Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip side, why would two gun toting kidnappers release someone they kidnapped and beat up over the course of 22 days. Why wouldn't they kill her? If SPs story is true, it seems like the younger one had no problem possibly killing her older accomplice, so why would she hesitate to kill SP?

Wasn't the other female who had been kidnapped from her home, held, and assaulted also dropped off by her kidnapper miles away from her home? I cant recall her name at the moment but it was the case where the majority believed it was all a hoax.

I am sure there have been other kidnapping cases where the victim wasn't murdered and may have been let go later on.

IMO

BBM. Maybe I'm overthinking this, or maybe KP left something out, but this doesn't really add up to me. I-5 North is just the northbound lanes of I-5. You can't "live" at I-5 North. She could be in Seattle or in San Diego and there would be I-5 North signs. If all she saw was signs for I-5 then how would she know that her home was to the north?

This part I can clear up. If you use google maps to 'stand' on that particular overpass, there is a large highway sign visible saying "Redding, North" on one side and a large sign saying "Sacramento" pointing in the opposite direction on the other side.

Well that’s a bombshell IMO!! Does trauma erase prior memories? Drug use certainly would.

I don't know what LE is implying, but I know from my personal experience that my memory of details before traumatic events in my life is acute. I remember minor details of what I was doing the day of 9/11, the day each of my parents died, the night I was in a bad car accident, the day some dramatic things happened in the neighborhood, etc. Before each of these events, my day was so ordinary, but I recall the details.

Not that it means anything, I'm just thinking aloud.

jmo

With regard to the other CA case which turned out to not be a hoax. Wow, no wonder LE is being cagey about this one after Vallejo police really screwed up theirs. What a bizarre case. Note the boyfriend was also drugged, bound and assaulted in the home. Also, Huskins was sexually assaulted multiple times (there is video evidence of this) and dropped off only 2 days later.

The most crazy part is the perpetrator contacting a journalist twice via email to protest that Huskins was telling the truth and being mistreated by police.

http://fox8.com/2015/07/14/not-a-hoax-after-all-bizarre-twist-in-kidnapping-case/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-california-couple-kidnapping-20170316-story.html

http://people.com/crime/investigator-explains-surveillance-video-sherri-papini-before-she-was-found/

So Jackson says they released the video now in order to "jog some memories". How exactly is that going to happen from what we see on that video? "Oh, you know what, I was driving by that morning. I,too, saw a woman running and flailing her arms." I don't see how it's going to be of any help. If someone actually witnessed her getting out of a car on the side of the interstate at 4 am, I'm pretty sure they don' t need their memory jogged.

And if they saw a van stopped on the road a year ago, but didn't think much of it, too late. No way will they NOW remember. This seems ridiculous.

I always took that to mean that the act of branding another human is a message of possession or property in and of itself. Or of degradation.

All very good points. The phone and neatly coiled earbuds is what I continue to struggle with. I would think that SP and KP would want to explain that detail if there is a reasonable explanation. It’s such a sticking point in the abduction story, but there may be a simple reason. Was it Sherri who put the phone down that way or someone else? Did KP pick it up and absent mindedly coil the cord? Whose fingerprints are on the phone?

I realize that at a certain point we have to keep coming up with so many explanations to make the inconsistencies fit a kidnapping scenario. However, I never believed the husband's story that he found the phone in that condition and took a picture of it before picking it up.

I think there were issues in that marriage and I think that he was trying to catch her doing something so he immediately scrolled through that phone before he did anything else.

As someone mentioned up thread
I don't recall KP ever saying he called his wife's phone
He said he used find my phone or whatever

I would absolutely call first even though i live in a location with spotty service, I would call first.

Anyone else?

I always took that to mean that the act of branding another human is a message of possession or property in and of itself. Or of degradation.

I realize that at a certain point we have to keep coming up with so many explanations to make the inconsistencies fit a kidnapping scenario. However, I never believe the husband story that he found the phone in that condition and took a picture of it before picking it up.

I think there were issues in that marriage and I think that he was trying to catch her doing something so he immediately scrolled through that phone before he did anything else.

He was talking about it being a message as opposed to a symbol, so he must have been talking about the brand itself.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/newly-released-video-shows-california-mom-sherri-papini-51009648

Matt Guttman now saying the brand is a "cluster of letters" on her shoulder.

Wth. Who carries around a brand like that?

Wasn't the other female who had been kidnapped from her home, held, and assaulted also dropped off by her kidnapper miles away from her home? I cant recall her name at the moment but it was the case where the majority believed it was all a hoax.

I am sure there have been other kidnapping cases where the victim wasn't murdered and may have been let go later on.

IMO

Besides ransom cases the only other kidnapping where a person is let go alive, involve domestic violence hostage situations or sexual assault kidnappings. None of that applied here.

Yes, the Denise Huskins kidnapping case occurred and it was bizarre. It involved a crazy person who fancied himself some underworld character.

However, that case involved a ransom demand. AND sexual assault.

And just because there was one case that involved a kidnapping which most thought was a hoax but wasn't, doesn't mean a rule is created that we can logically apply to this one.

The odds of two cases involving bizarre facts, that people thought got were hoaxes but weren't, both within months of each other in the same state? I wouldn't take that bet.

Can someone clarify about the phone being shut off? I’m confused about that but have only read bits and pieces that people have commented on. How could he call or track her if her phone was shut off at noon? Do they mean shut off by the phone company for non payment, meaning she could still use it with WiFi, or she powered it off?

He was talking about it being a message as opposed to a symbol, so he must have been talking about the brand itself.

The act of branding is a message. It sends a message. It doesn't matter what the brand itself reflects. The message is you're owned.

If anything, I think the video supports Sherri's abduction story.

Can someone clarify about the phone being shut off? I’m confused about that but have only read bits and pieces that people have commented on. How could he call or track her if her phone was shut off at noon? Do they mean shut off by the phone company for non payment, meaning she could still use it with WiFi, or she powered it off?

I always took that to mean that after noon, there was no one activity form of the phone. Meaning no texts and no calls.

If anything, I think the video supports Sherri's abduction story.

Well it supports her account of her release at least. Partially. IMO Nothing in the video contradicts what she purportedly stated occurred when she was released.

That being said, the release of that video isn't going to "jog" anyone's memory. How could it?

Did someone do a google earth map of the video showing Sherri running to the front of the JW Kingdom Hall, and then running back? A map which includes the on ramp and side streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa