Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit surprised that on this video it shows someone actually driving the SUV up onto the flatbed. Usually evidence is protected and the vehicle is actually hooked up and pulled up onto the flatbed.

(Wooooaahhh...really? Wth...)

You're very welcome! I know the area quite well, just haven't driven in this neck of the woods for awhile. Richardson has older pockets (1950s ranch-style homes) and newer pockets--but many of the new neighborhoods still follow that alley-design, with a few odd homes here and there without rear alley access, and a few with front-entry garages.

It is a busy place, even though considered a 'bedroom community' to Dallas - there are several colleges that attract young adults (UTD, Richland, etc.) and the area also has had many businesses in the IT field. These college areas may be more apt to have security cams, but it's hard to tell (for me at least) which other centers would be using that technology. Guessing like any other city it would depend on the crime stats for a particular part of town. I'm really wondering if the driver of that Acura stopped to think about security cams, though. After reading and pondering some more today about that "whizzing" car, I've come to the conclusion that that departure at 4:00am may have been the driver simply 'getting the heck out of Dodge.' ASAP. And the fastest route out and away from that house and neighborhood would hands down be taking Centennial west to Central Expressway (a 5-6 minute drive at most, maybe less at that early hour).

Continuing that theory, once arriving at Central, he'd either fly north at 70mph-plus, or he'd go south.

So here are some options:

HEADING NORTH:

1) 75/Central Expy north, to McKinney and beyond
PRO: it's a straight shoot, no stopping until you get to the boonies
CON: it's a looong trip, even at that hour (McKinney is 22 miles north, and the boonies don't start until after that; familiarity with hiding spots?)

2) North a short while on 75/Central, then exit Pres Geo Bush Tnpk (going east or west)
PRO: fast, no stops on either road; terrain with some trees, woods, and creeks either direction
CONS: toll/license plate cameras on Pres Geo Bush Tnpk both directions

OR SOUTH:

3) take 75/Central south to downtown Dallas; keep going south right on out of the city via another hwy
PRO: fast, no stopping
CON: takes you through dense, pricey, well-patroled University Park/Highland Park with some very bored LE; risky dumping until you're south of Dallas (and south Dallas carries its own risks in the middle of the night)

4) south a few miles on 75/Central then exit onto 635/LBJ going EAST:
PROS: Fast, no stopping; going east on LBJ takes you through terrain with lots of trees, woods, and creeks; eventually hooking up with 30E can take you out to more semi-rural areas just west of and including Lake Ray Hubbard
CONS: ? (familiarity with hiding spots?)

5) south a few miles on 75/Central, then exit 635/LBJ going WEST:
PROS: fast, no stopping; takes you right out the LasColinas/IRVING - it's a 16-mile (shorter) trip to familiar territory
CON: none, if you stay on 635W and don't merge onto the new "Interstate 635 TEXpress" (which has tolls)

After writing this out and seeing how relatively short the round trip to Irving would be, I'm really wondering. It's been reported that WM had contacts there (work and church), so he would likely have had some degree of familiarity with the route (more so than others).

(It's really great to have you here in this thread!)

I would also put money on the driver taking 75. Not mckinney though. I say he probably went toward Dallas. Since he works that direction.

Taking the toll roads would just be dumb.

I'm sorry, I missed that we know exactly where he works...?? What is the location? Tia.

I agree; and I like the way you logically laid the ideas out, personally. It helps with setting aside preconceptions or even subtle biases we don't know we're harboring. It's a great tool, going through all the steps like that.

Have to agree with you as far as wondering to what degree fear, shame, guilt, and embarrassment are factoring into the case here due to cultural differences (and to me, it's not just Asian-Indian, but also within the subculture of their devoutly religious community).

What I'm seeing, in the many photos, is a happy, dressed up and celebrated, doted-upon toddler who looks healthy and thriving (despite her tiny stature and the reported feeding challenges). So JMO, maybe, but I have trouble assuming at the outset that she was adopted by evil people for the purpose of abuse. I *can* envision a situation where an exasperated parent of a lively, challenging toddler did something unwise in a stressful moment--and so can at least see a risk factor here for accidental death or manslaughter.

All IMO, JMO.

You make many good points, and perhaps shame is a possible factor on his part (and not just frustration), being that Kerala seems to have such a high emphasis (pressure?) on literacy, education, etc. I imagine he might have/could have viewed her disabilities as a stigma. So very sad, and no excuse, of course...

