Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I think WM might feel guilty because it was his idea to adopt little Sherin. Sini didn't want her from the beginning and she expressed this in her treatment of this baby. I think WM is covering and really cares for his wife. I think she just gave him a cold shoulder in court with her body language and probably would like to have spit in his face. How much longer he can hang onto story No.2 is yet to be seen. I believe there will be another story from WM, and Sini will be shown for the abuser she has always been toward this child. JMO, MOO. He feels guilt because he instigated this adoption, and she feels no guilt, only anger because she is being exposed as the "mom from hell" she truly is. IMO, MOO

Are any of those xray film images publicly available?

ETA: I know most of you were onto Sini possibly having some knowledge, etc very early on, but I just can't get over how wrong I was about her.

In regards to the pain level in Sherins life, could she have received pain meds via Sini , to cover that up
She had such a precious smile

Are any of those xray film images publicly available?

ETA: I know most of you were onto Sini possibly having some knowledge, etc very early on, but I just can't get over how wrong I was about her.

The "Pediatric Abuse Doctor" probably had them in court, but I don't imagine we'll see them until there's a trial. JMO. I imagine she's got "all her ducks in a row."

The "Pediatric Abuse Doctor" probably had them in court, but I don't imagine we'll see them until there's a trial. JMO. I imagine she's got "all her ducks in a row."

(Believe it or not, I just texted my pediatrician friend with a synopsis asking if she's heard about Sherin's case. Probably thinks I'm nuts haha)

Not finding video, but here is another article.
From this article
In February, Sherin was hospitalized for a skin infection and possible joint and muscle infections. Dr. Dakil noted injuries in Sherin's upper arm bones, which Sini said was due to slipping off a playground set, but the injuries were not consistent with that explanation.
After looking at the x-rays, Dr. Dakil found that Sherin had a number of fractures in her legs. Sini explained the reason for the fractures was her brittle bones from poor diet in India. "After the second examination of X-rays in March, she concluded that Sherin’s bones weren’t brittle and that her injuries had occurred after her time in India. Sherin was not in daycare at the time, and her parents had been identified as her sole caregivers, The Dallas Morning News reported." http://www.ntd.tv/2017/11/30/update-sherin-mathews-showed-signs-of-abuse-doctor-said/

In cases of suspected child abuse, full skelatal x-rays are done, and then repeated about 2 weeks later to better determine age of fractures based on healing in-between the fractures. This info from this page: https://www.orthopaedicsone.com/disp...buse+Fractures I think this verifies that the Doctor was looking for healing in the visible fractures, not new fractures since the Feb. x-rays.

Thanks for the additional link which explains how additional healing reveals additional fractures and the age of the fracture . So the Feb to March wait and recheck with Xray is the procedure for confirmation of when the fracture occurred.

anyone know the name of Sherin's preschool? I posted their schedule way back on thread 1 or 2, and can't find it. I wanted to confirm something..... Thanks in advance.

(Believe it or not, I just texted my pediatrician friend with a synopsis asking if she's heard about Sherin's case. Probably thinks I'm nuts haha)

I had never heard of a "Pediatric Abuse Doctor." My daughter is an RN, and she had never either. Must have something to do with CPS?

I had never heard of a "Pediatric Abuse Doctor." My daughter is an RN, and she had never either. Must have something to do with CPS?

I had never heard of one, either. So I had to look it up. Very sad that there is this specialty, and that there is one in every major hospital/health system.... sigh.
"​Child abuse pediatricians are doctors with special training, experience, and skills in evaluating children who may be victims of some type of abuse or neglect."
https://www.healthychildren.org/Eng...Pages/What-is-a-Child-Abuse-Pediatrician.aspx

We want the names of the caseworkers involved in Sherins case and we want their badges. They need to be fired before another innocent child dies because of their incompetence.

Broken arms, broken legs and seriously malnourished. And CPS looked the other way.

Texas CPS has a shameful history of leaving children in harms way to the point of death.

