Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They pulled the article down. Someone posted screenshots from HLN earlier in the thread.

Social services probably got their legal dept into action tonight re the leaked docs

So were the boys sent to school the day Mariah was reported missing so that they wouldn't talk? Did the adults assume the boys wouldn't be asked if they knew anything? I have tried to look at that one aspect from all angles. I can see not wanting the boys to have their routine interrupted in a normal household. However, with what these boys have seen, heard, experienced....how was keeping them home on the day their sister is reported missing beneficial to the boys? It wasn't.

So why exactly were they sent to school? Why wasn't their feelings taken into account? I imagine they had anger, fear, etc, and were sent away to school. Not surrounded by family... well maybe it was better they were away from family...

So angry...very angry... and those saying it's OUR responsibility, I disagree. For one, I'm in another state, have no connection to this family. No way I could have done anything to prevent this happening.

I cant find this now... searched entire wcti page & no luck???

The cps report was on Ashleigh Banfield on HLN this evening and on the wcti channel 12 website. All links and videos have been taken down. Which is a good thing.

Hmmm. That doesn't sit right with me. How did they get a confidential case file and more importantly, why are they beaming that confidential case file across the country. That not only sounds very illegal but...just scummy.

We are living it daily with our national news....
Things get "leaked" all the time..

This usually takes place at a child victim center, child advocacy center, etc. It is typically conducted by a counselor trained in juvenile/adolescent forensic interviewing, and it is videotaped in order to avoid re-traumatizing the child later (so it can be replayed at trial, etc., to prevent the children from having to tell the story over and over, reliving the trauma).

I don't know if I'm right or not, but I would think that in this situation where police are considering whether or not parents might have involvement in a child's disappearance, that when questioning siblings police would need a responsible adult present, and that adult could be someone from CPS?

It is sad and I thought the same but maybe the hate toward dad is that he was unable to rescue them and they don't understand why.

I was thinking along these lines...

and that they possibly felt abandoned... not being old enough to understand the reasons why Dad and GF could not get them back to live with them...

JMO...:thinking:

I am sad that the dad released the reports to the media. Yes, the info would be out there after a trial. But I wouldn't want him releasing stuff like this to cause problems with trial stuff. EK needs to be punished to the fullest extent! (As well as anyone else who may have had knowledge of abuse.)

So were the boys sent to school the day Mariah was reported missing so that they wouldn't talk? Did the adults assume the boys wouldn't be asked if they knew anything? I have tried to look at that one aspect from all angles. I can see not wanting the boys to have their routine interrupted in a normal household. However, with what these boys have seen, heard, experienced....how was keeping them home on the day their sister is reported missing beneficial to the boys? It wasn't.

So why exactly were they sent to school? Why wasn't their feelings taken into account? I imagine they had anger, fear, etc, and were sent away to school. Not surrounded by family... well maybe it was better they were away from family...

So angry...very angry... and those saying it's OUR responsibility, I disagree. For one, I'm in another state, have no connection to this family. No way I could have done anything to prevent this happening.

I came across a media photo yesterday that had maternal family members standing across from the trailer the day after she was reported missing. (Tuesday). In the photo two boys were there playing in the back of a pickup truck. I don't know if it was the brothers, but they were right there watching LE work the crime scene.

I saw both of HLN's stories about the cps report. Hopefully this helps clarify your confusion. It is a new report that was just prepared in the past week. It is the result of interviews with the boys since Mariah was reported missing.

There were other incidents that were reported to cps in the past according to AW. It seems like those were over a year ago and revolved around an incident of EK 'disciplining' one of the boys with a belt and KH covering it up.

So it's not that CPS has been getting reports for years and not acting on them.

I didn't see the reports but that sounds right. I would hope CPS interviewed the brothers after their sister disappeared especially since there has been previous CPS contact.Thinking about it I would guess CPS was on pins and needles after Mariah disappeared knowing they had returned the children to the home. At least thats what happens where I live.

WCTI has removed the article which discussed the CPS report released to them by bio father, AW. HLN is still covering the contents/allegations in the report. Can't squeeze toothpaste back into the tube.

It is regrettable that the report was released but now that it is out there is no way to unring that bell. I know that our members will exhibit the HIGHEST level of sensitivity if discussing the content.

So sad the released docs were released, because this incident will have a harsh penalty. JMO

I am sad that the dad released the reports to the media. Yes, the info would be out there after a trial. But I wouldn't want him releasing stuff like this to cause problems with trial stuff. EK needs to be punished to the fullest extent! (As well as anyone else who may have had knowledge of abuse.)

This will hurt his chance of getting the boys back sooner . That is one thing you can not to do and that is to release communication from social services.

I came across a media photo yesterday that had maternal family members standing across from the trailer the day after she was reported missing. (Tuesday). In the photo the two boys were there playing in the back of a pickup truck. They were right there watching LE work the crime scene.

Am I the only one thinking things that aren't polite words?

Surely that isn't an appropriate place for the kids to be?

I've been wanting to post this question for a few days now, but was not sure how to word it eloquently. Still not sure how to word it actually....

Am I alone in the thought that it may be possible that no one of close relation, each for various different reasons, is very well-equipped to provide the kind of genuinely responsible, safe, loving, healthy, stable, supportive, productive home that these 2 remaining boys would require after this experience?

I post this question, fully admitting that I do not know if *I* could handle that myself, knowing only small parts of the real magnitude of the situation and the kind of undertaking it would require in order to "break the cycle" and ensure that they become the emotionally happy, healthy productive men they deserve to be one day.

I think these kids were failed by so many adults close to them in different ways and in varying degrees. I just hope that whoever ends up being lucky enough to have them isn't undeserving and doesn't fail them further. They have suffered enough.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why any info. Regarding the cps report might have been pulled?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I was thinking along these lines...

and that they possibly felt abandoned... not being old enough to understand the reasons why Dad and GF could not get them back to live with them...

JMO...:thinking:

What's tragic is that without proper intervention these boys could pay the price for all of this again by ending up in the criminal justice system when grown. Right now they are young, innocent victims. If they repeat the cycle when they are older they will be considered the monsters.

From what I understand,CPS was not aware of the SA abuse before Mariah went missing. The boys told them when they were being questioned.
Well, Dad's girlfriend put SA out there in the interview they did, I think it was Tuesday?... several days before the CPS report was finished and given to them. I think the SA had been going on for a long time, and I can't believe it wasn't reported to CPS. If dad and GF knew or suspected, as gf's statement in the interview indicated, I believe they would have reported it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member