Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate to ask the question if that was the case I wonder if the body would wash ashore at some time?

I remember the Laci Peterson case whereby her body and baby in utero washed ashore some 5 months later.

I was thinking that too... it has happened at beaches before, body turning up weeks later. (Not necessarily just missing persons, but accident victims as well; that were already known to have been swept away.)
And if she's out there, I hope fhe sea will return her soon.
But then... if that happens -- endless speculation of just how did she get out there.... unless there was a gunshot to the head, plus ankles and wrists bound. (Sorry... but would need to be blatantly obvious.) Then at least we could rule-out suicide.

Great get with the number plates. I think these, coupled with her satirical letter to the editor regarding private schools, provide us with a pretty good idea about her attitude towards life in the Eastern suburbs. Plus there's her 'fighting' for the underdog in her letters too.

I do get what you're saying and I do agree the letter to the editor named "bragging rights" was firmly tongue in cheek.

Bragging rights

As a mother of three children at private primary schools, I take offence to your article questioning whether such schools are a waste of money (The Age, 14/7). Among the many benefits I have experienced are my daughters looking simply elegant in their wool blazers, being able to proudly display the private school sticker on the back of my European luxury car, and of course telling everyone who asks (and even those who do not) where my children go to school.

Elisa Curry, Surrey Hills

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the...14-gibqro.html

However this letter below was also published which seems to confirm that the fact that her children were in private school was real, and not just part of the jest of the above:

Cut out the glitz

I send my three children to a private school and would much prefer to see more funds directed to human rather than physical capital. If you want the glitz of a five-star hotel, book one for the holidays. You still get a decent night's sleep at a 3½-star hotel, as long as the service is good.

Elisa Curry, Surrey Hills

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the...426-37axe.html

Oh well, so much for that theory! hahaha
Well, at least we know that she COULD poke fun at her perceived lifestyle, but that she didn't buy into it.
At least I think that's what it means. I have no idea anymore!

It may have. But also:

16 Aireys Street
Aireys Inlet, Vic 3231
3bedrooms 3bathrooms 2parking spaces
$910,000
House, Sold on 29 Dec 2015

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-vic-aireys+inlet-120896621

(Nov 2010 wasn't listed in this history) However:

Property history for 16 Aireys Street

Sold
$910,000 SOLD Dec 2015
Great Ocean Properties - Aireys Inlet
-
$17,500 SOLD Jun 1984
-
N/A SOLD Apr 1983
https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...4ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#history

...it may not have the entire history, though.

btw 1984 $17,500
to... 2015 $910,000
Wowwie.

My sources say it was listed in 2010 for a total of 73 days but there was no sale.
The again in 2015 which are the current owners.

This property has the same owner from 1984 to 2015 and had been advertised for rent a few times in 2009 often people try to rent it out before they sell. This was quite possibly a holiday home held for those years by a family. When Nan/gramps past the kids decided to share the loot maybe?

No offence intended but it’s how it goes.

The sale in 2015 is a “normal sale” so it wasn’t a family title transfer. Family never do a “normal sale” when it comes to inheritance because the stamp duty is a killer and cost tens of thousands. They usually do an exchange with the title- family then don’t pay the stamps!

I cant see enough on my phone but I’ll check it out further on a desktop and if anything of interest comes about I’ll share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I have decided I am going to tell you guys this. I’ve been hum-ing and haa-ing whether I would or not, because I do not want any pressure and am not going to speak with him. He is not going to give me any case info. Nor should he.

I received a response to my complaint about the revealing of an internal police flyer in that video, and how the public should not know about the ‘report of alcoholic’. The response was directly from Insp Seel. He provided with me his phone number, asked for mine, so we could discuss the complaint.

I have replied to him in length, saying I did not want to bring any trouble on him, realised this was probably a huge stuff up by police, and can see that the video has been taken down. I expressed my concern that the children may have to now live with this stigma. And my disappointment that the media have a hold of this info. I also asked him to feel free to forward my response to their complaints area, so they can close the matter.

So if Peter Seel reads here he will know that SouthAussie is the forum name for the identified person who lodged the complaint. But that is neither here nor there. I just want them to find Elisa. And I want this to be as easy as possible for the children.

But I respect that he replied to me directly.

Thank you for sharing SA.

Naw thanks. Appreciated. This sort of thing brings out the strangest things. His family and friends rejected me because in their eyes I should have saved him, stopped him. Someone has to take the blame!
Only thing I was concerned with was his proposal to take me with him. Anywho that’s a long time ago now. Been married for 18 years to a wonderful man and my kids are grown and doing ok, occasionally it shows through but on the whole they are doing great ❤️

Bloody big hug from me *advertiser censored*

I don't think the Aireys house is currently for sale. The domain listing is just a listing for the 'property history'

I found the house on realestate.com but it only shows up as sold.

I will add Elisa also worked in a high paid job (I'm assuming) Pre kids she was a solicitor. DC may have recieved inheritance money (no mention of his parents anywhere)

They lead an impressive lifestyle on one income but it is possible. He would be earning a pretty big wage in his position..

from what I got , for what's it's worth out of her writing stuff, it was a determination to swing in for the underdog be it drug addicts, transgender people, ( no shout out's for boat people, I noticed, or Aboriginal men and women ) .and so on.. poor stay at home mums and all that, casting herself as one of them..... . and it seemed to me that from the lofty financial position she inhabited , the 1 percenters, she was merely being argumentative and 'opposite'. .. writing left wing stuff to right wing papers, and right wing stuff to left wing blogs.. just for the sake of the rumble.
Edited by me for brevity

I agree I got that impression too.

And what's more she seemed to enjoy making her letters to the editor just cryptic enough that not all will understand. There are a couple of examples such as those I posted half an hour ago entitled bragging rights and cut the glitz. Another is the one she sent to the Herald Sun on Saturday

"You should know what you are voting for before you cast your vote,” she purportedly wrote.

“Thank you John Howard for being forthright and honest in what has been a vicious campaign largely run by extremist.

“I love and respect gay people and they deserve better than this,” she said."

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...doorknocking-neighbours-in-elisa-curry-search

Because of the final sentence it could be assumed she was a supporter of same sex marriage. However I did a quick Google and it's clear that what she was thanking John Howard for on Saturday was this:
"Howard has come out strongly for a "no" vote to the extent that he authorised a full-page advertisement, with a very prime ministerial look about it, in last Saturday's*Canberra Times."
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/sames...the-permanent-politician-20171004-gyu5ka.html

So quite the opposite. I find it intriguing the cryptic way she structures her letters.

:seeya: Hi Morrisa. Remember this one this for hon?

Many a phone ping has been the complete undoing of her murderer.

Karen Ristevski, Jill Meagher, Stephanie Scott, Sharon Edwards...to name just a few.
LE holds their trump cards close. Bugger those pings!! :D

Was it Mr Fossil the mobile phone genius (Pistorius case).

Someone posted this link earlier in the thread:
https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/16-aireys-street-aireys-inlet-vic-3231

If you click on the photos, it says that the property was listed in Feb 2017. According to real estate records I can find, the property was last purchased in 5- which means it is still for sale, from the feb listing. It still has a current domain listing.

According to the neighbour, Elisa was at the holiday home every weekend. She loved it there
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final

But the family is selling up. I wonder if an offer has been made on the house? An offer that made her so upset, the neighbour went back to check on her?

it doesn't say it is for sale. it is a record of the sale. it is not for sale

Could Elisa got into someone's car and she's not close to Aireys.

Another scenario.

Sharon & John Edwards were separated with 3 adult children who supposedly didn't know.(?) He lived in one house, she in another.
Sharon was at the local with a male friend, she came home and was met by her husband at her house.

The clothes Sharon was wearing that night were in the laundry and both John's and Sharon's phones pinged up the highway towards John's house.

Sharon was never seen again, John was arrested for the murder of his wife although her body has never been found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...afton-NSW-14-Mar-2015&p=12062036#post12062036

In someone's public work photo, compared to now, they are almost unrecognisable. I thought it was a different person :scared::thinking:

He's definitely thinner BUT the cap changes his face and he hadn't shaved for a few days??

Compared to this photo he definitely looked stressed when addressing the public.

Reply to Sarahjanekate
"So quite the opposite. I find it intriguing the cryptic way she structures her letters."
Yes, it takes some mulling over. I think it's just very sarcastic.

Could Elisa got into someone's car and she's not close to Aireys.

Another scenario.

Sharon & John Edwards were separated with 3 adult children who supposedly didn't know.(?) He lived in one house, she in another.
Sharon was at the local with a male friend, she came home and was met by her husband at her house.

The clothes Sharon was wearing that night were in the laundry and both John's and Sharon's phones pinged up the highway towards John's house.

Sharon was never seen again, John was arrested for the murder of his wife although her body has never been found.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...afton-NSW-14-Mar-2015&p=12062036#post12062036

quite a lot of precedent here in AU, throughout the states for trials and convictions without a body.. Kylie Labouchardiere's still missing body springs to mind. .. and into the sea has the added difficulty of Australia's generally warmer waters, and the problem of whom inhabits those warmer waters.. I think , if it's a sea job it would have been unlikely to be found back last Sunday morning, frankly.. in the northern hemisphere, bodies can hang around a bit..not so here, generally speaking.

Suicide, .. she would know that there would be nothing left of her, in an ocean scenario.. and perhaps that's what appealed to her.. if one gives a nod to that theory which I do not, at this point in time.. possibly never.. IT IS TOO NEAT. too tidy, too swift, too pernickety..... the holiday house, the grand final., the strange dribbles of info, the one and only pic being used, ........

Problems that we know of that Elisa was dealing with at the time of her disappearance;

Depression
Alcoholism
Marital problems
Disagreements with sibling over Mother's inheritance
Placement of holiday home on the market (maybe this last one was the straw that broke the camel's back and the one that tipped her over the edge)?

I also remember reading that husband also took a friend as well as the children to the MCG for the AFL GF. So this means that he had purchased 5 tickets which probably included Elisa going as well as a family outing and maybe Elisa changed her mind and decided not to go, thus explaining why husband took a friend.

For her to be alone at the holiday home at the time of her disappearance, a planned suicide may well have been on her mind.

I have wondered if she is in hiding somehere, as she has done in the past. That would be a miracle. MOO

He just looks so friendly, I can't imagine he would hurt anyone. Just my vibe!

So was Ted Bundy.
Seriously I too agree with you but ya never know what will set someone off the dial.
Kinda off topic but I nearly climbed across a conference table to get into my lying boss's face. I still can't believe my rage as I've never before or never again done anything like that. He never tried that again.

My husband took his life, I don’t find any of these comments personal or offends. The facts are mental health is a huge problem and NO one sufferer is the same, although they have some similar behaviours. I tend to agree they can be unpredictable and scary. Only through instinct did I manage to not be a taken with him. This stuff isn’t personal

Same Wendy I too do not find Troopers posts insensitive in fact quite the opposite. My family have a long lineage of mental illness, fortunately this has never resulted in suicide. So I thank your self and the other poster - I believe "goodwill" giving insight and honesty into areas many of us have never experienced. Unfortunately in my industry (aviation), mental illness is somewhat shoved under the carpet so to speak. Over the years I have known many aviators suffering a form of mental illness.....(in my limited opinion) unfortunately they would never declare their problem in yearly medicals, in fear of loosing their licence or being grounded. One of whom I knew quite well who lost his job then jumped in a crop duster and flew it into a mountain. The more we can be educated about mental illness the better I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX