Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I've heard description of her tiny casket there. Someone interviewed said it was like a cooler box. :(

Don't get yourself too worked up over that. Children's caskets are very plain and white. It's because they are easily mass produced, unlike adult coffins that require hand assembly. Of course, you can get a childs casket that is very ornate but since this funeral was covered by the funeral home they were gonna go with cheap but tasteful. Please don't interpret this as a criticism, it's not. I'm merely offering an explanation so you don't go away with a bad feeling that somehow Mariah was being disrespected.

ok am I going to get into trouble for this? I know we're not supposed to name call but my excuse is I didn't know who Mister Ed was so I had to confirm if you were right :D

mr-ed.png

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/50862...-by-her-mums-boyfriend-before-she-was-killed/

This is beyond heinous. One of the children is surely the witness to the horrifying act mentioned in the article. This is the first detail of the sexual abuse we've seen.

If this is true and I suspect it is there is a special place in hell for moms like this. "It is also suggested that the tot’s mum, 29-year-old Kirsty, knew about the abuse."

Abuse doesn't happen in a vacuum. Imo, she knew and she willingly chose to abandon her little daughter, and chose the monster instead who most likely wound up killing her.

The key for all of the horrible things done to Mariah to become exposed is with her two brothers. Only they can tell what actually happened in their home, and who all was involved and who all knew but did nothing. Only they, can be the voice for little Mariah.

Any so called mom who allows their little child to be abused in any manner by anyone is just as guilty as the one who physically or sexually abused them. And many of these women are also abusing, neglecting the children and are willing participants in the crimes against their own children even when a man isn't involved.

It is no different to me than mothers we see who sell their little child to a pedophile or who are sexually assaulting their child while video taping it. It literally makes me nauseated at how many stories I read about mothers who were/are grossly abusing their children in this most inhumane ways and also many are murdering them as well.

These type of mothers aren't only abuse enablers but they can be and often are the very ones who willingly helped facilitate the abuses done against their own children. I find them all disgusting and vile human beings.

JMO

Same photo op and videos were posted for little Bella Bond, as I remember. Also, this looks good to CPS which is important. If the kids are taken away, mommie dearest might have to get off her lazy ///// and get a job. BF might leave her too and find more "fertile" ground where he can live rent free as well. JMO, MOO.

Reminds me of Bella Bond. Same vibe I got from a video of her birthday party.

Exactly. Iv'e seen this kind of show from people who have been in the system already. Any opportunity to prove they're good parents. But it's a thin veneer. Scratch the surface and the dark truth seeps out.

So, I know pretty much everyone gets the feeling that the mother is involved somehow. I know it feels like FOREVER waiting for an arrest of some kind, but they need to be absolutely sure before making an arrest or risk ruining the investigation.

But something that *always* struck me as odd, (of the MANY things. Personally, I do not read too much into TV interviews or photographs, I much prefer logic to emotion.) Is that the bio father said he found out about the "disappearance" on the news. I think that signals they knew the mother and her boyfriend were guilty from the jump. If so many of us at home got that feeling, you can bet the law got the same feeling.
But back to my point, if the mother ever at any point didn't know where her child was, if the law *ever* thought the child was really abducted, the FIRST person they would ask, (I mean, imo, the places *I* would be checking) is the non custodial parent.

Thats what made me call this case from day one. I got in a bit of trouble on here but immediately I pointed that out saying mom had to have known what happened to her daughter.

350084dae0322cf8132e19329ce6fdde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I meant of mom wearing a bow. I thought people said she was pictured doing the same thing? I might be confused.

The boys are with KW’s mother pending a custody hearing which I believe will take place tomorrow.

My nephew has been dealing with CPS in a neighboring county for 2 yrs. The mother of his child is an admitted heroin user. Numerous calls have been made to CPS and aside from one home visit following the initial complaint nothing has been done. She is pretty much out of the picture for now and he has custody so he hasn’t had a need to formally follow up and push the CPS side of things but we’re all appalled at the lack of action.

