Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met's scientific hindcasting weather and analysis of the ocean system in the pertinent days J.C.'s car went into the ocean did give us a 'most probable' scenario squarely dispelling imo the wilder theories previously proposed.

<modsnip>

That's interesting- that the last sighting wasn't necessarily the last car she got into. I haven't heard that theory. Any reason you think so? And do you think the driver that was sighted picking her up was too scared to come forwards?

I remember watching a re-enactment of this when I was quite young (not sure what my parents were thinking lol!) - maybe on Australia's Most Wanted? It made an impression as it was quite close to my childhood home. Are copies of this show still available- anyone know?

That would be interesting to watch. My understanding is that there were two taxi's that picked her up before she got into the dark coloured or blue datson sedan and disappeared. One taxi picked her up a bit further down the hwy after the first dropped her off when realising she had no money to pay the fare, then so did the second taxi dropping her of cnr Shepparton Rd. My question is how did the killer come along almost the moment she was dropped off the second time. Lucky SK and very unlucky KT!

Met's scientific hindcasting weather and analysis of the ocean system in the pertinent days J.C.'s car went into the ocean did give us a 'most probable' scenario squarely dispelling imo the wilder theories previously proposed.

Historical re forecast has to be based on the correct data to be accurate. <modsnip>

a) Kent St, Rockingham.
b) Stakehill Rd , Baldivis.
There was a previous murder in the street on someone's front lawn. Coincidentally that was the same address as the suspect with the model aeroplane collection.

http://wp.me/p3NAws-9Z
c7439b3993aea70cca06e9189c805a75.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Wonder if this local man was the fair haired man seen trying to get GR into his brown station wagon with another man. A woman says she saw two men struggling with a boy on the day Gerard disappeared, but did not feel comfortable intervening. She describes two men aged in their mid 30s, one fair-haired, the other dark-haired with a faded maroon or brown station wagon.

http://www.mako.org.au/unsolved-crime-gerard-ross.html

Or with the crime being senselessly violent whether the steel cap booted taxi driver lived in Rockingham? Who knows whether the extra skerrrick of evidence needed was also hindered because his Dad was a cop.

The West Australian, Wednesday, April 16, 2008; Section: News, Page: 9 Charges upgraded
The 42-year-old son of the couple killed in their Yokine home last week will be charged with two counts of wilful murder. A police spokesman said the charges against Vernon Robert Silich would be upgraded from two counts of grievous bodily harm following autopsies on former police inspector Robert George Silich, and his wife Faye, both 65. Mr Silich will next appear in Perth Magistrate&#8217;s Court on April 24.

Thanks Pandit .
im planning to get weather data from the time frames after SS*, JR & CG went missing, until found .
Nothing fancy-no maps , just rainfall and temperature statistics .
*a month or more.

Quote :
Temperature
"Body temperature of insects governs rate of growth. Since insects have limited control over body temperature, outside temperature is important.
Most insect activity and reproduction occurs between 15 -35°*C but each species usually has an optimum temperature."

Moisture
"Rain:directly by mechanical effect, disturbing aphidsindirectly by affecting soil and water supply for host plants Humidity - important for egg hatching activity and development."

http://bugs.bio.usyd.edu.au/learning/resources/Entomology/ecology/environmental.html

"Temperature is especially important since insects are 'cold-blooded' - meaning their metabolic rate increases (and the duration of development decreases) as the temperature rises, and*vice-versa.

Looking at the oldest stage of insect and the temperature of the region, a forensic entomologist can estimate the day or range of days in which the first insects laid eggs and provide an estimate of* time of death."
http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/entomologie-entomology/

"Collection of*meteorological*data at the scene.* Such data should include:

a). Ambient air temperature at the scene taken approximately at chest height with the thermometer in the shade.* DO NOT EXPOSE THERMOMETER TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT!

b). Maggot mass temperature (obtained by placing the thermometer directly into the larval mass center).

c). Ground surface temperature.

d). Temperature at the interface of the body and ground (simply place the thermometer between the two surfaces).

