Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my head around there being people in the world who would take a "bundle" (injured or deceased child) away and dispose of her if that is the case. If it were a neighbor who left the home at 3AM and it happened Sunday night, she may be close by. If it happened before Sunday, she could be anywhere, like the mom said in her first plea to the public.
This is from the video of the mom when she said "she could be anywhere".
attachment.php

This would make sense to me. If the dogs weren't able to track her in the vicinity of her home, along with any witnesses regarding someone leaving in the middle of the night, there would be a good chance that LE had reason to believe she had been taken from the home. Somewhere I read that the search area is 3 miles from the home. Can anyone local confirm? If so, it seems odd to me that she would be taken to a location so close to her home??

Attachments

• anywhere.jpg
    anywhere.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 468
It is actually not out of control anger. It is outrage and quite controllable. It is more of a punishment than a rage. They use anger as an excuse, but it is usually calculated and controllable.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by katydid23
He smashed all of the windows on the van because he was out of cigs? :eek:

They look to be pretty low income---and yet he smashes all of the van's windows. How much would it cost to replace those windows? I'm guessing it would be very expensive.

That illustrates how out of control this guy's temper is.

exactly. the abuse is not anger or a temper. It is generally punishment for not being given his entitlements. it is not anger - it is outrage at not being treated special and privileged.

I found another site that references EK allegedly attacking the truck

http://www.kinston.com/news/20171201/daily-news-request-for-911-audio-and-callout-logs-denied

[FONT=&quot]Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park say police have come out to the home on occasion since August, including in late October after Kimery struck the family’s Ford Windstar multiple times with a baseball bat.

[/FONT]
So what I'm wondering is, if you add together this allegation along with the allegations made by the bio dad in the Nancy Grace interview of one of the elder boys in the home being beaten with a belt by the bf....

*If* both these allegations were true, if someone could take out their temper on a truck in that way, how far could they go in beating a child that had displeased them? Would they be able to hold back better with a child than a truck?

Oh my gosh that was fast wasn’t it? Or has the article been up a while. I feel like I read it somewhere earlier this week, but maybe it was social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted at 12:55 today, updated twice since then

I know police say once they find the little girl, they will determine what comes next. But that can't be true...they must know they may not find her without "breaking" somebody's story. Hope that the best LE possible is interviewing and reinterviewing etc...

OT and JMO but I am fed up and disgusted with parents who take in a lover to a home with their children without ensuring the safety and comfort of the kids above all else. My sister remarried in the very early 90's before internet was really a thing and she hired a PI to check out her new love interest before she even introduced him to her kids...they have been married 25+ years now, as happy and solid a couple as I've seen. I think parents who endanger their kids in this way should face charges when it all blows up and a child is the victim.

I can't imagine a grown man referring to his "adult temper" taking on the responsibility of a woman and her 3 children from another man while his own biological child is only 2 and not with him. Not saying that there aren't a ton of men that would step up to the plate, but I can see how stressful it could be for someone less mature to handle it. No excuses, but it could have been something so insignificant as a bedwetting incident to incite rage. Just thinking out loud, trying to justify why the pajamas had been taken off and whether or not I could instinctively recall the color of underwear my child was wearing. JMO

exactly. the abuse is not anger or a temper. It is generally punishment for not being given his entitlements. it is not anger - it is outrage at not being treated special and privileged.

I need to go back and reference the map posted earlier. I suppose if you wanted it to look as though she wandered off, you wouldn't go too far from the home. If the river is close to the home, could she have ended up a few miles away? I hate to even think this.

I can't get my head around there being people in the world who would take a "bundle" (injured or deceased child) away and dispose of her if that is the case. If it were a neighbor who left the home at 3AM and it happened Sunday night, she may be close by. If it happened before Sunday, she could be anywhere, like the mom said in her first plea to the public.
This is from the video of the mom when she said "she could be anywhere".
attachment.php

I don't know why, and I pray I'm wrong, but I have this nagging feeling that one, the FBI is going to start winding down searches and two, this case is gonna go in the "what the hell happened?" file. It's been nearly a week and they haven't found any trace of her. I dunno, maybe I'm just overloaded on this story and my frustration in getting an answer is coming out as "we'll never find her."

