Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the neighbors are to fearful to speak out.
I called on a neighbor once for neglecting their 4 year old. He didn't know who called so he went up and down the road that afternoon screaming and asking every neighbor if they were the one who called. There are people like that who I imagine others are terrified of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The are trying to cover every area possible in the county with foot, water, horseback and air patrol

They started search at one point and spreading out in concentric circles

they searched the landfill today... 95000 pounds of trash sorted through by hand
more items sent for testing today
a few items were tagged during search. They do not appear to be related to this search but they were taken as evidence anyway.

Arrrrggghhhhh. LE is not going to sift through all that awful trash unless they have a real lead to do so. I've seen this many times. Just watched Lea Porter's case on Dateline last night in fact....they of course mentioned the landfill searches, this case was local for me and I posted a lot in her case, so much in fact I was disappointed in so many aspects they left out on the show, including that they made the suspect go to the landfill to dig through the trash with them...I wish they would have mentioned that, and how over and over so many LE has gone back to the landfill, which was not mentioned. Then we have Kaitlyn Cargill....sigh...)

Eta: maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they're just being really thorough...I don't know though...

Eta: they were interested in the trash can though.

Gaaaahhhh

:banghead:

This is pathetic. Searching through a landfill.

Eta: We had a toddler found in a landfill here in Colorado a while back. Turns out he was disposed of in Wyoming...they send some of their trash here.

(Eta: re: Lea Porter's case, her brother got the perp to confess on tape, brilliantly lured him to a park with kindness then put the pressure on him, then called 911 to say he had a confession, (the DA said this was a "first time for LE", getting a confession this way)---ironically LE was already was aware something was going down before the 911 call because they had him under surveillance and saw the brother suddenly punch the perp in the face. Furthermore, the perp was a top graduate in Forensics! His professor was actually on the show saying how mortified he was that he likely helped teach this guy how to clean up the crime scene! He went on to say, "you never know who is sitting across from you in the classroom". Lea has not been found to date. Her mom still searches everyday, but goes first to the dumpster every time as a starting point, because she knows that's the last place her daughter was. Also, some of Lea's items were found at the landfill, including a purse her mom had just given her for Christmas. She had all the items dry cleaned and now treasures those as the last thing she has of her daughter.)

Its hard for me to read all of this today...my children have been violently hit with a belt by their father and the court system in AL allowed the father to get custody even though I was a stay at home mom with them and have never been arrested, while their father have a drug record. To date, DHR in Alabama refuse to do anything after the horrific bruises my children endure time and time again. My family has spent hundreds of thousands on attorneys and appeals, etc. at this point I am now filing as "pro se" the only way I can help my babies.
My ex husband used to be hit by the belt by his parents growing up and in AL they think "corpal punishment" is allowed. My two year little girl had marks on her back for over a month from the belt beating by her father. DHR never took the kids away from him. DHR does nothing, until your children are dead.
It sickens me...and CPS/DHR are involved and they never do the right thing for the children that are suffering.

My heart is really hurting for baby Mariah....

My parents used the belt on us too. In fact, my father would make me pull down my pants - bare butt - and get spanked. Last time that happened I was in 9th. My mother would just swing and the belt would hit WHEREVER on the body. It was horrible for me to experience. But to witness it happening to my brothers. Seeing it or hearing their screams from another room...then seeing bruises all over their little bodies. I suffer PTSD from it. Like legit diagnosed. I am so against physical punishment. If I happen to witness (sight or sound) of a child being 'disciplined' this way, I start to have panic attacks. It is super hard for me to read stories of detailed ABUSE like this. And I have zero tolerance for anyone trying to defend assaulting (spanking, etc) on a child.

When I was in High School In Texas in late 80's....'swatting' was allowed where the principal LEGALLY was allowed to paddle your kid. Our principal used a paddle with holes in it. Id FLIP THE EFF out if anyone touched my child in this manner. Id probably end up in jail.

It depends on the public information/"sunshine" laws of the state. Some states have much stronger laws that allow LE or government officials to keep information private.

https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByChapter/Chapter_132.html

(d) A public law enforcement agency shall temporarily withhold the name or address of a complaining witness if release of the information is reasonably likely to pose a threat to the mental health, physical health, or personal safety of the complaining witness or materially compromise a continuing or future criminal investigation or criminal intelligence operation. Information temporarily withheld under this subsection shall be made available for release to the public in accordance with G.S. 132-6 as soon as the circumstances that justify withholding it cease to exist. Any person denied access to information withheld under this subsection may apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for an order compelling disclosure of the information. In such action, the court shall balance the interests of the public in disclosure against the interests of the law enforcement agency and the alleged victim in withholding the information. Actions brought pursuant to this subsection shall be set down for immediate hearing, and subsequent proceedings in such actions shall be accorded priority by the trial and appellate courts.

(e) If a public law enforcement agency believes that release of information that is a public record under subdivisions (c)(1) through (c)(5) of this section will jeopardize the right of the State to prosecute a defendant or the right of a defendant to receive a fair trial or will undermine an ongoing or future investigation, it may seek an order from a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent disclosure of the information. In such action the law enforcement agency shall have the burden of showing by a preponderance of the evidence that disclosure of the information in question will jeopardize the right of the State to prosecute a defendant or the right of a defendant to receive a fair trial or will undermine an ongoing or future investigation. Actions brought pursuant to this subsection shall be set down for immediate hearing, and subsequent proceedings in such actions shall be accorded priority by the trial and appellate courts.

Officials were hoping to wrap up the day's efforts by 4:30 p.m. to get volunteers back to their cars before sunset. According to the FBI, no additional volunteer searches are scheduled. While some items were tagged, the FBI said nothing that was turned in was believed to be related to the disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. Authorities will look at what was found and decide whether they need to look in another area. The FBI says they have been sending "items of interest" to their lab in Quantico, Virginia, for priority testing in the case.

Volunteers came from as far away as Raleigh, 120 miles northwest of Jacksonville.

http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local...-came-to-search-for-missing-nc-girl/496144728

Q: will search be moved outside of the state?
A: whenever we get an investigative lead we will follow it

After this briefing they will assess the search coverage from today and where they still need to search

BBM

Funny you should mention that. Nancy Grace said the same, but then admitted that she gets up every morning around 3am, checks on everyone in the house, then goes back to bed. Whaddaya know?

I also know that some menopausal women get up at all hours of the night, can't sleep, etc.

(I get up at 3:15 every morning for work BTW. But it's not to gaze out the window!)

I'm up all hours. My s/o is a very light sleeper. If I hear someone go down the lane, I'm looking out the window, if the dogs growl or ruff, I'm looking out the window. I live in a more rural area and things have a tendency to grow legs and walk off.

Yeah -- I was just about to post that it seems as if no one has come forward to say that s/he saw Mariah on that Sunday. I don't know what the weather was like, so maybe she was simply playing inside... And right now one of our biggest mysteries is whether Mariah came back home with them at all. If something happened to her at the hands of the bf, maybe her mom is afraid to talk. And surely LE has talked with each of them separately. And it could be that mom just truly does not know what happened to her. Was the bf ever violent or ruff with Mariah? Lotsa questions.

Temps for Sun., Nov. 26, 2017: 65F and sunny during day, then dropped down to 38F that night. (I got this info from The Weather Channel)

Priority number one is to find Mariah. Once they find her they will determine the circumstances.

I told my father the day it happened that she put those boys in a lake somewhere. Still don’t know why I came up with that scenario but I knew she had done something terrible to those precious boys.
Just jumping forward.. I still have a lot to read.. but totally of OT here...

When I was in law school the professor showed a dramatization of Susan Smith's car going into the lake.. if I recall it took like 26 minutes to be totally submerged.. it was heartbreaking to watch
. That she had 26 minutes to Do something.. ..

Half the class was in tears.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Press conference ending. No other pressers planned for today. Will let us know about volunteer searches.

I would love to volunteer. I’m about 2.5 hours away. I hope she’s been found, but if not I’ll be able to go and help starting Sunday (have to bring my hubby to the airport tomorrow mid day). All next week I can as well- I just moved and I’m really not doing anything at the moment with the holidays I won’t start working again until after the new year. Just seems silly to sit home and read about this when I could help a few days. Though they have a lot of volunteers it seems like....

I’m rambling. If anyone is going and wants to meet up please pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The edited out the quotes from the neighbor. Interesting.

It is. I wonder if the neighbors didn't realize what they were saying would be in the story. It happened to my son when he was interviewed by NYT. BTW It was his fault as he wasn't thinking, not theirs.

his behavior has abuser written all over it - excessive use of violence and use of small complaints to justify it. Entitlement.

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said.”

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members