Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the correct park. It's a couple miles down dawson. Only 5-8 trailers.

Thanks, will correct! Do you know if it was either one of these?
4c081f1c65a39abdfe4762dbfcc8a7c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are a number of things that could direct them to the creek. A tip reporting a vehicle or person there, a tip reporting dumping, finding mud or marsh plants on shoes in the home, seeing a car belonging to an unnamed POI on video driving in that direction at a time of interest, finding muddy clothes in the house, finding something connecting the area to the house (either at the house or at the crime scene). We know the garbage was taken away from the home early on, and LE searched nearby areas (including under houses).

Mud on driver's side carpet.

One possible way to solve this case would be to get the mom with a DV victim's advocate and separate her from the bf. With some education and counseling, she very well may able to understand the dynamics and get free from the abuse tactics. Once free from the fear and intimidation, and with some power of her own, this would allow her to speak freely about the bf and his behaviors and deeds. unfortunately, she may be a victim of DV herself and too caught up in the cycle to be able to see things clearly or act from her free will. Not saying she's innocent or not, just that circumstances may be playing a large role, and if changed, things might be different.

Check out this post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-27-Nov-2017-3&p=13787482#post13787482

The neighbors comments have since been edited out of the article.

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” **** said. **** lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. *** said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told **** the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” **** said.”

Yikes.

I'm thinking the journalists today love the electronics. No record of anything "published" prior to any new "updates." It's their "word" against ours!

there are always archives....has anyone checked that?
i would but im heading out the door...so throwing it out there.

Really? I thought I had tried this in the past and the original article is not "preserved". I may not be searching correctly, though, so I could be wrong.

So I escaped from an abusive marriage and have studied DV in my master's program. It's not a matter of holding back. It's a myth that DV comes from uncontrolled anger. It's power and control. So someone who wants power and control over others would very much enjoy abusing those smaller and weaker. Even to the point of no return (death or mortal wound). And the power it gives him over the mother of those children would be enjoyable also. The car windows was a warning. It's very calculated and controlled. A man like this has no emotional capacity or understanding, and no conscience/empathy/remorse. It's a chess game and people's lives are of no consequence compared to his need for power. Whether it's a domestic abuser or serial killer, it's a spectrum of the same dynamics. In these people, violence is not related to out of control anger. It's a way to gain power. The anger is a show - theatrics. They enjoy it but anger is not the root.

Thank you for that insight, that is really helpful.

We don't know for sure, but that post might be worth posting again at some point in these threads...if you catch my drift.

I don't know if you've been in the Sherin Mathews threads? I feel like it's also useful for understanding some of that case.

And, of course, with DV so widespread, and seemingly almost prevalent in the US, it's going to be relevant to a lot of cases on these boards.

All I can think of is the fear those 3 children must have lived each and every day. All I've read has saddened me to point I couldn't sleep last night. Mariah's angelic, little face with the bruise under her eye, the sad eyes of all 3 children, reading neighbors description of such a volatile temper ( what bf did to car windows made my tummy flip-flop), hearing the words of their father with his obvious grief......my goodness all this and more has cemented my thoughts on what happened to this innocent little girl.

I honestly think he DID see her at midnight and I think when Mariah got up, he blew a fuse and his "adult temper" kicked in. If he swung his hand or closed fist the way he supposedly swung a baseball bat, 1 or 2 swings and her skull would be crushed. I also honestly think mom either saw firsthand what was done to her baby girl or woke up soon after and for WHATEVER reason has helped this scum of the earth. IMO they BOTH know where Mariah is.

I believe dad and think his intentions good and loving towards his children. Having worked in social services, I know and understand the plight of a non-custodial parent in trying to substantiate abuse/neglect as well as gain custody of their child/children in danger. From dealing with the court system, I know the unfairness to parents AND children. I fully believe him when he says his only chance to fight is retaining an attorney he simply cannot afford. Yes, legal aid exists, but since dad works I think it doubtful he would even qualify. I believe a large part of the reason mom kept the children from him in the first place was to hide abuse/neglect/etc as dad saw bruises one time and children will talk , especially if they feel safe and secure with their dad. Sadly I came in contact with more than a few moms who held on to children simply because they wanted that child support check every month. I believe dad paid and I believe mom and bf relied on this money.

I think many of us here feel the same and expect a similar outcome. God bless this beautiful, little angel. I simply have to believe in my heart whatever happened was quick with little or no suffering.
I hope they find her soon.......I also hope dad gets his boys as they desperately need his love and help.

My first post in this case, although I've been here since it's inception. Becoming so emotionally involved with Michelle Young, Morgan Harrington, Nancy Cooper, Janet Abaroa, and a few others simply left me "emotionally spent" and while I still read here, just haven't posted in a while. The posters/members here are simply awesome btw!! )

Really? I thought I had tried this in the past and the original article is not "preserved". I may not be searching correctly, though, so I could be wrong.

If you have the exact link, The Wayback Machine may have archived it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One possible way to solve this case would be to get the mom with a DV victim's advocate and separate her from the bf. With some education and counseling, she very well may able to understand the dynamics and get free from the abuse tactics. Once free from the fear and intimidation, and with some power of her own, this would allow her to speak freely about the bf and his behaviors and deeds. unfortunately, she may be a victim of DV herself and too caught up in the cycle to be able to see things clearly or act from her free will. Not saying she's innocent or not, just that circumstances may be playing a large role, and if changed, things might be different.

Well, this could prove useful down the road. Fortunately, there's no statute of limitations on murder.

So I escaped from an abusive marriage and have studied DV in my master's program. It's not a matter of holding back. It's a myth that DV comes from uncontrolled anger. It's power and control. So someone who wants power and control over others would very much enjoy abusing those smaller and weaker. Even to the point of no return (death or mortal wound). And the power it gives him over the mother of those children would be enjoyable also. The car windows was a warning. It's very calculated and controlled. A man like this has no emotional capacity or understanding, and no conscience/empathy/remorse. It's a chess game and people's lives are of no consequence compared to his need for power. Whether it's a domestic abuser or serial killer, it's a spectrum of the same dynamics. In these people, violence is not related to out of control anger. It's a way to gain power. The anger is a show - theatrics. They enjoy it but anger is not the root.

Yes I filed for divorce due to DV and it was happening in front of the children..and yet he still got custody
ITS STILL ALL ABOUT CONTROL, TRYING TO CONTROL ME THROUGH THE KIDS

I don't know why, and I pray I'm wrong, but I have this nagging feeling that one, the FBI is going to start winding down searches and two, this case is gonna go in the "what the hell happened?" file. It's been nearly a week and they haven't found any trace of her. I dunno, maybe I'm just overloaded on this story and my frustration in getting an answer is coming out as "we'll never find her."

I think the FBI knows what happened and they are trying to find evidence to make any charge stick. JMO, but their faces told it all during today's press conf....JMO

I had a neighbour who attacked his wife's car and broke the windscreen. A few years later, she left him and he broke the door down into her new home and shot and killed her in front of his teenage daughters. He was a policeman.

You don't know how much trouble I got into on Dylan Redwine's case with information that had been linked, but later disappeared.

I was on that case from the beginning and read the MSM information. A few months den the road, I referr d to it and started getting asked to it by newer members. I couldn't find it. A moderator even told them she had seen the link, too. She and I both searched for it for a week, as this case had multiple threads. We could no longer find it, it was gone for good. Consequently, I was no longer allowed to refer to the information that was in it.

This happens in cases from time to time.

Interesting. I wonder if there is anything more to be gleaned from the local who said they saw someone carrying something leave the trailer around 3am-4am. I wonder if they believed it to be an adult or a child walking out.
Jumping ahead again.. thinking back to Shaylyn Ammerman.. Dad claimed he saw family friend leaving and it looked like he was carrying something.. with a foot dangling..... This detail was released very late and if I recall after the poor girl was recovered..

Shudders..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

And like in Ted Bundy's reign of terror, murder is the ultimate form of control. Mere (to him) rape & strangulation to deprive the victim of dignity & breath was also a form of control for him (no doubt), but it wasn't enuff. The person may feel that s/he has no control at work, or over other things, but s/he has control at home... especially over animals, children, a scared wife or partner.

I am by no means an expert in such things, but it occurs to me (not related specifically to anyone that has posted about their experiences, perhaps I shouldn't be tacking this onto your post but otherwise it might look to be unconnected with the subject matter) that sometimes people who have witnessed or suffered abuse might not have recognised how legitimately angry they are about it still. I have seen some truly powerful healing within people by beating up cushions and acknowledging deep unexpressed anger at the fear and other stuff they have had to carry. The beauty of it is that the person whom the anger is being vented at doesn't even have to know.

I hope this doesn't cause offence to anyone.

While this can certainly be cathartic and help a person feel empowered again after abuse, the best therapy for past abuse (of which I am a victim, though not abuse by parents.) is Forgiveness Therapy.

Oftentimes people who have been severely hurt desire revenge and yet that does not heal the wounds, it just satisfies the urge to "get even". In children, having them act out what was done to them by using an object to beat, can help them feel powerful instead of powerless. Forgiveness helps actual healing begin. The hardest part of the healing is forgiving oneself. Those who have been abused often feel they somehow deserved it for "being bad" when the fault is entirely on the abuser. Freeing oneself of the guilt and shame is the first step. Forgiving the abuser is never FOR the abuser. Forgiveness does not absolve or condone the abuser's actions. Forgiveness heals the forgiver. It frees the abused from any residual ties and allows the person to feel free of the abuser.
I was held against my will in a small apartment and beaten as a young woman. I was also raped by someone I worked with also as a young woman.The hardest thing I ever did was to face my abuser and say "I forgive you. I will never forget or approve of what you did, but I forgive you." It was so hard I was shaking and wanted to throw up but afterwards I felt peace for the first time.

JMO as a past victim (survivor) and a Psychologist whose focus is Forgiveness Therapy.

How big is the county they are looking in? Anyone have a map of the area that was already searched vs. areas that need to be searched still? Anyone know if they are still by the bridge with the sonar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member