Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

Wait, on second look I was wrong. John Doe was found in 2015-- 2 years BEFORE Xin Rong went missing. So it can't be him. :facepalm:

OH darn~~didn't see that~~thanks for pointing that out Gardener. I was thinking he ended up in the lake more like from an accident or something like that~~but~~you are right~~no tattoo's in the picture (thanks for finding that one, I was looking for one to confirm) and the timing is off as well.

How about this guy? Just posting him up because of the tattoo, I haven't done any research on him~~just found him and thought to post.

"The most recognizable is his 330 on his left hand and rose on his neck"

Sonenoy Sa-von Rassavong.

Refresh my memory where was the 330 tattoo?

I can't seem to find out when he went missing~~and~~he is not in NamUs with the last name Rassavong.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-OHMY.jpg
    Capture-OHMY.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 133
I think Sonenoy Rassavong looks like a good potential match. The only tattoos listed for him there aren't matching on the UID (no hand or neck tattoos listed) but even with those pictures of the UID we don't know about decomp on the areas not shown so it's possible the UID has more tattoos we don't know about. Obviously Sonenoy has more than the two specifically listed but I couldn't do a direct comparison with the UID because the only images out there of Sonenoy are really low quality. I would be curious how long ago he went missing -if it's really recent that could be a rule out.

I found Sonenoy's facebook. It hasn't been active in years but I noticed he has a friend whose profile pic is the Ohio 'O' with the pot leaf just like one of the UID's tattoos. I'm not sure how popular that graphic though. The circumstances (last seen leaving rehab) also seem really fitting. If Sonenoy isn't a match he's likely got a similar lifestyle with this UID.

I sent a FB message to the Cincinnati Ohio Missing Person's FB page to see if they could post the info on the UID on their page in the hopes of someone identifying him. I mentioned the 330, assuming it was an area code and they replied "the 330 is in reference to John the Baptist 3:30 "He must become greater; I must become less" which would follow the other tats he has...not an area code."

OH~~~NamUs has the UID listed as a "White Male" not Asian.

Good catch! That's strange. With Sonenoy listed as Asian/American I don't know if that means biracial or that he's ethnically Asian and a US native... If this UID could be White that would open up the possibility for a lot more potential matches.

Personally I don't agree with FB contact thinking the meaning of the 330 tattoo is biblical. There's no colon in it like the John the Baptiste number and the style of it to me just fits more with an area code tattoo. I could be wrong but I still think it's more likely an area code reference, especially with the skyline and "Rubber City Boy" right by it. Plus there's the "Cleveland 216" on his other arm.

Another message on FB. "Well sounds like he was from Northern Ohio which is about 4 hours away from Cincinnati...if he is from Cleveland you might want to have this share in the Michigan area as Cleveland sits right on the border of Michigan and Lake Michigan which is where he was found...."

OH~~~NamUs has the UID listed as a "White Male" not Asian.

Wow, that sure opens up more people to look at. They also do not estimate his height on NamUs and the age range is different: 24 - 40. I wonder why the news article said he was Asian? NamUs has not been updated since July 2017. The news article from Oct of this year is more recent. I wonder if the Asian description was an update or an error by the paper? :thinking:

I realized that leaf on the Ohio 'O' tattoo isn't actually a pot leaf although confusion over that is common :laugh:: https://www.usatoday.com/story/game...-over-sticker-confused-for-marijuana/1923475/ I guess I'm so used to the Canadian flag with the maple leaf replaced with a marijuana leaf I assumed it was something like that.

While I obviously have very little familiarity with Ohio I am drawn to this case because my family is half Asian and there aren't too many Asian UID's out there. I think both of Gardener's theories about this guy's racial confusion could be correct. IMO the recon looks very Japanese (especially the nose) but I believe there is a large Hmong population in the area and Sonenoy appears to be Laotian (or half White half Laotian).

Looking through the parole violators at large for Ohio I found a Vietnamese guy, Thanh Tran who has compelling circumstances https://appgateway.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSearch/Search/PvalDetails/A524360?ltr=T He's wanted for drug charges from Medina County, which is just West of Akron and Cleveland. He would have been 41 when the UID was found although he looks older than the recon.
attachment.php
IMO the resemblance isn't great but I'm sharing because the circumstances fit -released from custody in late April 2015. Looking at what little there is there his haircut makes me think he might not be Americanized enough for the tattoos on the UID but it's hard to tell from only a little headshot.

Attachments

• Lake_Michigan_Doe_Thanh_Tran.jpg
    Lake_Michigan_Doe_Thanh_Tran.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 124
What’s that guys name? 330 def does not reference the Bible passage. This guy had Christian based tattoos so it would have said 3:30 not 330. He can not be Sonenoy because he went missing from rehab back in Sept. I think he is listed as Asian American either one because he’s mixed or his ethnicity is Asian but he was raised in the US. There was a news article listing our UP at 5’8 124lbs I believe. Again back to that pic I really did not see how they determined Asian but I assumed there was possibly something making them think it was possible. I do think Sonenoy fb and friends list is a good area to start looking. I combed for a long time last night and found a tattoo artist from back then who had a cross that looked a lot like our UPs. I messaged him in hopes of a response but his fb has not been active for quite sometime so I guess I will have to wait and see.

Nm I see Thanh Tran but I’m not seeing where he is wanted bg police?

It's not at all uncommon for information to change as investigation develops, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was initially thought to be white and then when the reconstruction was done, detailed inspection of the skull revealed more Asian characteristics. Race is such an amorphous concept in the first place and so many people in the US have mixed ancestry that I guess it's really no more than a guideline. And very few missing people have information about their ancestry listed in their missing persons information. Mixed parents, maybe, but no farther back. (And some people just don't know. My black daughter-in-law was shocked to find out one of her grandparents was white.)

If the reconstruction is accurate, he definitely has some Asian-appearing features, particularly the high flat cheekbones. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to say Asian, or any Asian subgroup, on his information.

Has anyone noticed above his NFL it looks like a number or something directly above it. I think it says 23218 maybe?

What’s that guys name? 330 def does not reference the Bible passage. This guy had Christian based tattoos so it would have said 3:30 not 330. He can not be Sonenoy because he went missing from rehab back in Sept. I think he is listed as Asian American either one because he’s mixed or his ethnicity is Asian but he was raised in the US. There was a news article listing our UP at 5’8 124lbs I believe. Again back to that pic I really did not see how they determined Asian but I assumed there was possibly something making them think it was possible. I do think Sonenoy fb and friends list is a good area to start looking. I combed for a long time last night and found a tattoo artist from back then who had a cross that looked a lot like our UPs. I messaged him in hopes of a response but his fb has not been active for quite sometime so I guess I will have to wait and see.

I couldn't tell when Sonenoy went missing so thank you for that info. It does rule him out but I think the similarities with his tattoos could mean he's in a similar circle of friends with this UP. I'm hoping that tattoo artist gets back to you. I wonder if he has a second facebook under an alias that was used more recently or other social media.

Has anyone noticed above his NFL it looks like a number or something directly above it. I think it says 23218 maybe?
You don't mean the evidence number on the tag, do you? I can't make out anything on his arm.

Okay, found it.

And that's the first time I've really looked at the woman's face. Very strange. It looks like she has sawed-off horns?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I can't really read anything there but to me it looks like there is writing on the woman's cheek, like a signature or a name there. Looks like it starts with a D. Also kind of looks like writing on one of the eyes. I wonder if the writing was part of an older one he was in the process of covering up. Under the Rubber City Boy skyline tat there is a faint shape of what looks like an eye in a similar style to the woman's face. Perhaps there was another face there he covered with the city skyline?

There does look to be something on one of her eyelids. That tattoo the MOB looks much older. Also the shape in the center of the cross? Also on his badly damaged arm there appears to be a few shapes. I see Aries symbol, a Star of David, and another shape I think may be a constellation?

There does look to be something on one of her eyelids. That tattoo the MOB looks much older. Also the shape in the center of the cross? Also on his badly damaged arm there appears to be a few shapes. I see Aries symbol, a Star of David, and another shape I think may be a constellation?

I noticed the Aries symbol too and it looks like a jumping ram over the symbol and possibly the number 87 on the body of the ram. Aries could narrow down his birthday to between March 20 and April 19. Could he have been born in 1987? That would make him abt 28 in 2015.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back