"Kerala's achievements in social development and quality of life are, no doubt, inspiring and encouraging. The state has achieved a human development index comparable to the developed countries of the World. Prof. Amartya Sen has attributed these achievements largely to the priority which the state has accorded to high literacy among all Indian states and education for a long time. The society attaches so much importance to education that the school in Kerala is really the nucleus of the social microcosm. Better education kindles the aspirations of the people and the main concern is on how to improve the quality of education."

http://www.education.kerala.gov.in/

Why are so many babies abandoned in India? Is abortion not an option for the women? With so many orphans, wonder why people are stealing the kids?

(Ugh, ever seen "Slumdog Millionaire"? They purposely blind these little boys so they will elicit more sympathy and money on the streets when they make them go out and beg for money...)

Last thought as I fall asleep is if he did put her in water, he likely weighed her down with something...rocks? (She's so little it wouldnt take much :( ) But then he would need something to tie the weights to her (weights?)...might he have used rope, or duct tape from his garage? Suitcase? Or again, Walmart? Storage container...

In some other cases where a child has been buried in a shallow grave, oddly there was a piece of wood over the grave...

I hope you are found, little precious one. In so many other cases we wonder, is there a chance you are still alive out there? I guess there's always a chance, but I have to say honestly I have little doubt here that she is deceased, moo...I know many of you are still holding out hope, not trying to take that away from anyone. Just expressing my thoughts/interpretations as related to the facts at hand, as we know them...it's all speculation anyway...

Now wait a minute...one could quickly pass one off to another in an hour...argh...

Goodnight yall and goodnight little princess, wherever you are. :heartbeat:

Hi,sorry if I’m a little bit behind,this is my first time posting. I read all thread#1 then realised there was this one too and would probably take me a week to read all Thisbe thread too so do forgive me if I’ve missed anything.

Now,on my opinion (& from what I’ve read,that of many) is this whole story so obviously stinks,but what if there’s a reason for this? I know a lot has already been said about the possibitly of Dad covering for Mum but what if that’s exactly what’s happened.
Can anyone think of many,if any,other missing children cases where parents have admitted to any abuse/neglect happening prior to the child going missing? Usually they are trying to prove innocence...innocent or not? There’s so much to dads story,why incriminate yourself on such a scale? It kind of looks like he told that story to ensure he was arrested? Maybe to take any spotlight off Mum & all be on him? Maybe to insure Mum could still Just a possibility??
I believe the 3am/refusal of milk has some element of truth. Maybe 3am was when Sherins little body was disposed of after a earlier altercation with Mum/Dad about refusal of milk? Which would explain why she was in normal clothing and flip flops? All my opinion of course.

Also- can anybody please tell me if any results/info has been released from the car searches? Surly any evidence (if there is any) would have been analyzed and LE would have results by now? Surely there’s some sort of fast track system for cases like this?
Thabks

Hi,sorry if I’m a little bit behind,this is my first time posting. I read all thread#1 then realised there was this one too and would probably take me a week to read all Thisbe thread too so do forgive me if I’ve missed anything.

Now,on my opinion (& from what I’ve read,that of many) is this whole story so obviously stinks,but what if there’s a reason for this? I know a lot has already been said about the possibitly of Dad covering for Mum but what if that’s exactly what’s happened.
Can anyone think of many,if any,other missing children cases where parents have admitted to any abuse/neglect happening prior to the child going missing? Usually they are trying to prove innocence...innocent or not? There’s so much to dads story,why incriminate yourself on such a scale? It kind of looks like he told that story to ensure he was arrested? Maybe to take any spotlight off Mum & all be on him? Maybe to insure Mum could still Just a possibility??
I believe the 3am/refusal of milk has some element of truth. Maybe 3am was when Sherins little body was disposed of after a earlier altercation with Mum/Dad about refusal of milk? Which would explain why she was in normal clothing and flip flops? All my opinion of course

:wagon:Scarlet!

No worries, it's a lot to go over.
I've been asking myself the same question over and over again... why incriminate himself? He could have come up with a story where it was nothing to do with either Mom or Dad and they both looked innocent. But this story, as already happened, opens him up to other charges. I don't believe the story but I also don't understand what kinds of crazy places you have to go to in your mind to think this far fetched story up. However, your theory about taking the spotlight off Mom is intriguing. Not something I had thought of.

I think the daycare said she was present on the Friday but so far we haven't seen anyone other than the parents say they saw her on Saturday so I think that maybe opens up the possibility that something happened earlier in the day. Although, I wasn't sure if they had said at one point she was wearing a pajama top? Not sure.

