Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it is the wrong time to be asking for the bio child back when they have not long since found sherin. I would have thought a postponement would have been appropriate in the circumstances. I really hope she doesn't regain custody.

I think perhaps the hearing is required by law for any removal.

Ok, I don't understand this business about them searching there before...what does this mean?? So, either he moved her with his tracker on, or someone else placed her there? Or she was just not seen when they searched before? This is troublesome.

It is absolutely tragic and horrendous that Sherin has been found dead in a culvert. She looked such a happy young girl.

Rest In Peace Sherin.

Here is how Jose Baez might try to spin it:

Strict but caring Father puts child on a Time Out, behind their home. Odd by US standards but within cultural norms of his childhood/hometown.

Crazy psycho neighbor kidnaps child after Father walks away. Keeps her captive for a few days, then after area is searched, he places her there, in effort to frame the father.

(O/T, this sounds similar to the approach in Becky Bletsch's murder trial, (serial killer JW), I actually posted last night how does this defense attorney sleep at night!)

Ok, I don't understand this business about them searching there before...what does this mean?? So, either he moved her with his tracker on, or someone else placed her there? Or she was just not seen when they searched before? This is troublesome.

It is very troublesome. I believe LE knows a lot, and expected this. Perhaps they found evidence in the other big searches they did, which let them to believe the body had been moved, and led them back to places they had already searched. Just IMO.

I so hope you are right. I was waiting on a postponement. This is awful. Who spoke up for Sherin? No one but strangers. Sherin's precious sister deserves better than to go back there.

CPS would be "speaking for" the sibling in the sense of reporting on why she was removed and reporting on how she is doing currently, etc. In all likelihood there is also a Guardian Ad Litem, or Court Appointed Special Advocate to represent the child and their interests, as they are not necessarily the same as either CPS or the parents.

I wondered if she wasn't in far but he rain may have moved her further in or to the other side. I know I read somewhere there was evidence on both sides.
Another gruesome, but possible, thought. Dad may have put her body there as far as he could and then used something (stick, pole, huge wooden spoon hanging a wall) to further push her back. She was so tiny it wouldn't take much of a push. I know..such a morbid thought and I'm sorry for thinking it, but in a panic to hide her body, he would have resorted to anything. The culvert opening does look small. moo

They had court today to try to re-gain custody of their 4 yr. old in CPS custody. I hope they don't re-gain custody until they get the medical examiners findings.

It is very troublesome. I believe LE knows a lot, and expected this. Perhaps they found evidence in the other big searches they did, which let them to believe the body had been moved, and led them back to places they had already searched. Just IMO.

Boy oh boy, I don't know what this means yet exactly, but it is huge I think.

I'd be curious to know what type of ankle monitor he had. Some have navigation and the persons whereabouts can be mapped but others simply go off if you leave the house. In the latter, permission is sometimes given to go to work, doctor appts, etc.,court, so there is basically no monitoring at those times. I hope he had GPS monitoring.

I'm willing to bet that whether he had GPS monitoring or not on the ankle bracelet, both he and his wife have been under constant surveillance. They'd be idiots not to have been watching them.

Editing to add that I'm not accusing the mom, but it's likely she would try to search and would know places her husband may have gone, so watching her as well as him would be smart.

Another gruesome, but possible, thought. Dad may have put her body there as far as he could and then used something (stick, pole, huge wooden spoon hanging a wall) to further push her back. She was so tiny it wouldn't take much of a push. I know..such a morbid thought and I'm sorry for thinking it, but in a panic to hide her body, he would have resorted to anything. The culvert opening does look small. moo

I thought the very same. Wondering what items were on the Costco receipt, dated Oct. 5, if memory serves? Costco receipt was listed on evidence in SUV gathered by LE. Of course, that would be sickeningly premeditated.

I think little Sherin was in life loved by many, likely even her father. Sadly, love is not enough to prevent either stupidity or cruelty.

Not only was she beloved (according to Indian journalistic reports) by personnel in the orphanage where she lived, but also by members of her church family, and her adoptive family, which included a sibling.

Not wanting to be argumentative, as I also understand the feelings of many who have been (self included) hooked by this story. But today I am also thinking about the older sibling, who has been uprooted and plunged into what must be incredibly confusing. I haven't yet seen definitively what happened in court this morning (although I haven't read through this whole thread yet), but saw something unofficial about a new court date having been set. While LE moves forward in piecing together the evidence to arrive at a better notion of what brought about Sherin's death and how she made it into that culvert, other real human beings are tasked with deciding the best course of action for another child. Neither social workers nor judges are psychic. But certainly we all wish that someone had been able to foretell and prevent what happened to Sherin. And it is certainly appropriate to ask if something might have been missed, ignored, downplayed or even covered-up by any who came in contact. But sometimes we just don't know. And yet, decisions must be made and lives lived. And we cannot always protect all of our children.

Maybe I should have wrote it better. I meant that she wasn't loved by the people that should - her parents. I don't know if I wrote this poorly but this wasn't an attack on anyone in Sherin's life. It was that she was let own by all 4 of her parents and now she's gone and we can't turn back the clock to extract her from any of those situations.