From the link:
For the last six months, Statesman reporters Andrea Ball and Eric Dexheimer analyzed each of those 779 reports and uncovered a series of troubling findings:

Texas is not publicly reporting hundreds of abuse- and neglect-related child deaths each year. Between 2010 and 2014 the Department of Family and Protective Services did not publicly report 655 child abuse-related fatalities, even though the department confirmed that those children had been mistreated prior to their deaths.

Nearly half of the children who died were already on CPS’s radar. Of those 380 fatalities, 144 families — more than a quarter — had been the subject of a CPS investigation at least 3 times. In 12 instances, CPS had seen the family 10 or more times. CPS had contact with one family more than 20 times before the child died.
~snip

Detailed investigative reporting in this series of articles. More recent reports by Andrea Ball can be found online as well.

http://projects.statesman.com/news/cps-missed-signs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please see my post #314. Respectfully disagree that it is all the fault of the caseworkers. From personal experience I have learned that IMO the system breaks down from the CPS supervisory level on up the chain of command. A PFC can't win a war when his/her officer doesn't provide them with weapons.

The Dr said that at the time she was treating Sherin, she was not in daycare/school and that the parents were the sole care providers, so she had to have started school after stopping seeing this Dr, which i believe was in July but don't quote me!

As to WM. Today I had some very interesting thoughts on his demeanor and body language, however I don't want to post here because I am not sure if that sort of speculation is against TOS.

I will say after watching, and rewatching, and slowing down the video of his "smile" I felt that it was NOT necessarily a smile. I think he attempted to speak to Sini and he realized she wouldn't even glance at him and it quickly turned into anger and ended with what appeared to me as his mouth quivering as he choked back some tears. In that moment, I feel that he likely felt used and rejected and I believe after the next hearing, we will likely have him give story 3.0 which will likely include him flipping on Sini with a new version of the truth. The look on his face IMO was that he felt betrayed in that moment where she didn't look at him, and as a result, I think he will tell a new story that "punishes" her. Hopefully, it will finally be the whole truth.

JMO and please remove if anything is against TOS Thanks!!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ps-spring-finding-girl-several-bone-fractures

I am wondering if the parents will be tried together or separately.

I do know that back in the day Pediatricans, regular Pediatricians, would be called as an expert witnesses to the stand to discuss medical findings, etc., as a professional witness does in any case. I'm behind here (on purpose :( ) , but maybe this simply means one who has a lot of experience and study as related specially to this. I'll ask my friend when she texts back...oh ding maybe that's her now. I)

Question...what can we do to be part of the solution? God bless all those out there on the front lines.

How can I/we donate my time to maybe hang out, read to some of these kids, color, etc? What can we do?

Snipped by me....

You can be part of the solution by volunteering within your own community. I work with inner city city kids and we are always, ALWAYS begging for mentors. These kids need love, attention, commitment, love, stability, and . . . did I say love?

The problem seems insurmountable, but many times we can not only make A difference in a kid's life, but make THE difference in a kid's life. Then, because of your heart for them, they will grow up and be the difference for someone else.

Find a local Boys & Girls Club or another after school program. I guarantee they will welcome you with open arms [emoji4]

Question...what can we do to be part of the solution? God bless all those out there on the front lines.

How can I/we donate my time to maybe hang out, read to some of these kids, color, etc? What can we do?

Snipped by me....

You can be part of the solution by volunteering within your own community. I work with inner city city kids and we are always, ALWAYS begging for mentors. These kids need love, attention, commitment, love, stability, and . . . did I say love?

The problem seems insurmountable, but many times we can not only make A difference in a kid's life, but make THE difference in a kid's life. Then, because of your heart for them, they will grow up and be the difference for someone else.

Find a local Boys & Girls Club or another after school program. I guarantee they will welcome you with open arms [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Word. Thank you. :heart:

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1062232650586185/

I'm a bit further through this. A few things that stand out.

