Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.29.17 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the spliff I keep reading about? What does it mean in context with Laura’s trial? TIA.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the AM of July 4 2012, DM texted MS - "Rolled my first spliff today"

This was the day after LB is alleged to have been murdered. Text message from MS "I'm getting tar ready". (some thought this referenced drugs, but I think otherwise)
Shortly following that, on July 4, DM's phone took a picture of something rolled up in the blue tarp, which had the shape and size of a human body, photo was geo-referenced to be taken at the Roseville Rd farm. Later, MS texted DM "How's the spliff?"

Inference is that the "spliff" was code for LB rolled in the tarp. Like a spliff, rolled before burned.
And, akin to hash oil spread on a rolling paper, smearing the tarp with tar prior to rolling, would assist in sealing the body.
It would be surprising if DM rolled his first joint in 2012. It would be odd for MS to ask, that much later, "How's the spliff", if it were an actual joint. Perhaps "How was the spliff?"

Crown simply included these references as digital evidence, then let the jury make the connections

It looks like MS and DM are still buddies, as the jury was leaving MS turned around and grinned at DM, today ugh, I guess no remorse at all.

You will see upthread that one of our members was in court today and saw MS smiling, but it wasn’t at DM. He was smiling happily at someone else in the courtroom. Perhaps a friend?

In the AM of July 4 2012, DM texted MS - "Rolled my first spliff today"

This was the day after LB is alleged to have been murdered. Text message from MS "I'm getting tar ready". (some thought this referenced drugs, but I think otherwise)
Shortly following that, on July 4, DM's phone took a picture of something rolled up in the blue tarp, which had the shape and size of a human body, photo was geo-referenced to be taken at the Roseville Rd farm. Later, MS texted DM "How's the spliff?"

Inference is that the "spliff" was code for LB rolled in the tarp. Like a spliff, rolled before burned.
And, akin to hash oil spread on a rolling paper, smearing the tarp with tar prior to rolling, would assist in sealing the body.
It would be surprising if DM rolled his first joint in 2012. It would be odd for MS to ask, that much later, "How's the spliff", if it were an actual joint. Perhaps "How was the spliff?"

Crown simply included these references as digital evidence, then let the jury make the connections

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all this to me. I never would have associated spliff with the rolled up blue tarp.

He had already successfully bought one in the past and there is nothing to suggest DM was actively shopping in June. MWJ explicitly said “hey haven’t heard from you in a while” or something to that effect. To me this was MWJ trying to make money off a guy who had had interest in the past. It’s iffy as the murder weapon anyway, and extra iffy as part of a grand plan considering it just kind of fell into his lap.

This cold call you’re referring to was made June 13, than there’s nothing again until Jul 2, and from that point it seems Dm is getting increasingly impatient with isho. I notice we see texts from Isho to Dm, but not too many replies from DM to Isho...maybe calls him on the phone instead.
One of the texts that Isho sent DM that sticks out to me is “Ur actin like thers a prob when there’s not. So just stop.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82