Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I see Sherin's picture, I think she's more and more adorable.

Hi there my sweet friend! :)

I feel LE knows Sherin is deceased, but really with an hour leeway she could be anywhere. That is a tremendous amount of area to cover inch by inch. That is almost an impossible task. I think they are waiting to compile all of the video footage so that they will have at least some idea what area to look for her.

Without that the police searchers are really in the dark about where she could be. A tiny little body like Sherin's IS really like looking for a teeny tiny needle in a huge haystack, and at this time LE doesn't even know which haystack to start looking in. Hopefully, that will change very soon.

We have seen in many other cases where massive searches were being done by police and outsiders for weeks, months or even years yet the victim wasn't ever found. In many of the missing person cases another person not even connected to LE or the victim or searchers found the victim's remains purely by happenstance even though others had searched and searched to no avail.

Although it is 30 minutes each way LE has no way of knowing which way is the right way. Its like a dog chasing his tail. I think they are busy narrowing down the search grid area and doing other investigative work concerning this tragic case.

It isn't that uncommon for some police departments to not want searches done by outsiders because they know the average citizen doesn't know how to preserve evidence if they come upon it and can actually contaminate the evidence.

What I am so afraid of is even if LE finds the general area he went they may never locate her little body and she will become like so many others who remain missing.:( I pray that is not the case though.

(Again, thinking of Diana Alvarez :( )

Margarita, for what it's worth I searched the line of vegetation along the creek side of Medical City Hospital yesterday afternoon for about an hour. I barely made a dent, and it wasn't a professional search, but it was a start - thought you had a good idea about him maybe taking her to the emergency room that night.

(Also thought of you as I swung by the Walmart Supercenter at Central & Midpark and checked a dumpster there at the Murphy USA service station. Just white trash bags full of fast food remnants.)

Bless your heart!! Thank you on behalf of the universe for taking the time and heart to do this....this makes me want to cry. I can feel the collective love and teamwork here...

Bless you, PoirotryinMotion.

With that in mind, you need to also account for the time minutes needed to place her body. 5 minutes? If so, 25 minutes out. Has anyone google-earth-driven the roads from the home and every possible road from there to see what might appear as potential spots?

Are the roads all flat, cliffy, covered in brush, have ravines, water run off pipes under the roads, canals, etc?

And as mentioned, likely back roads with no cameras...

Here's the thing about search parties-----it may be like finding a needle in a haystack but if LE has no idea where she is, how will she ever be found if no one searches? If they had grids and eliminated areas, one by one, that would be progress. At a minimum, they would know where she is NOT.

Jumping off your post, I do recall learning that searchers with CUE, in a search years ago, were each equipped with GPS, and after the day's search, reviewed on a screen everywhere they had been so as to be sure they didn't miss anything. I imagine LE is utilizing similar technology, moo.

I've been looking around Google Earth, at areas within about 10 miles or so, from the family's home. I'm not from the area, but was wondering if White Rock Lake had been searched? It is 9-12 miles from the home, depending on the route taken. Just tossing it out.

Edit: It looks as if there would be an area to park, and there is a footbridge that goes out over the lake.

Sounds like a fantastic place to search, moo; hopefully LE has had the same ideas, which I imagine they would as quite a few posters have mentioned this area now.

But if he was driving around looking for her, why not say that? Why make himself look like an idiot by saying he looked in the back for her 15 minutes later and she wasn't there so he went back in the house to do laundry and waited for her to come back on her own or look for her when it got light out?

Jumping off this post, I think to establish some kind of alibi, denying that he left the house...maybe some kind of way of saying "I was here the whole time"...At the time of the laundry statement it was not yet revealed that there was the surveillance of the SUV...

Which just reminded me of a crazy case I saw on Forensic Files one time...something about fuzzy traffic cam footage of a vehicle of interest...when the cold case detective reviewed this footage years later he noticed a characteristic of the vehicle that was not noticed before, which was some kind of breakthrough as a far as either ruling the vehicle out or in, as related to the case (sorry can't remember the details exactly...maybe something to do with the sideview mirrors? Anyway, o/t, I doubt this is the case here (that the vehicle is not really his vehicle).

Would the pedestrian bridge area, off of E. Mockingbird Ln, be patrolled that well at 4-5 a.m.? Or would it be possible, at that same time of day, to stop very briefly on Mockingbird, where it crosses White Rock Lake, to drop something over the edge? I was thinking about it being early on the 7th, a Saturday morning, so traffic would probably be lighter.