Thanks for the warm welcome 😀

I just can’t understand why Dad was so forthcoming with SO much information & incriminating information at that. In my opinion It wasnt to help LE as best as he possibly could in the hope of them finding Sherin as if this was the case he would have looked himself,frantically for the 5 hours he was doing laundry (which Mum apparently slept through)
To me,it just looks like he’s so obviously putting ALL blame on himself & NOTHING at all on Mum by saying she was asleep through the whole ordeal? (Which could of course be the case but I’m doubtful) Why wouldn’t he have woken Mum if knew his child was missing?
What’s also troubling is the dogs found no trace of Sherins scent! Babies don’t just vanish into thin air & even if you was to take dads story as the truth (the coyotes snatching her) there would still be a scent trace?? (& probably a trace of blood/hair I would have thought?)
This case reminds me of the baby Elaina Steinfurth case. I’m hoping Sherin hasn’t suffered the same fate as poor baby elaina did 😢
(All my opinion)

Thanks for the warm welcome 

I just can’t understand why Dad was so forthcoming with SO much information & incriminating information at that. In my opinion It wasnt to help LE as best as he possibly could in the hope of them finding Sherin as if this was the case he would have looked himself,frantically for the 5 hours he was doing laundry (which Mum apparently slept through)
To me,it just looks like he’s so obviously putting ALL blame on himself & NOTHING at all on Mum by saying she was asleep through the whole ordeal? (Which could of course be the case but I’m doubtful) Why wouldn’t he have woken Mum if knew his child was missing?
What’s also troubling is the dogs found no trace of Sherins scent! Babies don’t just vanish into thin air & even if you was to take dads story as the truth (the coyotes snatching her) there would still be a scent trace?? (& probably a trace of blood/hair I would have thought?)
This case reminds me of the baby Elaina Steinfurth case. I’m hoping Sherin hasn’t suffered the same fate as poor baby elaina did 
(All my opinion)

Ah yes, baby Elaina. So many cases keep coming back to my mind with this one. He was older but I keep thinking of Dylan Redwine.

It does seem like the only thing he has ensured in his story is that Mom is innocent. Which at the moment, she is. The story would mean that Mom would be there for their biological daughter. It has me concerned about the dogs. I'm not even sure how that happens? That dogs can't detect a scent at the victims residence? I suppose I am just not as clued up on that as I could be.
I wish there were searches happening, not that it would be clear where to search. But I want to see groups, led by the Mom, TES at the front, out searching for this little one.
I'm hopeful for a miracle... doubtful at the same time. Is that even possible :(

Wow. I had that backwards? The girl's family has to pay the groom????

ETA_ : yup, just looked it up. All my life I was under the impression that the woman was given a dowry, because she was going to bring children to the husband's family. I had no clue she had to bribe the groom's family. lol
Even in America we have some things left over from the dowry system. Typically, the woman's family pays for the wedding (even a small wedding costs 20K these days if you have food, music, rent a hall), although this has been changing slowly and more families are chipping in from both sides, as well as the couples themselves are often paying at least a portion of it themselves. Another leftover from this system is the "hope chest." I was born in the 70s but I even had one. The woman begins collecting items for her married life and the household in the hope chest at a young age. I started mine as a child with a set of China from a family member and began adding silver and other items. I think this tradition has nearly died out now, though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is moo. I think he said the story bc he knew child endangerment wouldn't get him much prison time. Also he wanted to ensure the mother wouldn't be in trouble so the older bio child could be with her. I think this was the fastest story he could come up with.

I mean,the only similarities at this stage between Sherin & Elainas cases are the lack of scent. Which,in Elainas case was because the poor baby’s body never left the residence,which does make me wonder if it is the same in this case! I wondering anyone knows if a in-depth search of the residence is followed through imminently or if warrenta have to be granted ect?
Although,having said that,if Mum/Dad have hidden poor Sherin at/in/around the property that wouldnt explain the misplaced hours.
Unless of course, something sinister happened closer to the 8am 911 call then the original 3am (or earlier) time that was origainally thought. Could they have been giving Sherin her morning bottle/milk which was refused by Sherin and the rest I don’t want to imagine,then hid her tiny body on the property,called 991 & thought of his far fetched,ridiculous cover story in a quick panic before LE arrived? (Still dads attempt to take any focus off Mum and all blame on himself in my opionion) That could possibly explain the lack of scent picked up by dogs & possibly why Sherin was dressed in normal clothing/flipflops (or half dressed as some report state she was wearing pj T-shirt) If they was early risers it wouldn’t be too strange to be getting dressed at around 7am(or if had plans for the day?) I know my toddlers just love to wake me up at 5:30/6am on a weekend.
Just some possibilities - all my opinion

You're very welcome! I know the area quite well, just haven't driven in this neck of the woods for awhile. Richardson has older pockets (1950s ranch-style homes) and newer pockets--but many of the new neighborhoods still follow that alley-design, with a few odd homes here and there without rear alley access, and a few with front-entry garages.