The humerus fracture/break was spiral, and the doc didn't think that Sini's explanation of how it happened fit with that fracture.

One of the court questions to WM was whether he'd disposed of a bag of clothing with vomit on (Sherin's clothing) when he went out to hide Sherin's body.

And apparently when Sherin had a hospital appointment either Sini took Sherin, or WM and Sini took Sherin, but it was never WM on his own who took Sherin.

Sorry if already posted:

CPS Commissioner: Child Protective Services failed Sherin Mathews
http://www.wfaa.com/news/cps-commissioner-child-protective-services-failed-sherin-mathews/495948908

"The CPS Commissioner, in an exclusive interview with WFAA, said he is disappointed with the CPS' investigation in the Sherin Mathews case and promises to get to the bottom of it."

*he answers questions at link

I wish he made a stronger statement with regard to following up on how Sherin Mathews was not removed, given the doc's report. He was leaning a bit too heavily, I thought, on the system inadequacies--which he says are already being resolved. I gather he hasn't been with the agency a long time and walked into a bad situation.

At the beginning he is reluctant to discuss the CPS role at all. When Maria asks about how this (Sherin not being adequately protected) came about, he started talking about WM and not being able to understand what HE was thinking when he put her outside.

It's one thing to investigate based on vague suspicions of abuse (and that does happen) from neighbors or relatives who BELIEVE something is going on--and not being able to find sufficient evidence to act, and quite another to have the forensics in hand and not even to an emergency removal to investigate further.

Let me see if I understand this.
The broken elbow was in Sept. 2016 (fell off of couch pushed by sister according to both Sini and Wesley).
In Feb. 2017 she had both shoulders broken (slipped on slide and both parents grabbed her arms, according to Sini).
The x-ray series in Feb. showed healing fractures in her tibia and femur. Dr. could not say when they occurred.
In March, a second x-ray series revealed that those fractures had further healed. Dr said this ruled out Sini's claim the fractures occurred in India as Sini had said.
From: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...sherins-broken-bones-in-cps-hearing/495535415

Is it possible her femur was fractured and she never saw a medical provider? Could Sini have provided home-setting and wrapping of these fractures? Or did they go out of state to get her seen?

Those are really good questions. CPS SHOULD have asked them when they were first notified--and not let go of the case so long as they were unanswered or not adequately explained.

I am haunted by the possibility that a child with a fractured femur received no care for it.

So the person who seemed, from photos and videos, to be the least interested in adopting Sherin, is the person charged to be the home-based care-giver.

I went back and watched the parts of the video where Sini is leaving the courtroom and Wesley tries to connect with her. That moment of vulnerability when he truly smiles at her, and then his tearful sadness after she leaves. That look tells a lot, IMO.
I completely agree about the exchange between them. It seems to be the first genuine sign of emotion. Him smiling at her, she ignores him, he looked devastated and close to breaking down. IMO that speaks volumes about the dynamics between them. Her cold, withholding affection unless he "earns" it. It looks like he did do "anything " for her, and now that he can't fix things anymore, she has discarded him, and he looks lost.
IMO, he is as culpable as she is, But she seems the aggressor and he blindly loving her to the point of accepting anything she does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The single fact that WM voluntarily went and talked to the LE putting himself in the scene when Sherin passed and admitting to moving the body is a red flag saying he is not the main culprit. He is actively trying to draw attention away from SM who possibly actually caused the death of Sherin.

If WM was the cause of death he could have waited and if 'poor' SM also got implicated for the crime , still there would always be evidence to exonerate her if WM caused the death. This over eagerness to implicate himself but without any real evidence (as far as we know) is strange and puzzling.

And as others have already pointed out, WM was the one who had the day job outside the house. SM even though employed is forced to be with the possibly difficult child while working from home. The proximity and the amount of time Sherin shared with SM puts SM to be the person who could cause harm.

Important detail is that WM went to police when the body was discovered. I suggest that he feared the evidence that the body contained and was acting to take control of the situation--to whatever degree was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708