IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nations posted on Facebook that he had served in the Marines. I'm betting that is a lie and he tells lots of lies.

i’m wondering what similarities between the cases they’re suggesting...

if it’s not him, i’ll be a little shocked but i’m just so hesitant that this actually is him!

This may be a stupid question but does LE share their details with all LE agencies? Idk how to word it but how does CO know their are similarities to the Delphi murders? How does the sherrif spokeswoman know enough to make that statement? It seems like IN LE has been so tight lipped so I'm surprised other LE can determine the cases are similar. Apologies if I am missing something.

They may be publicly tight lipped, but where it is appropriate law enforcement will share information. We are on the outside; law enforcement is on the inside.

In response to hockeymom- the location of the firearm has baffled me- I talked to my SO (who is a LEO and I'm sure is tired of me picking his brain over this case- I wake him up when I find something on websleuths I want to run by him) (and I'm a deputy district attorney so I've dealt with many firearm cases) - we've heard a lot of stuff but both of us are irked by wife's claim she got the gun after the car break in yet the firearm was kept in the trunk .... if someone got it for protection it would be kept where readily accessible. Sounds like a load of crap in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering how RL fits into this. I think another poster, upstream, thought RL may have let DN and his family stay on his property. Maybe DN did some work for RL?

Speculating.

MVHO.

Maybe RL was jailed for his protection? This Nations guy seems rather unhinged. IMO

Idk don't you think RL would have mentioned that in order to get himself out of suspicion? I feel like RL was truly just an unlucky guy in this situation. Yeah he may have broken the law by drinking but my gut tells me he doesn't even know this guy and he was thrown in jail to set an example.

I'm not sure. If I am understanding the "sequence of events" correctly, DN was not a suspect at that time. I've watched two or three interviews conducted with RL, and IIRC, at no time was he asked if anyone was staying with him or working his property.

I could be totally wrong, of course.

Not to be a broken record...but still curious how LE cleared all those sex offenders and others they interviewed way back when. I do not believe they could all have had verifiable alibis. So how was LE clearing them? The image was so blurry as to be almost useless, except maybe to rule out African Amercian men.

Maybe RL was jailed for his protection? This Nations guy seems rather unhinged. IMO

RL was always headed to jail. And he had cause to fear almost anyone in town, it seems, since some still seem to be looking at him as the perp. Jmo

Not to be a broken record...but still curious how LE cleared all those sex offenders and others they interviewed way back when. I do not believe they could all have had verifiable alibis. So how was LE clearing them? The image was so blurry as to be almost useless, except maybe to rule out African Amercian men.

I do think many were probably eliminated because of physical characteristics such as race and perhaps age or size. I'm assuming LE prioritized their list and started with offenders who were violent or preyed on young teens. We don't have evidence that DN targeted teens or was violent, plus he lived over an hour away....he might have been on a list to check, but not top of the list, ykwim?

Of course, I have no idea what LE procedures are.

jmopinion

Edited to add: we don't know DN was violent with his sex offenses. We know he was charged with domestic violence, but his sex offenses were for indecent exposure. jmo

DN is clean shaven and has a close cropped haircut in the mugshot taken after the murders. I hope "acquaintances" can share what he looked like just before the murders.
https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

At around the 3.27 mark they show a mugshot of DN taken 10 days after the murders of Libby and Abby. He looks a lot fuller in the face compared to some of his other mugshots, which to me would suggest his body weight might also have been more than at other points in time. It also popped into my head about the possibility of steroid use and the anger issues that might lead to.

I don't know that I've ever heard of LE putting someone in jail for their protection. It would seem to me that if the law hadn't been broken, there would have been no need for an arrest and conviction. So, while I think that the landowner had nothing to do with the killing or hiding the bodies of Abby and Libby, I think his arrest was justified for the alcoholism.

I do think many were probably eliminated because of physical characteristics such as race and perhaps age or size. I'm assuming LE prioritized their list and started with offenders who were violent or preyed on young teens. We don't have evidence that DN targeted teens or was violent, plus he lived over an hour away....he might have been on a list to check, but not top of the list, ykwim?

Of course, I have no idea what LE procedures are.

jmopinion

Edited to add: we don't know DN was violent with his sex offenses. We know he was charged with domestic violence, but his sex offenses were for indecent exposure. jmo

Wondering if they cleared RSO's in Carroll Co. only? Or Lafayette area? There are so, so many between Delphi and Greenwood. I wonder how far of a circle they included?

MOO

After that 'beating' the landowner took, I hope this man isn't being done the same way. If he is the perp, the evidence will show that. Until then, we wait.

Did someone post earlier his father died in prison serving time on sex offense? Also brother sex offender? Any idea where DN grew up at?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

After that 'beating' the landowner took, I hope this man isn't being done the same way. If he is the perp, the evidence will show that. Until then, we wait.

True. Need to remember that.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members