e). Temperature of the soil directly under the body (taken immediately after body removal).

f). Weather data that includes the maximum and minimum daily temperature and rainfall for a period spanning 1-2 weeks before the victims disappearance to 3-5 days after the body was discovered.* Such information can be gathered by contacting the nearest national weather service office, or your state climatologist."

http://www.forensicentomology.com/procedure.htm#A

Does anyone know if there were any incidents in Baldivis, Wellard, Banjup during 1991/1992&#8230;

In early 1991 BRE & EC were living in Albert St, Osborne Park, then in April 1991, purchased Fountain Way Huntingdale. Electoral role records indicate BRE lived in Madora Bay from May 1991 to March 1992. Perhaps BRE and EE stayed at the parents Madora Bay property because they couldn&#8217;t move into Fountain Way. Perhaps the Fountain Way property had an existing rental agreement &#8211; expiring March 1992.

Perhaps each day BRE & EE commuted back and forth to work, EE being dropped at Welshpool train station, commuting the remainder of her journey alone.

Note: The Kwinana Fwy didn&#8217;t extend to Mandurah back then, as well as the train line. The journey from Mandurah to Welshpool was probably through
Baldivis, Wellard, Banjup, King Rd to Nicholson Rd. https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...8687bf6ec741d9!8m2!3d-32.3938461!4d115.771883
JMO

According to the spreadsheet compiled by either Grok, Sutton or Spinnaker&#8230;

1990 EC and BRE Relationship During 1990s
1991 BRE & EC Living Albert St Osborne Park
1991 April - 10 Fountain Way Huntingdale Purchase
BRE & ECE Married
1991 May 15 - BRE on Madora Bay EROLL
1991 November 8 - BRE on Madora Bay EROLL
1992 March 20- BRE on Madora Bay EROLL
1993 January 21 - BRE (24) 10 Fountain Way EROLL

I haven't seen it confirmed but could easily have fallen out of the ignition if they weren't and buried in inches of sand.

Reason why I think the keys were in it is because the police didn't indicate the column had been broken into, so it hadn't been hotwired. Yet the ignition was on. No pointers either that the steering had locked, which they do off straight if the car was in neutral and rolling/being pushed. So, the police could probably dismiss pranksters thinking it would be hilarious to push it into the sea. No indication either of what gear the car was in.

Images recently posted had key in boot. Ignition on and light on, and lights were on when car entering the water were reported. Her car seat was found on a beach on Monday 20th June, two days before the car entered the water! There was never any doubt from any witnesses, that the car could have been in the water and not be noticed. It had entered the water with its lights on and been seen in a matter of hours before the battery went flat.. It was reported to be on it's roof in one report, which would make it very easy whatever way it was facing to see the light beam. MOO.

Also Missing Julie: Murder Seems Certain. Lack of Clues make police fear the worst.

... Julie, 22 was last seen at her car in the hotel car park at 12.30 am on June 20.

About Midday that day beach walkers found a car seat in the surf at Cottesloe. It was handed in to rangers who thought it was just another piece of flotsam. ...

attachment.php

Source The Daily News June 1988.

Attachments

• Murder seems certain.jpg
    Murder seems certain.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 83
Images recently posted had key in boot. Ignition on and light on, and lights were on when car entering the water were reported. Her car seat was found on a beach on Monday 20th June, two days before the car entered the water! There was never any doubt from any witnesses, that the car could have been in the water and not be noticed. It had entered the water with its lights on and been seen in a matter of hours before the battery went flat.. It was reported to be on it's roof in one report, which would make it very easy whatever way it was facing to see the light beam. MOO.

Also Missing Julie: Murder Seems Certain. Lack of Clues make police fear the worst.

... Julie, 22 was last seen at her car in the hotel car park at 12.30 am on June 20.

About Midday that day beach walkers found a car seat in the surf at Cottesloe. It was handed in to rangers who thought it was just another piece of flotsam. ...

attachment.php

Innerchild could you please refrain from spreading disinformation about the date when the Fiat entered the water.

