IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
The resemblance is absolutely chilling. I will be very surprised if he is ruled out.

Totally agree! When I first saw him I thought it was an interesting resemblance, but then I saw the pics of him at a heavier weight. Wow.

I think I remember IN LE saying FBI in CO were interviewing him and they were in contact with IN FBI but at the time IN FBI hadn't gone there.

This is what I remember too, ISP said they wouldn't send IN FBI unless the situation was warranted.

For those wondering how DN would have ended up stalking the girls on the Monon Trail in Delphi, this article from yesterday quotes the man who once let Nations & family live in one of his rentals:

Hamilton recalled that Nations was working for a Zionsville construction company north of Indianapolis and framed houses in that area.

"He'd be working up in that area," Hamilton said, speculating on the news accounts that police wanted to talk with Nations about the Delphi killings. "It's just a hop, skip and jump to Delphi."

More accurately, it's about an hour and 10 minutes from Delphi to Zionsville.

I am confused though ( happens easily) doesn't LE match the driver's license with the registration? If he had handed over a fake ID wouldn't that have shown a mismatch between the two? prompting questions about why someone with a different name was driving a car registered to someone else. Obviously he couldn't give his own license because it was suspended and he had 3 outstanding warrants from the state of Indiana ( something he clearly didn't want Colorado police to know) If KN was driving why did DN have to show ID at all? Is it common for police to request ID from all adults in the car? This encounter is important because of the pain and suffering DN may have caused later in the Colorado Springs area which at the very least included chasing people with a hatchet.

In the U.S. Court of Appeals case Stufflebeam v. Harris, the court concluded that an officer can request ID from a passenger. If the officer has no reason to question the passenger regarding any sort of investigation, the passenger is not required to provide identification.

The officer pulled them over for a busted light, but there were two investigations in that specific area about a man who had threatened people with a hatchet and the murder of Tim Watkins. The officer had every right to ask DN for identification.

In the U.S. Court of Appeals case Stufflebeam v. Harris, the court concluded that an officer can request ID from a passenger. If the officer has no reason to question the passenger regarding any sort of investigation, the passenger is not required to provide identification.

The officer pulled them over for a busted light, but there was an investigation in that specific area on a man who had threatened people with a hatchet and had murdered Tim Watkins. The officer had every right to ask DN for identification.

Actually, I am referring to the charge against DN from earlier in the summer in Georgetown, Colorado. DN was charged with providing false identification and I was speculating about the circumstances in that case... seems like the officer did ask for ID and DN gave a fake one, but we have no idea if he was in a car or a bar or somewhere else altogether.

Thrill kill? Rage against the world? What was the motive of that Kohlepp monster? I don't think it matters. It matters that there's evidence. That's it, IMO.

I'm getting the feeling with him (if he's BG) that it's just been a long slow burn that finally really ignited. Habitual traffic offender, habitually exposing himself, eventual domestic batterer, habitually blowing off court dates. His marriage breaks up, he has no where to go, and his criminal inclinations escalate to murder... right then and there. Maybe he was talking to the girls, giving them his sob story, as it seems he does, habitually, and they are creeped out and try to politely brush him off and he takes offense. And that's literally all it took. He was a powder keg, and he blew. Doesn't really feel bad about it either, it wasn't his fault!

The fact that the woman in that prior article said he was called 'Depressing Daniel' says a lot to me. I can almost see him, head down, shuffling along, woe is Daniel, can't ever get a break, the world just screws him over again and again. None of this is Depressing Daniels fault. No one can look past his bad deeds and see that they don't define him. No one will listen, no one will give him a helping hand. The man is always keeping him down.

IMO JMO MOO and any other 'Opinion' abbreviations you can think of.

ETA- actually, I get this feeling with him even if he's NOT BG.

Early in the investigation there was:

1) No pictures of LE pouring for tire tracks.
2) No mention by LE of particular vehicles of interest.
3) Mention by LE of BG possibly having a pack although it's not obvious in bridge photo.
4) Mention by LE of possible hitch-hiking mode of transportation.
5) pictures of BG overdressed compared to girls.
IMO LE may have found evidence of a campsite but has been unsure as to whether it was related to the murders.
It snowed on February 9th and there is drone footage on Feb 11th showing snow and bare trees. It would be tough to be camping without a tent.
If BG was transient during February, how did he eat and stay dry? Was he squatting?

With regards to #3, just wanted to add "duffle bag", as well as mention of "Hoosier Heartland Highway" specifically.

With regards to #3, just wanted to add "duffle bag", as well as mention of "Hoosier Heartland Highway" specifically.

I was pretty much on the fence as to whether DN was BG until I saw that duffle bag in the picture. Now I would be more surprised to learn he was ruled out than to hear he was charged.