It is a busy place, even though considered a 'bedroom community' to Dallas - there are several colleges that attract young adults (UTD, Richland, etc.) and the area also has had many businesses in the IT field. These college areas may be more apt to have security cams, but it's hard to tell (for me at least) which other centers would be using that technology. Guessing like any other city it would depend on the crime stats for a particular part of town. I'm really wondering if the driver of that Acura stopped to think about security cams, though. After reading and pondering some more today about that "whizzing" car, I've come to the conclusion that that departure at 4:00am may have been the driver simply 'getting the heck out of Dodge.' ASAP. And the fastest route out and away from that house and neighborhood would hands down be taking Centennial west to Central Expressway (a 5-6 minute drive at most, maybe less at that early hour).

Continuing that theory, once arriving at Central, he'd either fly north at 70mph-plus, or he'd go south.

So here are some options:

HEADING NORTH:

1) 75/Central Expy north, to McKinney and beyond
PRO: it's a straight shoot, no stopping until you get to the boonies
CON: it's a looong trip, even at that hour (McKinney is 22 miles north, and the boonies don't start until after that; familiarity with hiding spots?)

2) North a short while on 75/Central, then exit Pres Geo Bush Tnpk (going east or west)
PRO: fast, no stops on either road; terrain with some trees, woods, and creeks either direction
CONS: toll/license plate cameras on Pres Geo Bush Tnpk both directions

OR SOUTH:

3) take 75/Central south to downtown Dallas; keep going south right on out of the city via another hwy
PRO: fast, no stopping
CON: takes you through dense, pricey, well-patroled University Park/Highland Park with some very bored LE; risky dumping until you're south of Dallas (and south Dallas carries its own risks in the middle of the night)

4) south a few miles on 75/Central then exit onto 635/LBJ going EAST:
PROS: Fast, no stopping; going east on LBJ takes you through terrain with lots of trees, woods, and creeks; eventually hooking up with 30E can take you out to more semi-rural areas just west of and including Lake Ray Hubbard
CONS: ? (familiarity with hiding spots?)

5) south a few miles on 75/Central, then exit 635/LBJ going WEST:
PROS: fast, no stopping; takes you right out the LasColinas/IRVING - it's a 16-mile (shorter) trip to familiar territory
CON: none, if you stay on 635W and don't merge onto the new "Interstate 635 TEXpress" (which has tolls)

After writing this out and seeing how relatively short the round trip to Irving would be, I'm really wondering. It's been reported that WM had contacts there (work and church), so he would likely have had some degree of familiarity with the route (more so than others).

Thanks again Poi! This is very informative! I'm going to do a little cyber driving today, but, like you, I'm leaning toward familiarity too, so that would make the Irving route stick out. You're likely to go with what you know. If he did something horrible, I can see him pacing around, trying to think of what he can do, to save his other child from being taken, save his marriage, and his freedom. I'd think that he's going to think of places he'd been to, driven past every day, places that he was familiar with but weren't extremely obvious.

This is moo. I think he said the story bc he knew child endangerment wouldn't get him much prison time. Also he wanted to ensure the mother wouldn't be in trouble so the older bio child could be with her. I think this was the fastest story he could come up with.

Totally agree with you!

IMO: if that was his motive, he'd make sure mom leaves the home and begin distancing herself from him.

I agree; and I like the way you logically laid the ideas out, personally. It helps with setting aside preconceptions or even subtle biases we don't know we're harboring. It's a great tool, going through all the steps like that.

Have to agree with you as far as wondering to what degree fear, shame, guilt, and embarrassment are factoring into the case here due to cultural differences (and to me, it's not just Asian-Indian, but also within the subculture of their devoutly religious community).

What I'm seeing, in the many photos, is a happy, dressed up and celebrated, doted-upon toddler who looks healthy and thriving (despite her tiny stature and the reported feeding challenges). So JMO, maybe, but I have trouble assuming at the outset that she was adopted by evil people for the purpose of abuse. I *can* envision a situation where an exasperated parent of a lively, challenging toddler did something unwise in a stressful moment--and so can at least see a risk factor here for accidental death or manslaughter.

All IMO, JMO.

Fear, shame and guilt are also present in serial abusers. The morning-after remorse is a common phenomenon, sometimes making it difficult for victims to leave.

But--I agree with you that I see a greater likelihood of a one-off or slip up that led to disastrous consequences. Perhaps an angry dad shook her, and then put her outside when her angry cries threatened to wake the household. When he went to check (and maybe it was more than 15 minutes), she had expired leading to the panicked reaction.

Or perhaps shaking (a common cause of infant death) happened earlier in the day, leading to vomiting/brain swelling and death during the night when she might normally awaken. Again, the panic (and I do think the tree fits in somewhere--including it in the cover story must have a reason), and perhaps putting her outside in the hope of attracting coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member