IIRC MSM is unclear when exactly the car 'entered' the water. And although you may have been a clubbie down at CSLSC around the time of JC's disappearance and the discovery of the Fiat in the ocean, hearsay and rumours are not sufficient to indicate when exactly the Fiat entered the water.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I haven't seen it confirmed but could easily have fallen out of the ignition if they weren't and buried in inches of sand.

Reason why I think the keys were in it is because the police didn't indicate the column had been broken into, so it hadn't been hotwired. Yet the ignition was on. No pointers either that the steering had locked, which they do off straight if the car was in neutral and rolling/being pushed. So, the police could probably dismiss pranksters thinking it would be hilarious to push it into the sea. No indication either of what gear the car was in.
Car stationary at end of groyne. Group of people lift and flip car over side. Yes, that would explain heavy damage to roof and sides of car, yet no damage to rear or front, I suppose.

Met did supply links to the relevant authorities, I think it inappropriate to discredit their accuracy simply for supporting in large part investigators findings.

However, I also did appreciate and read the extensive calculations you made yourself on imagined events in support of Cottesloe clubby's theory. It was interesting.

Are you still with a SLFC?

Historical re forecast has to be based on the correct data to be accurate. <modsnip>

<modsnip>

The Doctor of physical oceanography at the University of W.A's information
used the most modern technology available, that is far better than the 1988 forecasts.
That means the weather stats i provided are almost 3 decades more advanced since the newspaper information.
This info is trustworthy and used in many climate studies studies sourced from here:
http://www.ecmwf.int/en/research/climate-reanalysis/era-interim

<modsnip>we can just use your 29 year old newspaper chart so we can still see the basic level info there.

Some Big swells from those fronts ,
in all of the old maps .
Big fronts , and you cross reference with the swell graph .

Its just awesome really that these maps have totally confirmed everything ive concluded about the ocean weather at the time .

Circled in red, is rain area (shaded) on the mon 20th june .

Also circled is a storm front on the 18th that created the big waves on the sunday 19th & morning of the monday 20th.

Also circled is the storm front on the 21st that created the "long period swell" on the morning of the weds 22nd .
Extra powerful waves although not consistent or tall in height .

7df56b033e6f2a609c9f74184666bd16.jpg
adb8fc23d4fce96a0c7a6ee29efa08ea.jpg
2b124a5c7c8520cf042280ad2bdbea0d.jpg
c1fbff497b3063d91556336930bc973e.jpg

That would be interesting to watch. My understanding is that there were two taxi's that picked her up before she got into the dark coloured or blue datson sedan and disappeared. One taxi picked her up a bit further down the hwy after the first dropped her off when realising she had no money to pay the fare, then so did the second taxi dropping her of cnr Shepparton Rd. My question is how did the killer come along almost the moment she was dropped off the second time. Lucky SK and very unlucky KT!

I thought she was dropped of at the Causeway by a taxi then picked up by another taxi and dropped at what is now Concas then got the non taxi lift. If this was not her killer did he drop her further along at the junction of Shepperton and Welshpool Rd or take her further down Albany Hwy drop her off and someone pick her up in Maddington.

Then instead of going to Bickley via Kelvin Rd veer left down a Bush track or get on to canning Rd. I don't recall hearing if she was killed in situ.

SK Jerry Brudos was married with 2 kids, and he was a cross-dressing, shoe fetish, necrophiliac!
YouTube vid is poor quality. But I found it interesting that Brudos committed more crimes when his wife withheld sex. After a period of no marital sexual relations, Brudos even gave his wife Polaroid photos showing him provocatively dressed in women's clothing to elicit a response from her, but the wife said nothing to Brudos. Ever. The wife handled the situation by preferring to ignore her husband's weird fantasies or sexual preferences. Brudos's offending increased.

[video]https://youtu.be/67plLRIB7Rg[/video]

<modsnip>

Not being a driver myself but the passenger from hell, I thought that once the key was turned to on it couldn't be pulled out until turned back to off. I'm probably wrong. A car in first gear pushed by a few larrikins may have got up some of the rocks to a balancing position then given a push over.

