Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can fully understand the father venting out of grief and saying anything he thinks should be out there. He is truly the victim parent here and was not involved in any way so I say just let him vent and say whatever he wants.

This! Imagine seeing that written about your child, that you had been kept from seeing for a year. I don't blame him. He is in a world of hurt, now.

That is puzzling everyone. How did LE know to travel 25 miles away and find her body? Someone knew a lot more than they were letting on.

Well, I'll venture a guess that the "very long talk with a family member with a promise to find Mariah and bring her back to "her", means that he was talking about the mother giving them the information they needed to arrest the BF and also to move search operations to the exact location to search for Mariah's body.

What other 'family member could he possibly be talking about?

This means a lot to me, ie., what involvement does she have, when did she know about it, when did she decide to lie like hell to cover their asses and just what will she be charged with. I'm waiting, and waiting to see. :waiting:

November 26th of this year. The CPS report was given to the parents on December 1st last week.

So the family member who had been talking to LE, that may have been the boys? THEY may have been the ones who gave information that led to Ek's arrest....

I can fully understand the father venting out of grief and saying anything he thinks should be out there. He is truly the victim parent here and was not involved in any way so I say just let him vent and say whatever he wants.

I don't agree because the Dad is making public accusations against the mother of his children. The father has every right to be angry and very frustrated but he also still has two young sons. He must consider their best interests. Their classmates know who they are and I assume have access to the same media programs covering the death of their little sister. I hope Dad steps out of the media spotlight and lets LE do the speaking. I noticed the grandmother asked her pastor to express her thoughts. My heart breaks for them all but I hope Dad zips it for the time being.

Will the state automatically give custody of brothers to their dad?

I'm catching up, this post is 12 hours old and there may be more recent info that I'm unaware of, but the custody plan at the moment from what I can tell is that they have joint custody, mom has residential custody and dad has visitation (which was being withheld).

If the mother isn't charged in this case, they most likely won't change this arrangement at all.

New to websleuths and am just catching up on this feed, so this may be addressed in alter posts I haven't made it to yet. Anyway. In another nancy grace interview today with Alex woods, it was mentioned that KW's dad was talking with one of his coworkers about what happened, saying KW told him. So wonder if that's who the family member is. Still something doesn't add up tho. By talking to someone else the grandfather/dad would be incriminating himself right? Since he knew what went down?
:welcome6:

Yes, I would think so.

From the Handbook for Parents - North Carolina Juvenile Court:
751c8a5cf70716e9fb23553ca1593d2d.jpg
74a78e0e5b5a6e7049fa3e7a53a417fb.jpg

http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/CPrograms/Improvement/Documents/CP-handbook-eng.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still questioning the timeline. I think if LE was able to put EK and KW with his family Sunday, they wouldn't have needed others to come forward to corroborate. I think the neighbor who reportedly saw something being carried out that night may have hypothesized that it was Mariah but could have just as easily been evidence that needed to be disposed of (whether related to Mariah or previously stolen property he couldn't be caught with when LE showed up the next morning. I think something happened much earlier. Still trying to figure how the dressers fit into all this, too. Only 6 hours to kill a precious little girl, cleanup, drive 25 minutes from home to dump her, drive back 25 minutes, then stop and load up a couple of dressers before going home and staging it to look like an abduction. Whew! Even tighter if we go with the original 11-3:30 timeline. Wonder if he stopped to eat or gas up? Wonder if he had help? MOO
My thoughts exactly. Something just doesn't add up.

Well, I'll venture a guess that the "very long talk with a family member with a promise to find Mariah and bring her back to "her", means that he was talking about the mother giving them the information they needed to arrest the BF and also to move search operations to the exact location to search for Mariah's body.

What other 'family member could he possibly be talking about?

This means a lot to me, ie., what involvement does she have, when did she know about it, when did she decide to lie like hell to cover their asses and just what will she be charged with. I'm waiting, and waiting to see. :waiting:

I honestly cannot understand why more people have not been charged. If Mariah's grandfather talks to a work friend about it, who else knew? And why did the grandfather when he came by that information, not go to the police? He just talks about it to a work colleague? Kind of makes you think that Kristy grew up in a home that did not have much love

Just listened to the NG interview and bio dad's fiancee saying "they are trying to blame the older brother" but it's not clear who they heard that from, it sounded like she said it came from someone in the court system.

NG is so dramatic, it's honestly hard to listen to her, ugh.

Of course they are trying to blame the brother. I told my best friend yesterday that that was what they were going to go with, in order to CYA and because they know that the courts would go easy on the child because of his age. This actually proves my theory that the mother is willing to do absolutely anything to protect her man. Absolutely anything. She already proved this when she covered her BF when he brutally beat her son with a belt. She claimed her son got all his injuries from falling from a bunk bed.

I'm catching up, this post is 12 hours old and there may be more recent info that I'm unaware of, but the custody plan at the moment from what I can tell is that they have joint custody, mom has residential custody and dad has visitation (which was being withheld).

If the mother isn't charged in this case, they most likely won't change this arrangement at all.

I don't agree. I think the State has been given temporary custody of the boys and that is why both parents had the CPS report. JMO

I honestly cannot understand why more people have not been charged. If Mariah's grandfather talks to a work friend about it, who else knew? And why did the grandfather when he came by that information, not go to the police? He just talks about it to a work colleague? Kind of makes you think that Kristy grew up in a home that did not have much love

More likely the coworker went directly to police, I sure would. I think LE and prosecutors are waiting on ME's report on manner and cause of death and there will be more serious charges filed.

I don't agree because the Dad is making public accusations against the mother of his children. The father has every right to be angry and very frustrated but he also still has two young sons. He must consider their best interests. Their classmates know who they are and I assume have access to the same media programs covering the death of their little sister. I hope Dad steps out of the media spotlight and lets LE do the speaking. I noticed the grandmother asked her pastor to express her thoughts. My heart breaks for them all but I hope Dad zips it for the time being.

I can only imagine his anguish right now, I would be wanting to strangle her with my bare hands. IMO she deserves every single thing that is said about her. Period. Non-negotiable.

It is what it is, she is at the very center of the spot light right now. She has been instrumental in keeping him from having contact with his children and now his little girl is dead. He has every right to be shouting from the rooftops about this. I totally support his venting and grieving.

For the life of me, I still do not understand why any man would move in with an unemployed woman who has 3 or 4 toe-headed kids? What is it the booty or his share of the beans and potatoes?

I doubt the children will be placed back with their mother. After all, she knew and allowed her children to be abuse by her boyfriend! No way will the courts send the children back to a mother that has no protective qualities as a parent. (not again)

So the family member who had been talking to LE, that may have been the boys? THEY may have been the ones who gave information that led to Ek's arrest....

I really don't think that the boys could have possibly given the information to move the search to the exact area for the disposal of the body. They also could not have given the information to arrest the BF for the larceny of the dressers and the disposal of Mariah's body.

I can only imagine his anguish right now, I would be wanting to strangle her with my bare hands. IMO she deserves every single thing that is said about her. Period. Non-negotiable.

He needs to show he is able to control his anger. He's divorced from the mother so clearly there is a negative history between the two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member