IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was Flora. 9 miles from Delphi.

Thanks Imno.

So, I'd like to see what Delphi, Flora, Martinsville (whatever the name is, going to back to check, something like that), and Zionsville look like on a map together. What kind of shape do the points make? Line, triangle, square...What are the exact distances, routes, etc...

And which Taco Bell I wonder. I wonder in case DN dropped her off or ever picked her up from work.

Thanks for the info. I have heard from most people that they think BG is left handed due to the positioning of the possible gun underneath his jacket in the bridge photos. I was just curious if anyone else had posted or commented about DN's dominant hand.

Re woman yelling Aug 7 2010:

Aug. 7, 11:53 a.m. – False reporting, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Responded to a report of a woman standing in the middle of the road yelling, “Call the police!” Unable to locate anyone. Additional followup is being conducted. Kingery investigated

I agree with all you've said!Since learning of DN, and his alleged homelessness in IN, I've wondered if he ever took shelter in the silo on RL's property.

Thanks for the info. I have heard from most people that they think BG is left handed due to the positioning of the possible gun underneath his jacket in the bridge photos. I was just curious if anyone else had posted or commented about DN's dominant hand.

Yes, we have, early on and just recently. Its interesting, we (well Falling Down) just noted that due to the possibility of a gun being in a RIGHT side leg holster in a recent booking type pic, this could indicate right hand dominance...while now that you mention it, we also speculated previously on a possibly LEFT hand dominance since the possible gun under his jacket in the bridge pic is seen on his right side....soooo hmmmmm...ambidextrous? Or had weapons on both sides?

Several acquaintances of DN have been interviewed local indy news, on different stations.

One thing that stood out to me is that some of those who knew him while he lived here in Indiana said he was known by the name "Hatchet Man."

Now IF it does turn out that he is the murderer of the girls and IF a hatchet was involved in their murder I am wondering if LE had mentioned the hatchet along with BG photo, would that have caused these acquaintances to think of DN?

After all, if he was known as "Hatchet Man" and LE included the word "hatchet" would he have been caught sooner? How many men are known to carry a hatchet?

Right?! Unbelievable...

Um . . . it's been 15 years or so since Indiana's license plates were organized by county prefixes.

Nowadays, there's a little sticker in the lower right-hand corner of the plate, and it'll say "32" or "79" (for Hendricks or Tippecanoe County). Or "41" (Johnson) or "55" (Morgan).

"'From 1963 through 2008, the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles issued standard passenger plates bearing a one- or two-digit prefix identifying the county in which the vehicle was registered." Yea, nevermind! Thanks!

We've seen pictures from former landlords and employers of trees DN allegedly hacked with his hatchet. Does anyone think he could've hacked at trees near either of the murder scenes? Just wondering if that could be one of the "similarities".

Colorado hatchet suspect has 'zero-tolerance temper,' landlord said

Hamilton rented a house at 2999 E. Morgan St. to Nations and his family. What he saw in Nations alarmed him, and now Indiana police want to question Nations about the Feb. 13 killings in Delphi of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams

"He's a damn nut, I’ll tell you that,” Hamilton said. "He's the weirdest person I’ve met in my life.

"He had a zero-tolerance temper."

And when his temper went off, it was dangerous to be around, he said.

"He chopped trees and a chair with a hatchet,” Hamilton said of one of Nations' fits of anger.

So he did check in with the Morgan Co Sheriff on February 7 and 14, which were Tuesdays. All week I've been pondering what could've brought DN to Delphi. His confirmed check-in dates change things up now.

I have run all kinds of scenarios through my head many of them don't work now because of his documented presence in Morgan County on the 7th and 14th.

I've eliminated any kind of structured work with a regular schedule (Packers plant or construction at Purdue/Lafayette was going on last winter). Drug screen required, ID and SS# for taxes, possibly a background check. And he would've had to pull off the weekday absence to travel to Morgan Co on Tuesday 2/7 to check-in. Unless he called off. But then he would've been absent again Monday 2/13. Unless he was working a 6AM -2 PM construction shift. Either way, he disappeared after 2/13. One would think given the local murders and his immediate disappearance that would be a red flag to co-workers and/or employer, in which case they'd be able to ID him to LE.

I've very difficult to envision him being unemployed, homeless and drawn to staying outdoors near Delphi. That area has some locally known recreational lakes and county parks, but mostly it's vast flat farmland with small towns. Not really known as 'the great outdoors' of Indiana. If that's what he wanted, Hoosier National Forest in southern Indiana would seem more of a draw for him. Two locations, HNF has massive hills, thick forests, rugged terrain. Depending on which one he went to, he could be 40 miles or 70 miles due south of Morgan County. Versus traveling 100 miles north to Delphi area. Unless something has happened with him in/near HNF and it was too risky for him to go back.

So why Delphi?
Did he somehow land at RL's place doing odd jobs? If the Martinsville farmer/employer didn't know his background maybe RL didn't either. Maybe he lied and told RL he had visitation with his child on Tuesdays, RL bought it and loaned him a vehicle for the day, which he used to make the trip to Morgan Co. on the 7th. The week goes on, marital stresses were building up, nicer day on the 13th, RL is in Lafayette, DN walked across the road to the trails to do his favorite thing (exposing himself), girls were a chance encounter, the switch was tripped. Then he got out of dodge in time to check-in on the 14th. This could explain LE being all over RL's buildings, RL's "in your own house" comment and towing of RL's truck?