<modsnip>

The Doctor of physical oceanography at the University of W.A's information
used the most modern technology available, that is far better than the 1988 forecasts.
That means the weather stats i provided are almost 3 decades more advanced since the newspaper information.
This info is trustworthy and used in many climate studies studies sourced from here:
http://www.ecmwf.int/en/research/climate-reanalysis/era-interim

<modsnip>we can just use your 29 year old newspaper chart so we can still see the basic level info there.

Some Big swells from those fronts ,
in all of the old maps .
Big fronts , and you cross reference with the swell graph .

Its just awesome really that these maps have totally confirmed everything ive concluded about the ocean weather at the time .

Circled in red, is rain area (shaded) on the mon 20th june .

Also circled is a storm front on the 18th that created the big waves on the sunday 19th & morning of the monday 20th.

Also circled is the storm front on the 21st that created the "long period swell" on the morning of the weds 22nd .
Extra powerful waves although not consistent or tall in height .

7df56b033e6f2a609c9f74184666bd16.jpg
adb8fc23d4fce96a0c7a6ee29efa08ea.jpg
2b124a5c7c8520cf042280ad2bdbea0d.jpg
c1fbff497b3063d91556336930bc973e.jpg

Thanks for your persistence Meticulously.
I agree with you, and obviously hind-casting weather data from an PhD accredited oceanographer is supremely accurate and TRUMPS basic weather reports (forecasts and hind-casts) from the local newspaper. I can see how newspaper weather reports are 'dumbed down' so they can hopefully be understood by the general public.

PLUS,
Hind-casting obviously measures the actual weather that occurred in reality, because hind-casting reports on the weather.
Forecasting only predicts the future weather and is a guess based on scientific knowledge and weather formulas, so forecasting only predicts the weather.

Not being a driver myself but the passenger from hell, I thought that once the key was turned to on it couldn't be pulled out until turned back to off. I'm probably wrong. A car in first gear pushed by a few larrikins may have got up some of the rocks to a balancing position then given a push over.

IIRC Some older cars you could pull the key out when the ignition was on. A big safety fault that was later rectified.

It was an old car, I've had a couple where the keys just fell out onto the floor after going over a bump. Couldn't turn it back off without the key. But this also means that just about any old skinny key could possibly be used to turn it over or a small screwdriver.

I don't think we have enough information really to posit anything absolutely solid that contradicts the official story knowing there's probably a piece of critical misinformation in there somewhere.

attachment.php

IMO, lights would've gone off immediately it entered the Ocean due to salt water causing immediate short circuit of car's electrical system, besides whatever the roof and pillar damage might've done to the dome light wiring which could've also shorted the electrics.

<modsnip>

The buoy data showing swell sizes
Sourced by a physical oceanographer.

http://www.pacioos.hawaii.edu/waves/model-global/

https://data.csiro.au/dap/landingpage

https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/imarine/cottesloe-tide-and-wave.asp

Example shown how wave data is measured .
The Cottesloe wave buoy in june 2017 .
Red arrow showing a northwest swell angle and circled is a 20 second "long period swell" .

All my measurements in metres and seconds correlate with scientific techniques to measure swells using measuring buoys .

af1aae2f9a964c1a47e90bf4d2a66d2a.jpg
a8feef63b98c14faaf0c571a217c9e0f.jpg
5413545c8f6bf2a7d3dc03dd26c65630.jpg
4adf5f8ea194ffbeee88ba7a175bab6b.jpg

I'm not suggesting that the creature from the black lagoon movie did it, but the damage suggests to me that it was flipped sideways over the groyne. Maybe by a wave, rather than a person. (or creature)
https://www.amazon.com/Creature-Bla...to/dp/B06X9YN85K#immersive-view_1508651275786
c85cb3a46556cf06f618d50d4d4a9d9a.jpg

https://www.westpix.com.au/results.asp?txtkeys1=groyne

afe182a59fbcc6f24db16ccc483e89e5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics