Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why the searching is seeming to be focused on water/creeks? I would certainly understand that there would be a risk of a small child falling into water that's near their home, but the creek on Highway 17 seems way too far for a 3-yr old with mobility issues to reach by herself in freezing cold temperatures and almost no clothes on.

Is it more that the terrain is mostly woods and creeks so that's what we're going to see them searching in, or is there some other reason for the creeks?

It's a quick and (for a while) good place to get rid of a body, or its parts.

Same here -- as we said earlier, we remember Aliayah Lunsford, whose deep woe and hurt just shouted from her little eyes. No smiles from her -- but she's far away from all that now.

eta -- And a big HiYa, Wyle E Coyote! Where have ya been?
I spent most of the summer hiding from polivent![emoji44][emoji32] Had absolutely everyone on ignore, so no one to talk to! [emoji852][emoji85][emoji86][emoji87] I think it's safe to come out, now![emoji6]

(I use tapatalk, had no way to avoid)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's why I was saying earlier it's starting to remind me of poor little Caylee Anthony's body. And with each passing day more evidence is lost to the elements too.

The original article (although I cannot prove it now, since the article was "Updated" and a lot of info deleted) stated that he was left "keyless", so unless he could hotwire it, I don't think he could have driven it anywhere.

Ahhh, I checked and the nearest gas station is about four miles. I could hoof it that far if I needed smokes that bad (back when I smoked) If either of us came home to all the windows knocked out of our vehicle we'd think the other had lost their mind! I'd probably call the local hospital and have them held on a mental health watch!

So I escaped from an abusive marriage and have studied DV in my master's program. It's not a matter of holding back. It's a myth that DV comes from uncontrolled anger. It's power and control. So someone who wants power and control over others would very much enjoy abusing those smaller and weaker. Even to the point of no return (death or mortal wound). And the power it gives him over the mother of those children would be enjoyable also. The car windows was a warning. It's very calculated and controlled. A man like this has no emotional capacity or understanding, and no conscience/empathy/remorse. It's a chess game and people's lives are of no consequence compared to his need for power. Whether it's a domestic abuser or serial killer, it's a spectrum of the same dynamics. In these people, violence is not related to out of control anger. It's a way to gain power. The anger is a show - theatrics. They enjoy it but anger is not the root.

I found another site that references EK allegedly attacking the truck

http://www.kinston.com/news/20171201/daily-news-request-for-911-audio-and-callout-logs-denied

[/FONT][/COLOR]So what I'm wondering is, if you add together this allegation along with the allegations made by the bio dad in the Nancy Grace interview of one of the elder boys in the home being beaten with a belt by the bf....

*If* both these allegations were true, if someone could take out their temper on a truck in that way, how far could they go in beating a child that had displeased them? Would they be able to hold back better with a child than a truck?

I need to go back and reference the map posted earlier. I suppose if you wanted it to look as though she wandered off, you wouldn't go too far from the home. If the river is close to the home, could she have ended up a few miles away? I hate to even think this.

I just made a new one, sorry about quality I’m terrible at drawing on my phone. The bridge on hwy 17 is circled in red and the trailer park is in yellow

ETA removed map, wrong info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. When I read that article at the time it was posted, it had a heck of a lot more information in it. Now, going back to that verysame post, and it is as if I was hugely mistaken. I did copy the text of the article, but then "cut" out some parts, so it is is not representative of the entire "original" article that was in the post.

I did wonder at the neighbor's courage, to be quoted by name in the article. Then concerned about whether a baseball bat might be taken to the informant! Glad the article was edited, for the sake of the neighbor.

I don't know why but when I saw the original article I took a screen shot. At least I know I am not imagining things.

I just made a new one, sorry about quality I’m terrible at drawing on my phone. The bridge on hwy 17 is circled in red and the trailer park is in yellow
34d32b3efa0543f887c5f4ba76128a8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know which trailer is theirs?

So I escaped from an abusive marriage and have studied DV in my master's program. It's not a matter of holding back. It's a myth that DV comes from uncontrolled anger. It's power and control. So someone who wants power and control over others would very much enjoy abusing those smaller and weaker. Even to the point of no return (death or mortal wound). And the power it gives him over the mother of those children would be enjoyable also. The car windows was a warning. It's very calculated and controlled. A man like this has no emotional capacity or understanding, and no conscience/empathy/remorse. It's a chess game and people's lives are of no consequence compared to his need for power. Whether it's a domestic abuser or serial killer, it's a spectrum of the same dynamics. In these people, violence is not related to out of control anger. It's a way to gain power.
I am so glad you got out - thank you for your insight, I believe this was the case too.

Ahhh, I checked and the nearest gas station is about four miles. I could hoof it that far if I needed smokes that bad (back when I smoked) If either of us came home to all the windows knocked out of our vehicle we'd think the other had lost their mind! I'd probably call the local hospital and have them held on a mental health watch!

Which leads me to speculate on -- oh, never mind. I had better not go there! Just wondering if someone does not have a valid driver's license? Keys "not available"!

Regarding talk about the mass amount of woods and water....

I lived in Alaska for 4 years on a military base that was super remote and not far from the arctic circle. While going out exploring in the vast wildness that Alaska is...I was continually thinking how easy it would be to just 'get rid of someone' or get lost and never be found. While the incredible beauty that was all around me was amazing....It also gave me a claustrophobic type of feeling because of the thoughts I would have. Not sure if that makes sense to others...I am not sure how else to describe it.

When I hear wooded area, water in any case.....I just feel sick. But I also feel horrible (and thankful) for the people searching these very very very difficult areas.

Just a random thought...since there is no new news.

So I escaped from an abusive marriage and have studied DV in my master's program. It's not a matter of holding back. It's a myth that DV comes from uncontrolled anger. It's power and control. So someone who wants power and control over others would very much enjoy abusing those smaller and weaker. Even to the point of no return (death or mortal wound). And the power it gives him over the mother of those children would be enjoyable also. The car windows was a warning. It's very calculated and controlled. A man like this has no emotional capacity or understanding, and no conscience/empathy/remorse. It's a chess game and people's lives are of no consequence compared to his need for power. Whether it's a domestic abuser or serial killer, it's a spectrum of the same dynamics. In these people, violence is not related to out of control anger. It's a way to gain power.
That's what makes me worry that the boys won't say anything except what they might've been told to say.

Which leads me to speculate on -- oh, never mind. I had better not go there! Just wondering if someone does not have a valid driver's license? Keys "not available"!

If someone gets a speeding ticket not long ago, they would also be charged for not having a license which didn't happen.

I can post screen shots of the article if it's allowed?

No. But you can "copy" the URL link, and the text, and use it to your own advantage. Later, if the information is retracted ("updated") by the MSM source, well, ... that information WAS there at one time -- so when the URL is clicked on to be read, your version looks like a fabrication because the information has been changed.

I'm thinking the journalists today love the electronics. No record of anything "published" prior to any new "updates." It's their "word" against ours!

there are always archives....has anyone checked that?
i would but im heading out the door...so throwing it out there.

I have insomnia and can be up until 3, 4am some nights. You can bet your bippy I'm looking out the window at any noise or rustling. The only thing I miss living on a big property now is being able to spy on my neighbors. I probably shouldn't admit that...but I'm nosy.

I get up at all hours of the night, too. One thing that may make a difference is that on one video posted in a previous thread, it shows LE searching and the dogs barking. If someone was out and about and the dogs were barking, you can bet I would be looking outside to see what all the ruckus was about. It happens once in a while in my neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member