Is that shorthand for Dishonorable Discharge? It might be useful if someone actually knows what his job was in the Marine Corps, and what his discharge type was.

Oh this is a great question. What was his job in the Marine Corps?

Also, before I forget, I haven't seen the answer to a question yet but I'm still catching up so sorry if I just haven't seen it, when was the squatter(s) chased off from RL's outbuildings/property? Tia. Also, way back in the early days we had discussed what type of livestock RL has. Just want to verify there are no reports of pigs specifically, right? Tia. There is that pig farm close by though, in addition to the Packing Plant.

For those wondering how DN would have ended up stalking the girls on the Monon Trail in Delphi, this article from yesterday quotes the man who once let Nations & family live in one of his rentals:

"Zionsville construction company north of Indianapolis and framed houses in that area."

Bingo...this is what I've been expecting see under possible occupations of BG. Again, comfortability on that bridge. We discussed this kind of thing several times.

Jumping off this Zionsville aspect, sometimes if a killer is on a spree there will be another crime closely preceding another. Soooo, based on this location, etc, I think we should look at crime reports during that time near Zionsvillethat might not have stood out before, but that might stand out now. There might even be some stuff posted in the early threads because I as well as other posters usually look at this as one of the first things in a case, crime maps, etc... (for example, fires, vehicle thefts, etc.)

Wait a minute, fires....holy crap, what about the FIRE that killed the 4 girls? Have we discussed this yet in relation to DN? What would the distance be? It's Kokomo right, if I'm remembering correctly?

Unless RL has been working with them all along regarding this angle. Just because he's imprisoned on an unrelated charge doesn't mean he wouldn't be a decent enough person to tell all he knows about a possible murderer camping out on his property.

RL always seemed genuinely grieved about what happened to the girls. I don't think he would keep anything from LE, and if he knew anything at all that would assist them, I believe he would have done so a long time ago.

Imo, if DN was there on his property he did not know anything about it, and if he saw outbuildings where he thought someone could have been trespassing on his private property, I think he would have alerted LE to that fact immediately.

I don't think he knew DN at all nor had ever seen him before. If he had he would have told the police. I don't think he would trust a drifter he didn't know either since he is elderly and the elderly have to be very careful who they let work for them. Plus he said his own grandchildren play on his property.

Didn't he call the police one time when someone was on his property without his permission? I thought I remember reading something about that. If so, it shows he is very particular about someone coming on his property without his permission, and I don't see any evidence he let DN come there to stay or work. He would have no reason to keep this from the police. If he knew anything that would have helped them I totally believe he would have told them everything instead of letting a double murderer roam free.

Thrill kill? Rage against the world? What was the motive of that Kohlepp monster? I don't think it matters. It matters that there's evidence. That's it, IMO.

Evidence indeed! Thats all that matters.

If he's the guy I think there will be evidence, I think, and hope.

Additionally, forensic tool marking might really come into play, as hard as this is to type.

Tool Mark Impressions
https://www.forensicmag.com/article/2010/02/tool-mark-impressions

Actually, when in shock or nervous sometimes people laugh inappropriately. My neighbors niece, in Seattle, took a shortcut home one day, came across a homeless person who broke a booze bottle and killed her with it. He said it was because she laughed at him.

... when was the squatter(s) chased off from RL's outbuildings/property? ...
<rsbm>

This is the entry made April 26, 2014, 9:49 pm:
Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated.

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

IIRC, there was another entry for that addy regarding a woman yelling .. will try to find it.

Several acquaintances of DN have been interviewed local indy news, on different stations.

One thing that stood out to me is that some of those who knew him while he lived here in Indiana said he was known by the name "Hatchet Man."

Now IF it does turn out that he is the murderer of the girls and IF a hatchet was involved in their murder I am wondering if LE had mentioned the hatchet along with BG photo, would that have caused these acquaintances to think of DN?

After all, if he was known as "Hatchet Man" and LE included the word "hatchet" would he have been caught sooner? How many men are known to carry a hatchet?

Jumping off this Zionsville aspect, sometimes if a killer is on a spree there will be another crime closely preceding another. Soooo, based on this location, etc, I think we should look at crime reports during that time near Zionsvillethat might not have stood out before, but that might stand out now. There might even be some stuff posted in the early threads because I as well as other posters usually look at this as one of the first things in a case, crime maps, etc... (for example, fires, vehicle thefts, etc.)

Wait a minute, fires....holy crap, what about the FIRE that killed the 4 girls? Have we discussed this yet in relation to DN? What would the distance be? It's Kokomo right, if I'm remembering correctly?
No, it was Flora. 9 miles from Delphi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member