The only other scenario I can come up with to put him in Delphi was that he was deliberately stalking young girls on SM. Logistically it would've been easier to stalk someone closer to Morgan Co given the check-ins, but then if he was planning something, he'd be too close to the scene. So did plan this well in advance and arrange a meeting, the girls innocently thinking they were meeting a boy from SM? (ETA: this would've been a more spontaneous meeting and created a quick trip up to Delphi due to school being off, but SO's have been known to travel distances to meet prey. Then there is the means of getting there, car or hitchhike?)

The above isn't really anything new. To me the verified check-ins on 2/7 & 2/14 create more of a puzzle if anything. If you read all this, thanks for indulging.

For someone who hasn't been on the threads for sometime... does RL's trip that day coincide with where this person went to/lived?

TIA

RL always seemed genuinely grieved about what happened to the girls. I don't think he would keep anything from LE, and if he knew anything at all that would assist them, I believe he would have done so a long time ago.

Imo, if DN was there on his property he did not know anything about it, and if he saw outbuildings where he thought someone could have been trespassing on his private property, I think he would have alerted LE to that fact immediately.

I don't think he knew DN at all nor had ever seen him before. If he had he would have told the police. I don't think he would trust a drifter he didn't know either since he is elderly and the elderly have to be very careful who they let work for them. Plus he said his own grandchildren play on his property.

Didn't he call the police one time when someone was on his property without his permission? I thought I remember reading something about that. If so, it shows he is very particular about someone coming on his property without his permission, and I don't see any evidence he let DN come there to stay or work. He would have no reason to keep this from the police. If he knew anything that would have helped them I totally believe he would have told them everything instead of letting a double murderer roam free.

I'd like to see him get a break on his sentence..

I haven't paid attention to this thread for awhile and my sister told me there was some news so I read all night. I'm cautiously optimistic. I really hope they have found him.

I'm from a small Indiana town that's not far from here so it's just unsettling to have a double homicide of any kind much less teen girls. I hope this is the end of the who did it and we start to learn why although it'll never be enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Keep checking in for news....impatient. Anxious for those investigators that are grilling him. Downright jittery for the families of those beautiful girls.

I just hope when they get there they can get him to talk. Maybe the CO police have been trying to befriend him since he has been being held to keep him calm letting him think everything is going to be okay. He may have no clue the ISP is coming there to interview him. But all he has to do is refuse to talk, and ask for a lawyer, and then its all over.

I am sure though they have already talked with a local Judge there and already obtained a warrant for his DNA. Even if he doesn't talk to them they will have what they need most making the trip very worthwhile.

I hope he is the chatty type who thinks he can outsmart the police though.

IMO

Several acquaintances of DN have been interviewed local indy news, on different stations.

One thing that stood out to me is that some of those who knew him while he lived here in Indiana said he was known by the name "Hatchet Man."

Now IF it does turn out that he is the murderer of the girls and IF a hatchet was involved in their murder I am wondering if LE had mentioned the hatchet along with BG photo, would that have caused these acquaintances to think of DN?

After all, if he was known as "Hatchet Man" and LE included the word "hatchet" would he have been caught sooner? How many men are known to carry a hatchet?

was he even 'tipped' at all?
and if he was it should have been all hands on deck..bolo

And this potential scar...thinuking more about this, if it is a scar it appears quite significant, almost like if the skull or face could have been peeled back...I know probably sounds crazy, just a thought, but maybe he has had a significant head injury. Would like to examine that possible scar more carefully...

I agree with all you've said!Since learning of DN, and his alleged homelessness in IN, I've wondered if he ever took shelter in the silo on RL's property.

Just to keep the record straight, the silo was not on RL's property but on the property across the road.

I was going to say maybe there was a BOLO among LE (if, so they didn't utilize the public on this so as to not potentially scare him off as mentioed) but it just dawned on me unless I'm having a brain far which is entirely possible that they didn't file the failure to comply until just the other day? Is this correct? So he would not have had a warrant out for that specifically? I know he had the failure to appear for the court dates...

I think LE wanted to do 2 things: protect the integrity of the investigation ( prevent false confessions and prevent the killer from discarding the murder weapon) and prevent any more panic than there already was. As someone pointed out the fact that Abby and libby were killed in broad daylight in Delphi was scary enough add to that the possibilities they were killed with an ax/hatchet wielding murderer would have been panic inducing. LE probably also figured the sketch/pic on the bridge of BG was better, because not everyone who knew him would have seen the hatchet.

Just to keep the record straight, the silo was not on RL's property but on the property across the road.

So jumping off this, it goes back to the old discussions that maybe he was staying at a snowbird's property as well...and we didn't hear anyone reporting signs of this, AL though maybe it was submitted/examined and we just don't know about it....and maaaaybe they got DNA from there (blanket, etc)..but then they'd have prints top I'd assume...ow my head...

How do the dates re: DN compare to the second search on RL's property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname