at. Is this just another strange coinkydink?

Except that he did live at that address, according to the manager, until May 12. So, LE knew his current address until then, three months after the murders. He even called LE to report his change of address and then registered his change of address in person on April 12. So, he didn't seem to be avoiding contact at that time.

He lived in Greenwood. Daaey on here called the FBI after seeing his mug but Co alerted the FBI too I understand because of the plates and the outstanding warrant.
I assume local media picked it up from the arrest sheet issued by LE.
Thank-you for this. I didn't know he had been sent in as a tip PRIOR to his arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici