Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
darn, I kinda thought this was going to be the case in the back of my head, but I was soooo hoping she would be found unharmed...I've seen sooo many of these cases here on websleuths that end like this....I hope he talks so Mariah can come home.

Ugh. Glad they’ve arrested him. Maybe he’ll figure out he’s in deep and start talking to save himself.

Last post before I head out for my self imposed timeout...I just want to say that LE really put a lot of resources into this, and it seems like the community really pulled together well. In this day and age it seems the response from LE is getting more advanced in terms of manpower and resources.

We all knew it was coming. I hope they can find the sweet girl so she can be properly laid to rest. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what gets me-- a story that has been repeated too many times: mom- looking for a boyfriend: doesn't care if he is a druggie or a criminal, or a domestic abuser- she "loves him'- brings him into
her home and exposes her young child to him with the unfortunate and sometimes inevitable result. This situation makes me so so sad for this poor innocent child whose mother should have protected her.

Bringing this photo forward because she is who brought us all here. This sweet, innocent, incredibly adorable girl with the cute pigtails and beautiful face.

I hope they locate her soon so that she can be properly buried with the kind of respect she deserves.

RIP Mariah.mariah-woods-photo-5.jpg

Does anyone know what the burglary, larceny and possession of stolen property charges stem from?

It comforts me too knowing that not only is he not getting his drugs but his crybaby face has been shown to the world. Now....please don’t let this baby rest in a ditch somewhere! Bring her hOME! You filthy *******! Tell us where she is!

That comforts me somewhat, to know he's going to be going through withdrawal in jail.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He's most likely been going through them this week as he's been closely watched, maybe he fessed up so that he could get his drugs in jail. He's looking pretty shabby :)

i read something yesterday here about someone finding a cellphone of a person the police told her was missing for 3 days. Anyone hear anymore about that?

That was me and i haven’t heard anything directly. I have researched on my own and there were 2 people missing. One has since been found so...

I’m not sorry for blurting out my anger. I’m so RELIEVED he’s been arrested but I still will say (because honestly who here suspected something different?) I just WANT that baby to have a decent burial!

For local folks- Sneads Ferry Food Lion customer service is taking donated nonperishable snacks for searchers. They cannot take money. Surf City Duncan Donuts is delivering coffee twice a day. You can call and order over the phone there. (Both of these have been posted on very local FB pages in the area).

Does anyone know what the burglary, larceny and possession of stolen property charges stem from?

Previous police interactions that were either probation or suspended sentence.

I posted this upthread. I'll repost here.

I looked up the definition of some of the crimes. Sorry i can’t post the link, I’m on my phone.

Felony larceny is the unlawful taking away of someone’s property with the intention of depriving them of that property. The definition says it’s usually a misdemeanor (but not in this case).

Second degree burglary is breaking into a dwelling, or a device, like a machine where money is held. It’s seems to distinguish from first degree burglary in that no one is inside the dwelling in SDB but someone is home in FDB.

So the second degree burglary charge: was that breaking into the van?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldGef