IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
This info was on the last thread (I think), but bringing it up again as I'm searching for WHY he was in jail after the Delphi murders in Feb for a short stint.

His sex offender conviction in SC was for exposure, and it looks like he was doing the same thing in IN:

http://wishtv.com/2017/09/27/invest...ble-homicide-made-aware-of-colorado-arrestee/

"Online court records indicate he agreed to plead guilty to domestic battery committed in the presence of a child in 2016 in Morgan County.

Also in 2016, he took a plea for public indecency in Bartholomew County.

Nations also has a warrant out for his arrest in Marion County on drug and vehicle-related charges."

I'm still unsure why he was in jail in February.

jmo

I’m reading through his Indiana online criminal case files (which apparently aren’t the same as arrest records) and the last Indiana charges before that booking were the drug, paraphernalia & operating a vehicle without a license. He was present for a hearing on that case on 2/23/17. If they took him into custody I can’t tell by the case lingo.

https://mycase.in.gov/CaseDetail.as...aringID=348954148&SingleViewMode=PartyPresent

I'm genuinely curious what your doubts are!

<modsnip>

I'm...sad? Unsettled? I don't know...As badly as we all want this case resolved, and we certainly want justice for Abby & Libby, and to see the monster who took their lives destroyed forever, and kept from harming any other human being, ever again... Should we really "pray" and " cross our fingers" that THIS man is that monster? Are his children unimportant? As poor an example as a human being, as this man seems to be, I pray and cross my fingers that he is not a murderer. Because I feel for his family and his children. (Shoot me.) I want the real killer caught, and put away, but I am unwilling to "pray that he is "the killer". This "development is starting to hurt my heart and faith that people want the truth and not just "someone to blame".

The former boss also told the news station that Nations had been working in Zionsville, about an hour from Delphi, for a construction company, and loved being in the woods.
http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

"A Facebook post by his wife shows that they moved to Colorado in May to &#8220;start over.&#8221;

So, if she was aware he was BG would she post their location? Unless maybe a cry for help? Idk..she did say she was "embarrassed"...

"Nations had previously lived in a long-term hotel in Greenwood, Indiana,*WLFI-TV reports.*Before that, he lived in a farmhouse in Martinsville that was owned by his boss, according to the news station."

O/T, another case with a "farmhouse".

They may be publicly tight lipped, but where it is appropriate law enforcement will share information. We are on the outside; law enforcement is on the inside.

Obviously. But how does a LEA in CO know the details of a tight lipped murder in IN? Does my local LEA know the details? That's more of what I was asking.

About the jacket seen in the Fox59 video here: http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-...in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

I noticed something, on the right arm (jacket is facing down) there is a white spot. Could this be the "watch" we have all speculated about on BG's right arm??

Another is where I circled in green. It looks like a light colored string or something. Could that be the "bag handle" we speculated about??

I know it looks like a little different color blue jacket but that could be attributed to lighting.

Just thoughts, nothing more.
579187083f3082adfabf275d0564f56c.jpg

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

“"It is still in the preliminary stage, but we are putting a lot of resources into checking out this possible connection,” Leazenby told the Herald-Journal. “There have been some similarities brought to our attention, but I cannot speak of the details. The local FBI office in Lafayette has been in contact with FBI field agents in Colorado and they are looking into the case as we speak.

“I was in Colorado last week for sheriff training and I was given the opportunity to present info about the case. I don’t know if that helped in this coincidence, but it makes you think. When I heard the news, I was like ‘wow, I was just in Colorado.’ You just never know where the next lead will come from or take you,” Leazenby told the newspaper."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

i&#8217;m wondering what similarities between the cases they&#8217;re suggesting...

if it&#8217;s not him, i&#8217;ll be a little shocked but i&#8217;m just so hesitant that this actually is him!

IMO
-The mountain biker he may have killed in CO was murdered on a mountain trail like Abigail and Libby.
-He has allegedly threatened and chased people with an axe. (The cause of death for Abigail and Libby hasn't been released. They may have been attacked with an axe.)
-The mountain biker victim's body was hidden under leaves and branches. (Remember that the first searchers looking for Abigail and Libby couldn't find them. The next morning, they were located in an area that was previously searched, so they might have been hidden under leaves like the CO victim.)

It doesn't seem implausible on the surface; it would be useful for having around a camp for various kinds of varmints, both rodent and human. If she was carrying it in the trunk, she wasn't intending to get to it quickly.
.22 is also good for rabbits and small game for food. If the going got really tough he could still feed the family.

&#8220;"It&#8217;s so hard emotionally if you allow yourself to get wrapped up in it, even though I&#8217;m sitting here with my fingers crossed that this is the person,&#8221; Becky Patty, Liberty&#8217;s grandmother,*told CBS Denver.*Patty said Nations&#8217; mugshot bears a striking resemblance to the sketch of the Delphi suspect. &#8220;My first reaction at a quick glance was &#8216;Well, the eyes are a little wide,&#8217; but once I was given the pics side-by-side with the sketch &#8230; there&#8217;s a lot of similarities.&#8221;

She told the news station, &#8220;We will not stop any of that until law enforcement says we have him.&#8221;"

It doesn't seem implausible on the surface; it would be useful for having around a camp for various kinds of varmints, both rodent and human. If she was carrying it in the trunk, she wasn't intending to get to it quickly.
The ATF and FBI will be all over this. I used to sell guns. They will be tracing the history of that gun back to its manufacture. She never should have been sold that gun. Somebody is in for a world of hurt over it.

I don't think they would check a radius as big as that - there would be so many RSOs it'd be next to useless. That's 30,000+ square miles, going 100 miles out from Delphi. And if you are going 100 miles to Greenwood, you're almost right in Chicago in the other direction. It would be tens of thousands of people. Not feasible.

After that 'beating' the landowner took, I hope this man isn't being done the same way. If he is the perp, the evidence will show that. Until then, we wait.

I think the biggest learning I’ve had today as an outsider looking in is how someone could evade LE after this particular case. In the beginning I felt certain there would be an arrest fairly soon. To be comfortable approaching other people on that big bridge; an entire town vigilant. If DN was not involved then at the very least I have a better understanding of the drifter lifestyle and how it can present challenges to LE.

I think I'll wait till they've arrested someone for the murder of Abby & Libby before I weigh in again here again. I hope they catch the SOB. I don't think this is the guy. JMO.

<modsnip>

I'm...sad? Unsettled? I don't know...As badly as we all want this case resolved, and we certainly want justice for Abby & Libby, and to see the monster who took their lives destroyed forever, and kept from harming any other human being, ever again... Should we really "pray" and " cross our fingers" that THIS man is that monster? Are his children unimportant? As poor an example as a human being, as this man seems to be, I pray and cross my fingers that he is not a murderer. Because I feel for his family and his children. (Shoot me.) I want the real killer caught, and put away, but I am unwilling to "pray that he is "the killer". This "development is starting to hurt my heart and faith that people want the truth and not just "someone to blame".

I hear ya. So it's not as if specific evidence (or lack of evidence) that is causing you to doubt, but rather the gleeful atmosphere surrounding the news that he might be the perp. Do I have that right?

I totally get it and respect it.

I recall one of my first cases here, I was appalled at how eager WSers were to get info on a perp, once he was named. I even chided people about it (and they chided me right back). Now I'm one of those people looking for more info.

My particular interest in cases is mostly about HOW and WHY a crime was committed. I try not to think too much beyond that scope or it's just too much sadness. I like to think of a case like a puzzle....and it is rewarding when a piece fits and the puzzle is complete.

Thanks for answering.

This may be a stupid question but does LE share their details with all LE agencies? Idk how to word it but how does CO know their are similarities to the Delphi murders? How does the sherrif spokeswoman know enough to make that statement? It seems like IN LE has been so tight lipped so I'm surprised other LE can determine the cases are similar. Apologies if I am missing something.
It looks from here like they do once they know there is a connection between cases or individuals. The problem seems to be that there is no central database that they can all link to for basic information on their neighbors. Each state is operating in a vacuum and guys like BG are able to skate through fairly easily apparently...

Obviously. But how does a LEA in CO know the details of a tight lipped murder in IN? Does my local LEA know the details? That's more of what I was asking.

If your local LEA recognized a person they arrested as a possible match for a BLO sketch, and called the Delphi LE with the information, they probably would learn enough to know whether they could eliminate their suspect or if it required further investigation.

That appears to be the state that we're in right now. There are similarities and no ruleouts yet. We'll see.

Wow that is a dead ringer, and just 10 days later.

I can't believe how different this guy looks in each photo. I know people can be like that, there are people who can look a lot more or less attractive on different days. It seems his hair, facial and hairstyle, weight, clothing and the angle and lighting of photos all make a major difference to his appearance. I imagine these are difficult faces to sketch and get a good likeness. The sketch looks a lot more handsome than any photo. I would say DN's features definitely have a look of being NQR. If this is the guy, the sob story about his "challenges" will be long and detailed. Won't be surprised if he gets a FAS diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge