Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That presser was not what I was expecting; what is going on at the bridge?

We're looking for you, sweetheart!!

I didn’t see it all but caught the last 5 minutes ... seemed like another exercise in psychological pressure for the guilty. FBI logos & shiny badges on show, listing resources - more resources to come. Choppering evidence to quantico .... all adds up to a pretty intimidating ‘we are coming for you’ to the people responsible.

People can blast on the Sheriff all they want, but I'm glad for some of his demeanor. Sometimes the media does push in order to try for that one little slip up. About time someone brought up the idea of, "if you respect this line, I may give you something back across that line."

Between the technical difficulties and the halting, poor spokespersons, this presser was a mess (other ones were not great either)! I do wish them all the best in their search, though, of course. I've read that the sheriff is quite experienced, but he sure can't speak well.

I still think it's telling they need to verify the timeline for over the weekend. If they believe the abduction theory there would be no desperate need to find out what was happening on the days before the said abduction. Clearly something doesn't add up!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So nothing really new to report except that they are allowing community volunteers to search tomorrow.

The more time that passes...the more I worry that they won't find her at all.

We've all been there one time or more. Very active search, nothing, everybody gone. Sigh.

I'm not even sure anymore. when they were searching the home and they found evidence in the back of the house I'm not sure who reported that - news or FB. and they took the trash can. I might even be confusing it with evidence from the Seminole Heights killer - my short term memory is not great.
Did they say that at the presser? or is that rumor?

Sheriff blabbering again. This guy is awful. The media is allowed to ask questions, though LE doesn't have to respond.

Blabbering? Man. This is a tough room. I see nothing but professionalism from this man. I understood every single thing he said. He gives more patient explanations than most, understanding that the public has a lot of questions. E calmly explains hat he can't compromise the investigation.

This man seems to know what he's doing. I don't get the criticism.

"We have to make sure we do everything right because we only get one shot at it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. They know what they're doing.

It can be tough because people who have had bad experiences with LE in the past are not very eager to speak to cops and investigators. Obviously everyone should be focused on helping to find Mariah but some people may be more worried about an open (unrelated) warrant or potential charge for themselves.

I also think the public is now familiar with the legal process and don't want to have trial hanging over their heads for the next two years. Uggg.

It's a jungle out there.

My feed keeps skipping/dropping. Thanks to everyone who continued to transcribe.

Just want to say, it's very concerning LE have not made contact will ALL neighbors yet. JMO. Are there certain people who are avoiding the police? :scared:
I wonder if people in the neighborhood might have warrants or something. Perhaps they have nothing to do with Mariah, but are worried about being arrested on outstanding warrants.

I'm so sad she hasn't been found. I don't want this to be like Deorr and many other little ones who have not been located.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sounds like there are neighbors who have not been cooperating - cover up? fear of bf? sounds like they still don't have info on whether Mariah was actually seen at home on Sunday.

I have some experience with trailer park folks both in NJ and Texas. They share some cultural characteristics with inner-city communities, in this instance I'm referring to the code of the street known as "snitches get stitches." Honor and integrity is very important to them even if that "integrity" hampers police efforts to find a killer or missing child. Talking to the police is a serious cultural taboo. This mind set is one of the reasons why it's so difficult to solve crimes, particularly murders, in inner-city, low socio-economic areas.

I wonder if people in the neighborhood might have warrants or something. Perhaps they have nothing to do with Mariah, but are worried about being arrested on outstanding warrants.

I'm so sad she hasn't been found. I don't want this to be like Deorr and many other little ones who have not been located.

Would imagine some of those RSO’s in the area might be feeling shy.

So, Sheriff says the family is cooperating. To me, that could mean someone NOT the family is not cooperating. The boyfriend isn't family...
Eh... They've said that in a lot of cases, when they knew the parents were lying. I don't necessarily think the entire family is being helpful.

they did say multiple times that they are adding resources and expanding the search area and will continue to do so.
Yeah why didn't one reporter say, "Uh, there are tons of vehicles, a huge LE presence from several agencies and crime scene tape up at the bridge. What's up with that?"

I'm almost sure that it was reported after the search of the house and was hoping someone with a better memory for links might post it. Does no one remember what was reported when they were locating items behind the trailer that first day or two?
If you can't find a MSM source for it, please don't post it here. Rumors are against the rules here.

I think cooperating only means they haven't hired a lawyer and stopped talking to LE.
Eh... They've said that in a lot of cases, when they knew the parents were lying. I don't necessarily think the entire family is being helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member