Marking this...feeling this type of scenario, moo (if not a quick shallow grave...in which LE might have found muddy boots, clothing, if he didn't get rid of the muddy items...there would still likely be trace mud, unless he mopped up reaaaaalllly good....but it would be on his shoes...

Hmmmm, maybe this is what took him so long to call LE...cleaning up from burying her?

Another possibility in the delay to call LE could be a)talking with his wife ("this is what we are going to say and how we are going to handle this") and/or b)Taking the time to emotionally get himself (and his story) together.

10 mile radius is 314 square miles. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong here, but interesting if he had an hour and they are only searching a 10 mile radius (as opposed to say 20), meaning, could it be LE seems to think for a particular reason he took some time there at the disposal site, for whatever reason (digging, etc?)...of course searches usually start within a radius and expand out...maybe they are just starting with 10 miles, and might expand later, but I do wonder if they think he only went 10 miles for some reason...maybe not...maybe I'm over thinking it.

I could be wrong here, but interesting if he had an hour and they are only searching a 10 mile radius (as opposed to say 20), meaning, could it be LE seems to think he took some time here, for whatever reason...of course searches usually start within a radius and expand out...maybe they are just starting with 10 miles, and might expand later, but I do wonder if they think he only went 10 miles for some reason...maybe not...

It's not much but I'm sure I saw somewhere here that they are now searching a 15 mile radius.

Makes me ill just thinking about it. Otherwise why tell that house not to say a thing about what they witnessed?

I hear you guys, and wonder the same thing about why the neighbor was specifically asked not to say what was seen...however, maybe it was a standard command given to just be quiet considering it's a high profile case...hard to explain...what I'm trying to say is maybe there is not necessarily something on there, gah, brain is fading, sorry not clear. I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes LE may not want anything at all to come out, even if it's not something major. The only thing I can think of is how close to the vest LE has kept eveeeerything in Abby's and Libby's case, not just major things like COD, etc.

I hear you guys, and wonder the same thing about why the neighbor was specifically asked not to say what was seen...however, maybe it was a standard command given to just be quiet considering it's a high profile case...hard to explain...what I'm trying to say is maybe there is not necessarily something on there, gah, brain is fading, sorry not clear. I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes LE may not want anything at all to come out, even if it's not something major. The only thing I can think of is how close to the vest LE has kept eveeeerything in Abby's and Libby's case, not just major things like COD, etc.

Yeah I can't help but think there was something more on that footage other than just a car going by. But, having said that, it's more than likely is just the car going by.

Would it not be relevant for LE to reveal the direction the car headed in to find Sherin?

I wonder what messed up excuse "Dad" would come up with, if he was talking to LE, for that car leaving.

I wonder how far the church they attend is from their home? Wonder if there have been any searches done around where the church is for Sherin? Seeing as the father would be familiar with that area.

This is fantastic and would make total sense imo. I would think they thought of this...but who knows...that's what's so hard about being a sleuther...

We should look at a visual of the route to the church, and it's perimeter, etc...are there woods around it, etc?

Yeah I can't help but think there was something more on that footage other than just a car going by. But, having said that, it's more than likely is just the car going by.

Would it not be relevant for LE to reveal the direction the car headed in to find Sherin?

I wonder what messed up excuse "Dad" would come up with, if he was talking to LE, for that car leaving.

Good point. Why not state the direction? Does the street make a circle out to the exit from the neighborhood, meaning a direction would be irrelevant anyway depending on the logistics of how the neighborhood is set up? Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I don't even know what I'm trying to say lol.

(Eta I think PIM gave a good description of the neighborhood well upstream, iirc, need to go back...)

I don't think it's odd that LE is asking the neighbor to be quiet about the video. It is evidence and will be presented in the court (should someone be charged). LE wants to remain in control of the investigation and keep info closely held. I understand that (even though I want to know what's on the tape!). Asking the neighbor to be quiet doesn't give us any clues about what's on the tape - it could simply be a car driving by.

We don't know yet what is on that tape, but I bet eventually we will.

jmopinion

I was trying to make this same point earlier, but you explained it much more clearly!

Good point. Why not state the direction? Does the street make a circle out to the exit from the neighborhood, meaning a direction would be irrelevant anyway depending on the logistics of how the neighborhood is set up? Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I don't even know what I'm trying to say lol.

Lol. No I get what you are saying. Although, I'm not sure.

He must have picked up quite a pace for one of the neighbours to say he was "whizzing" by. Although, I don't think we know exactly where that neighbour is located and in what direction.

Is the likelihood that he went through to Centennial? But that still doesn't answer where he went from there.

So many unanswered questions and I'm so tired I hope I make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member