I’m still stuck with either cell phone or vehicle technology put someone at that spot for a few minutes *or* a confession.
I guess if I had a #3 it would be someone traveling that stretch that recalls seeing someone on the bridge. I’d love to hear other thoughts on why they are focusing there.

If the mom/bf have cell phones I would like to see their cell phone records. Specifically what cell towers they were connected to recently.

He smashed all of the windows on the van because he was out of cigs? :eek:

They look to be pretty low income---and yet he smashes all of the van's windows. How much would it cost to replace those windows? I'm guessing it would be very expensive.

That illustrates how out of control this guy's temper is.

I don't think smokes were at the root of it. I'd guess, even it it is kinda rural through there, that there's a gas station not very far that he could've drove that van to get more. At $6 bucks a pack for even the cheap ones, I'm guessing money matters may have been at the root of it all, a possible argument, and he took it out on an inanimate object. There's usually something more under the surface to these kinds of outbursts.

Check out this post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-27-Nov-2017-3&p=13787482#post13787482

The neighbors comments have since been edited out of the article.

Yep. When I read that article at the time it was posted, it had a heck of a lot more information in it. Now, going back to that verysame post, and it is as if I was hugely mistaken. I did copy the text of the article, but then "cut" out some parts, so it is is not representative of the entire "original" article that was in the post.

I did wonder at the neighbor's courage, to be quoted by name in the article. Then concerned about whether a baseball bat might be taken to the informant! Glad the article was edited, for the sake of the neighbor.

I don't think smokes were at the root of it. I'd guess, even it it is kinda rural through there, that there's a gas station not very far that he could've drove that van to get more. At $6 bucks a pack for even the cheap ones, I'm guessing money matters may have been at the root of it all, a possible argument, and he took it out on an inanimate object. There's usually something more under the surface to these kinds of outbursts.

The original article (although I cannot prove it now, since the article was "Updated" and a lot of info deleted) stated that he was left "keyless", so unless he could hotwire it, I don't think he could have driven it anywhere.

I don't know why, and I pray I'm wrong, but I have this nagging feeling that one, the FBI is going to start winding down searches and two, this case is gonna go in the "what the hell happened?" file. It's been nearly a week and they haven't found any trace of her. I dunno, maybe I'm just overloaded on this story and my frustration in getting an answer is coming out as "we'll never find her."

Love always hopes! She will be found.
I found myself about to agree with you and remembering all the little names who are still out there lost but it's too early to give up hope.

Press conference ending. No other pressers planned for today. Will let us know about volunteer searches.

I would love to volunteer. I’m about 2.5 hours away. I hope she’s been found, but if not I’ll be able to go and help starting Sunday (have to bring my hubby to the airport tomorrow mid day). All next week I can as well- I just moved and I’m really not doing anything at the moment with the holidays I won’t start working again until after the new year. Just seems silly to sit home and read about this when I could help a few days. Though they have a lot of volunteers it seems like....

I’m rambling. If anyone is going and wants to meet up please pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(In Sherin's case, there was a passionate poster/member, PoitryinMotion, who went out and searched herself...she was DARN CLOSE, actually looked in some nearby culverts like the one Sherin was found in, and bless her heart went and looked in trash cans/dumpsters behind Walmart because I mentioned I had a possible Walmart vibe, that maybe the dad stopped at the store for clean up supplies (turns out there was a Costco receipt, not sure if related, but now there is news of him possibly disposing of something behind a store.)

Malik Drummond was taken to an abandoned property, as was AJ Hadsell, and many, many others.

And remember Lonzie? LE searched every pond in the area but he wasn't found until his killer led them to Lonzie's body - underneath a pile of discarded tires.

As each day passes it feels more and more hopeless that Mariah will be found by random searches. Someone knows where she's at and if it's someone who knew her then shame, shame on them...

MOO.

Has an alibi/rule out been confirmed on the neighbor RSO? Tia.

Ok, her car. Doesn't matter. It's still out of control, irrational, and abnormal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Or even worse - anger fuelled, but also deliberate & designed to intimidate and control. Wilful destruction of a partners property is a classic DV tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH