IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
A former employer told Fox 59 that Nations often carried around a machete, and once threatened her and her family with it when he was living with her and working on their farm in 2015.

“At first he seemed like he was a decent guy, said he was ex-military. But the more I got to know him the more I realized he wasn’t as decent as we thought he was,” Suella Ferrand told the news station.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

Machete...the list of weapons are adding up.

To be a fly in that interview room right now....[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um . . . it's been 15 years or so since Indiana's license plates were organized by county prefixes.

Nowadays, there's a little sticker in the lower right-hand corner of the plate, and it'll say "32" or "79" (for Hendricks or Tippecanoe County). Or "41" (Johnson) or "55" (Morgan).

Welcome SwiftandCertain :) Thanks for the info.

:welcome4:

http://www.wthr.com/article/former-...view-is-critical-job-for-delphi-investigators

"And back in Indiana, after a disagreement on a farm where he worked, "all of a sudden some pigs came up slaughtered," Hunter said."
"(Police will) listen to what he says and record him," Crawford said. “There's going to be a voice or speech analysis done on this at some point in time, so they want to get his recorded voice on anything."

Also from the above link:

"As for the mood of investigators as they headed to Colorado, an ISP spokesman said they're keeping their emotions in check and just doing the job they have to do."

Keep checking in for news....impatient. Anxious for those investigators that are grilling him. Downright jittery for the families of those beautiful girls.

I assumed the machete and the hatchet were the same thing just called different names by different people

Hmmm...might be a mistake for them to say machete in the article if it is infact the hatchet, because a machete and a hatchet are 2 totally different things. A machete is more like a sword and a hatchet is more like an ax, moo.

Hmmm...might be a mistake for them to say machete in the article if it is infact the hatchet, because a machete and a hatchet are 2 totally different things. A machete is more like a sword and a hatchet is more like an ax, moo.

That, and people who work on farms and in wooded areas know the difference between the two tools.

I agree completely, MO is that it's an example of sloppy journalism, but that being said none of us have actually seen a picture of this axe, hatchet, machete.

Reposting for future reference to quote if not already done, still catching up:

Former prosecutor says Nations interview is 'critical job' for Delphi investigators
http://www.wthr.com/article/former-...view-is-critical-job-for-delphi-investigators

Thanks for bringing this forward. I was just asking myself many of the same questions. There are many pieces the investigators have to put together. How long has he had that red car? It must have been in good enough condition to get him from Indianapolis area to the Monument, CO area. He was still driving it around in the days after the mountain biker went missing on the trails near Mt Herman. That's how he was identified - the friends searching for Timothy Watkins became suspicious when he kept driving past their group. Someone took a photo of the car and license plate.

The article at your link also states his wife/significant other had been working at Taco Bell, so they likely had some money for gas and car repairs.

Am I overstretching by finding this the most encouraging thing yet? LE talking about having to ‘ keep their emotions in check’....... they know this is BG and are as overwhelmed as the rest of us....

Welcome SwiftandCertain :) Thanks for the info.

:welcome4:

Also from the above link:

"As for the mood of investigators as they headed to Colorado, an ISP spokesman said they're keeping their emotions in check and just doing the job they have to do."

That, and people who work on farms and in wooded areas know the difference between the two tools.

also it was a reporters description not a quote..
it's like the game whisper in someone's ear and see what the last person says.

BBM

Fiskars sells a Machete Ax. Who knew? I didn’t but Google did.

attachment.php

• 18 inch blade is ideal for clearing thick brush, chopping roots, cutting branches and palms and more in your yard and garden
  • Axe-like blade head provides powerful, controlled chopping and splitting
  • Blade curve offers pull-cutting great for removing suckers and clearing vines
  • Includes nylon carrying sheath
  • Lifetime warranty
https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-29-Inch-Machete-Axe/dp/B019EXCS2Q

Attachments

• 8E0EA4CF-2BCC-47F2-9532-D7B4A0098712.jpeg
    8E0EA4CF-2BCC-47F2-9532-D7B4A0098712.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 459

I got the impression the person being interviewed said machete, not the writer. I don't put too much stock in this.

BBM

Fiskars sells a Machete Ax. Who knew? I didn’t but Google did.

attachment.php

• 18 inch blade is ideal for clearing thick brush, chopping roots, cutting branches and palms and more in your yard and garden
  • Axe-like blade head provides powerful, controlled chopping and splitting
  • Blade curve offers pull-cutting great for removing suckers and clearing vines
  • Includes nylon carrying sheath
  • Lifetime warranty
https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-29-Inch-Machete-Axe/dp/B019EXCS2Q

I also just learned that a hand ax and a hatchet are 2 different things not to be confused with a regular ax.

I assumed the machete and the hatchet were the same thing just called different names by different people

I agree completely, MO is that it's an example of sloppy journalism, but that being said none of us have actually seen a picture of this axe, hatchet, machete.

BBM to agree

From the actual interview at the Fox59 link below it is apparent that this was bad/inaccurate reporting on the part of Heavy.com. They source the Fox59 interview but misidentify the weapon/tool as a machete when Fox clearly states hatchet.

Ferrand and her family say once their relationship with him went south, Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-...in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

A former employer told Fox 59 that Nations often carried around a machete, and once threatened her and her family with it when he was living with her and working on their farm in 2015.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

Have any articles stated that the FBI were also in Colorado interviewing DN?

I think I remember IN LE saying FBI in CO were interviewing him and they were in contact with IN FBI but at the time IN FBI hadn't gone there.

I'm fairly convinced that DN is BG but still questioning the motive for the girls' murder. Was it a thrill kill? Sexually-motivated? Did he get angry at the girls for some real/imagined reason? Other? Sounds like LE believe there are similarities with the cyclist's murder in CO, yet the victims are so different (adult man versus two teen girls) so I'm curious what the similarities would be...maybe manner of death, something left behind, or the way the body/bodies were positioned/buried etc...

Thrill kill? Rage against the world? What was the motive of that Kohlepp monster? I don't think it matters. It matters that there's evidence. That's it, IMO.

I have a very strong intuition about this case currently. Too many details are adding up IMO. It makes sense that IN LE did not reveal cause of death because they hoped BG would reveal the weapon again somewhere, some time. After the suspects sketch was released, I would strongly believe that any perp would want to get far, far away. Familial/marital troubles causing regression and a greater likelihood of making a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname