Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, looking more into it now it seems that Mark Davis teased multiple times about him him on to talk but the show ended at 10am without anything happening. Someone has said he comes back on to fill in for the noon show and might be doing the interview then:

This will be the complete opposite of what I expected if this happens.

They are definitely strange. I'd like to know more about the eating disorder Kent mentioned. It might not necessarily be to do with her weight, I suppose you can have an eating disorder and it not be obvious in your stats. (I'm not familiar with eating disorders so I'm wildly speculating.)

But, I don't believe Dad's story anyway so it's probably BS to try to back up his original BS storyline.
Personally, I think he meant to say feeding disorder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sadly, this case reminds me or Kyron Hormon, and Deorr Kunz. Two BS stories surround their disapperances.
Hide the bodies well and get away with murder. I hope this case is not a repeat of that.

Kyron Horman was the case that brought me to WS [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the name of the preacher known?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I think a church elder was named in one report but I haven't seen the pastor's name myself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bob Morse, 66, who lives a few houses away from Sherin's parents happened to be awake and outside at 4 a.m. Saturday, less than an hour after she reportedly disappeared, lighting his grill so that he could cook a brisket later in the day. "At 4 a.m. in the morning, it was quiet. If a child four houses away cried out, I would hear it," Morse said. "If a car drove by, I would know."

Neighbors are particularly curious about a detail Mathews gave to police in his arrest affidavit -- that he knew coyotes had been seen in the alley. But investigators and volunteers agree that nothing indicates a coyote dragged the girl away. Neighbors say coyote sightings are common in the neighborhood. But many say that if they spotted a coyote on their porch or in their back yard, it would disappear almost instantly upon being noticed.

The quiet neighborhood is home to mostly South Asian families, neighbors say. Most houses have garages behind their homes, so families often enter from the back. But rarely does anyone walk around or spend time behind the homes, near the area where Sherin was reportedly sent to stand, Morse said.

Members of the Emmanuel Bible Chapel, the church Mathews and his family attend, have helped search several areas near the family's home since Saturday. One member said that Mathews and his wife are good parents. "The parents are also loving, they loved Sherin very much," he said. "They take care of her very much."

http://www.mrt.com/news/article/A-toddler-was-sent-outside-at-3-a-m-as-12267107.php

Here's something else I find odd: She was malnourished when they got her but they've had her for over a year now ---some reports are saying 2 yrs. Now, she reportedly weighs 22 lbs and is 36 inches tall.

"Three-year-old girls range from 35 to 40 inches in height and 25.5 to 38.5 pounds in weight" https://www.livestrong.com/article/192232-normal-height-weight-for-a-three-year-old/

So, she's only a couple of pounds underweight now.

Would those couple of pounds really necessitate making her drink milk at 3am, when she didn't want it?

The father's account of what happened and all his details are as strange as they get.

Just catching up on this thread, but I was thinking the same thing regarding her weight. She doesn't appear underweight in her photos and AFAIK her weight issues weren't due to medical issues, but most likely poverty. I doubt very much she had to be woken in the middle of the night to eat or drink recently. Maybe when she first arrived, but not recently.

do we know what LE removed from the home? Or what he washed? The answers to those two questions would certainly give some insight into the direction this case is going.

Police have given no indication that there is any involvement by the church or that they are investigating the church so why all the sleuthing in that direction?

Speculation needs to be grounded in some sort of factual basis. Trafficking has not been indicated at this time either.

ETA some posts have been removed.

I have gone to twitter and typed in Sherin's name and found interesting comments from church goers who knew the family they say, etc.

Police have given no indication that there is any involvement by the church or that they are investigating the church so why all the sleuthing in that direction?

Speculation needs to be grounded in some sort of factual basis. Trafficking has not been indicated at this time either.
I believe people are curious about the denomination and the parent's belief system. However, I don't think we should name a church as their church without proof. And since we can't find this church by the name reported, I don't think we can know what denomination they are.

I tried to google for a 3yr old girl from India and the charts were in kg but converted she was in the 15th percentile, from what I could tell. So still on the chart, plus in her picture she doesn't look thin or sallow. Ethnicity is always going to play a role, I feel she was likely just naturally quite petite.

Is Richardson a big city? Or are they near flat areas of Texas? Could he have driven 2 hours and buried her in the desert and returned? He did something at 3, but no alert till 8. That gives 5 hours. I saw somewhere in the thread that a surveillance camera was checked in the neighborhood but nothing came up. She is small child, he could have her stashed anywhere in fact. I remember Hailey here in Springfield MO was found in a plastic tote.

Is Richardson a big city? Or are they near flat areas of Texas? Could he have driven 2 hours and buried her in the desert and returned? He did something at 3, but no alert till 8. That gives 5 hours. I saw somewhere in the thread that a surveillance camera was checked in the neighborhood but nothing came up. She is small child, he could have her stashed anywhere in fact. I remember Hailey here in Springfield MO was found in a plastic tote.

Richardson is a suburb of Dallas and her neighborhood is right on the border of Dallas city limits. I don't think you could get to West Texas and back in 5 hours. You could however get to heavily forested areas in East Texas or even Oklahoma with 1-2 hours and still have plenty of time to bury her and drive home.

ETA: I do know if you go towards east Texas in the middle of the night you are probably going to run into at least one state trooper who is bored enough to pull you over for just about anything, so I think if he had gone that way either he was incredibly lucky, or IMO he took her that way still alive and then killed/dumped her while out in the woods, which doesn't fit with a story of being angry at her and would only work if this was something he had been planning. I haven't traveled north towards Oklahoma as often, so I don't know the odds of getting stopped going that direction.

Or, maybe he returned home at 3am.

Perhaps the incident happened earlier in the evening, and he left in the car to put the body somewhere, returned home at 3am (which is why that time sticks in his head), did the laundry and cleaned up, then called 911 at 8am.

Total speculation, jmo, subject to change

Bob Morse, 66, who lives a few houses away from Sherin's parents happened to be awake and outside at 4 a.m. Saturday, less than an hour after she reportedly disappeared, lighting his grill so that he could cook a brisket later in the day. "At 4 a.m. in the morning, it was quiet. If a child four houses away cried out, I would hear it," Morse said. "If a car drove by, I would know."

http://www.mrt.com/news/article/A-toddler-was-sent-outside-at-3-a-m-as-12267107.php

If this man was outside at 4am, wouldn't it be highly likely he was already awake around the time the dad allegedly realized Sherin was missing? A mere 45 minutes earlier. Did the dad even call her name? If my kid can't be seen we call their names and then louder and louder and if we don't hear we go looking and are screaming their names while waiting to hear their voices or any sounds. So, to me as a parent, it sounds like the dad went outside looked at the tree, realized she wasn't there and went back inside without so much as shouting for her, or surely neighbours would have woke up? Maybe this isn't how all people are?

Also, the houses look to be fairly close together, if I had a child missing in the night like that I would be running down the alley/road calling and looking and if I saw lights on in one of the homes I would have been banging that door frantically asking if they had possibly seen or found my child.

IF the milk/punishment scenario is true, then why didn't the dad take half an hour or more to run up and down the street calling Sherin's name and knocking on doors asking if they had seen Sherin? I could easily see myself unknowingly searching for my child for 5 hours if it was me and THAT being the reason I hadn't called 911 yet, but from his own timeline he hoped this 3 year old would come back on her own and went inside.

I would love to know if they took all the laundry as evidence, because doing a chore like laundry when your kid is actively missing in the middle of the night makes no sense.

I believe people are curious about the denomination and the parent's belief system. However, I don't think we should name a church as their church without proof. And since we can't find this church by the name reported, I don't think we can know what denomination they are.

The opening post instructs that religion will be kept out of this discussion. Unless LE gives us a reason to believe they think religion plays a role in this case the denomination or belief structure is really not appropriate fodder.

The opening post instructs that religion will be kept out of this discussion. Unless LE gives us a reason to believe they think religion plays a role in this case the denomination or belief structure is really not appropriate fodder.

Understood.

(I was part of the church discussion....but won't pursue it.)

Now that we know Sherin went to a Daycare, perhaps the Daycare contacted CPS and that's how they became involved with the family prior to this event.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member