Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but I would be more than willing to help the bio Dad to retain a lawyer so he can be represented in court to gain custody of his children. The legal arena is viscous without fair representation.

IMO I doubt he will need help getting custody when this is solved

Did anyone hear in the interview of the mother, that she had her tubes tied before she got pregnant with Mariah? Just saying.

Sadly, my gut feeling is the same. I was thinking of the Rainn Peterson case earlier, trying to remain hopeful. She disappeared from her grandparents' home in Ohio and was missing 2 days before miraculously being found by a searcher a quarter mile from the home in an area of tall grass that had been previously searched. There is still suspicion around her disappearance after spending 2 days in the rain and cold temps and making a full recovery. DNA testing was done on a cigarette butt and partially eaten apple found near her, but never led to anything. I wish Mariah's case had the same sense of urgency and the public was invited to search from the onset. But as you noted, I believe LE must have their reasons based on what they've already uncovered. I'm still praying for the same miracle for Mariah. IMO, whenever there are custody issues, the list of possible scenarios and players seems to multiply. Not pointing any fingers, just thinking anything could be possible.

If they are just organizing civilian searches they must have exhausted the areas they thought might produce evidence. They had LE, FBI, Marines, divers etc. I guess what I am trying to say is that when you have a large group of well meaning community folk, they might be eager to help but could potentially trample on evidence get in the way, and maybe even compromise the investigation.

My opinion is that they already have something substantial that was sent to Quantico. Now, they are looking for a body. Hope I am wrong.

Ashleigh Banfield is covering Mariah's story in a few mins on HLN.

IMO I doubt he will need help getting custody when this is solved

Your right, but if only person is charged then there are still legal problems. All kids deserve a chance and stability and these kids have been put through the ringer.

I'm gonna guess you're not from the south. Southerners can have a difficult time pronouncing unusual names that are not common to their neck of the woods. To us Mariah seems pretty run of the mill but that is not a common southern name. I can understand his flubbing it. Just to share a personal example. My first name is pretty straightforward to pronounce, it's Dominic. I went to college in Texas and had several professors who were die hard Texans, thick twang and all and they couldn't pronounce my name for god, love or money, they kept calling me Dominique. I was constantly correcting them and they just couldn't get their mouth to say Dominic with a hard /k/ sound at the end. I finally got frustrated to the point that I told them to just call me Nick.

Same with one of our grandkids. I had a bit of trouble having the name roll of the tongue, but my s/o could NOT say the child's first name to save their soul. It was kinda funny. It was so bad, that we began calling the little fella by her middle name (although her first name was not weird, at all, just kinda different). She's gone by her middle name, ever since.

You're not the first person to say this. Unless of course you've said it before on this thread lol. I can't remember who has said it.

Every time the mother has spoken publicly I have been reminded immediately of Susan Smith. I'm not sure why. It's not the content, but, maybe, mannerisms. IDK.

I told my father the day it happened that she put those boys in a lake somewhere. Still don’t know why I came up with that scenario but I knew she had done something terrible to those precious boys.
I didn't.
I do now especially after hearing Mariah's father on Nancy Grace. What kind of mother does not call the father when their child is missing?
That whole interview just says so much.
I was willing to give the benefit of a doubt. When watching mom plea for Mariah. But now I know why I got that ????? vibe.
That was hard to listen to the father explain how he heard the Amber alert on the radio at work.

I told my father the day it happened that she put those boys in a lake somewhere. Still don’t know why I came up with that scenario but I knew she had done something terrible to those precious boys.

I saw Susan Smith on TV early in the morning. I said to my husband.."she killed the kids" Who gets up with 2 missing boys and takes the time to "doll-up" and put bows in her hair.?

Ashley banfield reporting that evidence was flown to quantico on an osprey.

Objects to be tested were flown to Quantico by Osprey helicopter. WOW.

Per HLN (live now)

Just saying what? Not trying to be smart.....just wondering what your line of thinking is here. That maybe she wasn't wanted?

That's what I'm thinking. If someone wanted more children, they wouldn't have their tubes tied... well, unless they were told that getting pregnant would pose a serious threat to the mother's life. I think someone snapped and lost it with the poor child.

This is reminding me so much of the Jordan Ann Dumont case. I’m praying this one turns out differently. ❤️

What are the night temps lately in the area? I was hoping the elements would give hope for survival if she is being held somewhere outside like at a campsite. Yes, I am stretching to the impossible. I was jelly of the sunshine on the live feed, we get rain on a daily basis over here :(

I don't get how the sheriff didn't contact dad before the Amber Alert went out. Or paternal grandparents if they are around. Somebody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone earlier reported that he said something about having a new number, so it’s unclear if she knew how to contact him. FWIW

I caught part of the NG that was posted earlier. Pat Brown (guest) asked him to clarify and he said that his ex wife had the phone number of his girlfriend.
He also said it wasn't a secret as to where he was living.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member