Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like the drainage pipe on the opposite side of the road. I can't locate the one near the tent, but I'm still looking!

https://earth.app.goo.gl/9JUV
09aba06294db32eeb3282e2f9e23e012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think this phone pic is the culvert near the blue tent? Link to show culvert and where the tent is (between wood electrical pole and tree): https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@32.9...4!1s-jjwWyZHkracU1zLU4j23g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I think this phone pic is the culvert near the blue tent? Link to show culvert and where the tent is (between wood electrical pole and tree): https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@32.9...4!1s-jjwWyZHkracU1zLU4j23g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Here are a few more pics.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/R...ference-in-Sherin-Mathews-Case-452304543.html

https://earth.app.goo.gl/EJcd
827199aacda4f47e0ff71d3cb7eb669c.jpg
b9e74f630948513975bb77e3d521358a.jpg
1d4714994f4df996abff68e840c2fe17.jpg

Strange, my circles moved when I saved the pic.
Anyway, now I see both sides.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This thread will be closing shortly. Thread number 4 will be ready to go in a bit

I will be bringing over the latest posts about the news of Sherin possibly found

What did they say? I missed the presser.

Transcript and link below [emoji106]

Today's 2:30 p.m. presser by the Richardson PD spokesman (I didn't catch his name). Hope this is helpful. I learned a few more details during the transcription. Please pardon any spelling errors/typos. I welcome any and all corrections!

Here we go:

It’s with a heavy heart that we’ve all been called here today. Since the time Sharin Matthews was reported missing on Saturday morning October 7th, the Richardson Police Department and several other law enforcement entities have been working 24/7 to locate her.

Today at approximately 11 a.m., during one of those search operations, the body of a small child was discovered in the area of east Spring Valley Road and south Bowser (Mowser?) (? I think that’s what he said.) Road.

The area has been blocked off as a crime scene. We are awaiting the FBI’s evidence recovery team to respond and process the area. At this time, I want to let you know that a positive identification has not yet been made. The ME’s office will need to respond and take custody of the body to try to make a positive identification of the body and try to determine the exact cause of death.

Because of this, the area being marked off as a crime scene, there’s going to be some disruption to the neighborhood. We ask those who are just concerned or bystanders to try to stay out of that neighborhood and allow those neighbors privacy.

There is a staging are that we set up for the media. That staging area will be there at Bowser(Mowser?), I’m sorry — at Spring Valley and Town House, just west of the location.

I’ll take a few questions right now, but it’s only going to be a very limited amount of questions I’m going to take.

Q: (Can’t her it on my little speakers.)
A: No one has been arrested yet. We are still trying to make a positive identification on the body.

Q: (Same. Crosstalk. Something about notification process.)
A: Notification has gone to the parents, so that notification has been made.

Q: Since notification has gone to the parents, is there any reason to believe it is not that girl? Are there any other reports of missing children or anything?
A: Well the indications are that it is most likely her. However, we do not have a positive ID. So until we have a positive identification, we are not going to say that is is Sherin.

Q: Are her parents cooperating? Have you spoken to them again?
A: We have not done anything other than make notification to the parents.

Q: (crosstalk) Have the police searched this area before?
A: There are many areas that we searched. Like I said, today is just another day of continuous searching that we’ve been doing since October the 7th.

Q: (unintelligible)
A: It was in a culvert beneath the road that we found the body.

Q: What led you to search that area?
A: Just as the investigation continues to unfold, more and more stuff came to the surface. We followed up on that and it led to the search of that area with K9s and that that’s how we came across the body.

Q: How long had you been searching that property where the body was found?
A: We’ve been searching since early this morning and they found it around 11 o’clock.

Q: How far away was if from that home —
A: I don’t know for sure how far that was —
Q: I mean, was it within walking distance for a 3-year-old?
A: It depends upon the condition of the child.

Q: Without going into any more details, (something about searching around the college) Was there anything found in connection there? Anything that you can tell —
A: As I say, as this investigation continued to evolve, there were more and more areas of interest that we had, and we continued to search those areas, eliminating them as we went along.

That’s all I’ve got for now, OK. Thank you all very much.

[emoji202]MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member