I apologize if it across like that.

Good Grief!! Whatever happened to standing in the corner as a means of punishment if, indeed, punishment was even needed?

I don't think him putting her out at 3am in the dark by a tree ever happened!
He made that up!

I think if you put a 3 yr old out in the dark alone she would CRY!

I think WM likely moved her body and his location of being very close to home and maybe even two or three locations is likely what tipped them off to this location. Let's say for example that what they found in their searches last week by the college did have things there. He could have decided that was too close for comfort and went and collected her and moved her to this other location in the night. I thought from day one that LE only allowed him out with an ankle monitor and not house arrest etc for the purpose of him leading them to the body, and I feel that this is exactly what happened.

That said, if she was passed off or "rehomed" like some of us had hoped/suspected, maybe that person panicked with home much media attention this was getting, killed her in the last few days and wanted to put her somewhere she would be found quickly, and chose this spot because it is close to home and would hopefully deflect their guilt onto WM?

Whatever caused her dead, whenever her TOD and whether or not someone else caused it, unless they find evidence saying that WM's story was a complete lie and he didn't endanger her and she had been kidnapped or something, I feel like in my eyes he will always be the one responsible for her death because he is the one who endangered her...

It broke my heart to see the pics of the parents in court today, they allegedly just found out their daughter was dead, not even a full 24 hours before, and there didn't seem to be any show of emotion.

When my teenage cousin was missing for 3 days and then found dead less than a mile from home, my aunt was so distraught that she had to be sedated, anger and rage flew for years afterwards, and those three days he was missing were so painful that even though I was only 9, I remember it all with extreme clarity... The house was FULL of family, friends, church members and so on while he was being looked for, and afterwards... I know every body is different, but the differences are sooo incredibly in your face :(

CPS would be "speaking for" the sibling in the sense of reporting on why she was removed and reporting on how she is doing currently, etc. In all likelihood there is also a Guardian Ad Litem, or Court Appointed Special Advocate to represent the child and their interests, as they are not necessarily the same as either CPS or the parents.

I know who is speaking for the sibling. My question was, who spoke up for Sherin? My point was that her parents did not. Sherin's sister deserves more stability before she goes back to people who couldn't speak up for their youngest.

Has anyone brought up the civil suit the parents are involved in from a car accident? WM was driving w/o license and hit someone allegedly causing injury to the sum of $100000 to $200000. Thats a lot of stress. The link to search the courthttps://courtsportal.dallascounty.org/DALLASPROD/Home/Dashboard/26

I think its possible the police searched that area on day 1 and missed her being there, especially if there was trash/rocks, etc in the culvert too. Perhaps whoever was searching that area(if they didn't search with dogs) had it in their head that they were looking for a lost little girl, not a dead one and missed a covered up body. Just because they searched the area on day one and didn't find her, doesn't mean she wasn't there.

Thank you, for those keeping us updated!

I suspect a lot will happen in the next two weeks, that will determine the custody issue permanently. IMO, I am not worried about the parents getting the 4 year old back.

JMO

I would be VERY surprised to see a permanent resolution as quickly as 2 weeks. First off, CPS/Courts simply don't move that fast. Even if there were to be definitive proof of some kind available during that time frame to either clear Mom of any and all suspicion (recalling that she is currently not even a POI regarding Sherin), or alternatively to accuse her of something, there would be all kinds of processes to go through to determine the best needs of the older child, to create a care plan that moves from the current situation (an emergency foster care placement) to a permanent (or semi-permanent) placement of some kind which MIGHT (or might not) include termination of parental rights. Even the incarceration of a parent does not necessarily permanently revoke any and all parental rights. I have a friend who fostered her niece and nephew when her sister was in jail. I have known a lot of grandparents who provided kinship care for grandchilden while the generation in between struggled with a variety of life circumstances.

I would wager that if anyone were to ask the sibling what she wants at present, she would say she wants to go home. And by home she would most likely mean back to Mom/Dad/Sherin in their house. Now we know that parts of what she wants will never be possible. The question before the court will be whether any of that will ever be possible, or wise.

(RSBM) It broke my heart to see the pics of the parents in court today, they allegedly just found out their daughter was dead, not even a full 24 hours before, and there didn't seem to be any show of emotion.

When my teenage cousin was missing for 3 days and then found dead less than a mile from home, my aunt was so distraught that she had to be sedated, anger and rage flew for years afterwards, and those three days he was missing were so painful that even though I was only 9, I remember it all with extreme clarity... The house was FULL of family, friends, church members and so on while he was being looked for, and afterwards... I know every body is different, but the differences are sooo incredibly in your face :(

IMO, Sherin's mom looked like a shell of herself. How she moved and held herself reminds me of women who have been terribly treated and dehumanized and controlled. When I saw her, I felt so sad for her. How difficult it must have been to be in that court room with WM, even with the protection of lawyers. Just my opinion, based off of MSM video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value