I can give some insight. I grew up in NC and now live in Carteret Co which is next to Onslow Co. The counties around here are just so big and there is only so much money to go around for services. I worked at a facility that did drug testing for the DSS for one of the counties. I can tell you these people are overworked, but they care. I routinely saw social workers pickup clients who had no way to get to drug testing. Sometimes it was because they knew the parents were trying and so they went above and beyond. Sometimes they knew the parent would come up with any reason not to be tested. Either way they had the best interest of the kids in mind.Also, these counties are vast, so trying to cover your territory can be 60 hours a week job and even then they cannot handle the caseload. Also, heroin, meth, Ritalin, etc...is a major problem down here. We would routinely see 5-10 new clients a week from DSS due to new cases being opened due to a parents drug use. And if there was a big drug sweep done those numbers would jump up considerably a few weeks later as they got put into the system. Take a look back at the drug sweeps in the last 2 years where 20-30 people were arrested. Most of those had kids and they all end up in the system in some form. Look at how many of those have happened in the last 2-3 years in the 4 surrounding counties you begin to get a picture of how just overwhelmed these case workers are.

OK, going to try to post pic and hope it works...
attachment.php

By the way, gitana, hope you are safe from the wildfires!

ETA - this was originally posted by Tortoise.
Arghh! I deny it! YellowRose is going to have a fit!

ok am I going to get into trouble for this? I know we're not supposed to name call but my excuse is I didn't know who Mister Ed was so I had to confirm if you were right :D

mr-ed.png

I know, Tortoise, I really shouldn't have . . .. but, it's been with me ever since I first saw the photo.

Don't get yourself too worked up over that. Children's caskets are very plain and white. It's because they are easily mass produced, unlike adult coffins that require hand assembly. Of course, you can get a childs casket that is very ornate but since this funeral was covered by the funeral home they were gonna go with cheap but tasteful. Please don't interpret this as a criticism, it's not. I'm merely offering an explanation so you don't go away with a bad feeling that somehow Mariah was being disrespected.
No, what I took from it was the size, not the quality.

It's reported there was. Why does it matter, though?

I didnt know if the body had been released. It mattered to me because I know a body cant be buried without a death certificate. My question has been answered.

Exactly. Iv'e seen this kind of show from people who have been in the system already. Any opportunity to prove they're good parents. But it's a thin veneer. Scratch the surface and the dark truth seeps out.

Thats what made me call this case from day one. I got in a bit of trouble on here but immediately I pointed that out saying mom had to have known what happened to her daughter.

Thanks! I meant of mom wearing a bow. I thought people said she was pictured doing the same thing? I might be confused.

Ah. Idk about a pic of KW with one. Haven't seen it myself but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

gitana, if you are talking about the one with mom and the pink bow, check out post #980 on the previous thread (#7). I'm not so good at posting pics....

Gross. Thats gotta be it.

In reply to Tortoise - "Arghh! I deny it! YellowRose is going to have a fit!"

LOL, sorry but the post I copied from said originally posted by you (#980 on the previous thread (#7). Hopefully I won't get into too much trouble! :blushing: :scared:

mr-ed.png

You all are having way to much fun. LOL
I often sing the line "I am Mister Ed" to my cat who is named Edward,but only when he gets in my face. It seems to work.ha

Can you share where you have seen her older pictures? I can't find her fb..

I believe her FB was taken down. I actually saw older pics of her early on when I was searching for info about the case through MSM.

I've been thinking.

KW posted some memes on facebook about "what's done is done and what's gone is gone" and another one about relationships ending, and another one to the effect of being lonely and forgotten about. All pretty revealing of her state of mind in the 4 days before Thanksgiving.

She knows at some point EK is (ab)using Mariah for his sexual needs. Her true feelings about that we don't know, she may have gone from thinking it was amusing or even a turn on ( :sick: :sick: ) one time, or even as a punishment to Mariah for being a beautiful 'blonde' baby who got lots of adoration and attention for being the first or only granddaughter, to in the end feeling Mariah had replaced her. Especially if her and EK were fighting, which the memes that week allude to.

Her pink hair bow (I know sorry :) ! I won't post it again) looks like an attempt to become Mariah.

What is going on in this picture?

46C41CDD00000578-5136951-image-m-39_1512147949881.jpg

Why is she feeding the doll for the picture? Mariah doesn't want her to. Everything about her body and face speaks to her feelings about her mum doing that. She has switched off, gone blank. Mum is oblivious, the picture is about her.

There is one thing that KW said in the missing appeal when asked what Mariah means to her:

"she's got the personality of make you laugh [...] she knows how to make your day brighter".

That is to say she treated only-just-3-years-old Mariah as knowing the needs of those around her. It's seeing Mariah as mature.

I can see motive for her wanting to hurt Mariah in a flash of temper, along with other scenarios where Mariah dies at the hands of EK.

I'm trying to catch up on all the posts, and was hoping to get through them before I saw something I wanted to reply to.

I'm seeing this a little differently. In some of those photos of Mariah's party with the doll, she looks terrified someone's going to take her doll away from her. I can imagine a scenario where she's often punished by having her dolls and teddies taken from her. It could just be relate to sibling play where they fight over toys and sometimes break each others' toys. It could be that her toys are taken from her and thrown away if either KW or EK get annoyed with her. It could be that I'm seeing things or seeing the wrong thing in it.

I know when I was very young, a year old, I had strong empathetic feelings for my mom's emotions. That description of knowing how to make your day brighter makes me think of a child who's learned to use that empathetic sense to not just read the emotions but also come up with the answer that if she can keep people happy, they're less likely to turn on her. Babies learn very young that if they smile at someone they'll get a smile in return, so I would say it's an extension of that, but possibly amplified in Mariah if she's noticed that if EK/KW aren't smiling, then she and her brothers are more likely to suffer.

There were some comments before the post I've quoted about the possibility of KW murdering her own daughter as a vindictive punishment directed at someone else? I'm not seeing that in this case. I think that not only is that more often a male preserve, but that also it more often seems to happen at the time of the break-up of a relationship or a crucially difficult part of deciding custody, or perhaps where the custodial parent has a new partner ...I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm not seeing a *what's the word?* the thing that's the straw that breaks the camel's back? I can't think of the proper term for it, but I'm not really seeing anything obvious from KW's side.

And also I go back to the NG interview with the bio dad, and the description there was of Mariah waking, crying, getting hit, being hurt so badly that she was near death/dead. It seems more reminiscent of the van getting attacked by EK in an episode of violent petulance for not getting his own way, but this time I think Mariah got the attack that the van received before. I guess they'd had a long drive back, not arriving home until 11pm or so, he might have been ready to put his feet up (maybe with drink or drugs), go to bed, maybe KW is in the bath or unpacking and so EK goes to tell Mariah to go back to bed (just like KW's original story) except that it didn't end with Mariah going back to bed, it ended with Mariah getting beaten to death.

No, what I took from it was the size, not the quality.

Oh ok. Yea, the size is kinda hard. Personally, I try not to think about those things. Same with watching interviews with dad or coverage of any memorial services. I can view things from afar, keep my objectivity, but if I see it right in front of me, see the tears and anguish than I'm not a happy camper. I learned the hard way that I can't watch the really emotional true crime shows for that reason, it'll make me blubber like a big ol dork.

I dated a man who had a 9 yo son. While I taught a 90 min class, they babysat my 7 yo daughter. My daughter told me the 9 yo boy pinned her down, covered her mouth, and blew in her nose. The father did nothing. I ended things with him then and there. I thank my lucky stars I was smart enough to end it.

I am grateful your daughter told you what happened and you acted on it. That's what mom's do, when they are actually moms. well done.

Bringing this post over from thread 7.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RAISINISBACK
I am wondering why no one has been charged with murder. It seems odd that the charges stated he concealed a death that he knew was "unnatural". That term could cover a lot of ground from intentional harm to an accidental fall.

In view of the fact that some MSM has reported that EK was a heroin user, is it possible that little Mariah may have gotten hold of his drugs? If she got into his drugs she may have eaten them and overdosed on them. If so KW and EK may have panicked knowing they would be going to jail for having drugs around the kids.

I could def see that maybe happening but two things come to mind that make it seem unlikely: first, since he was away he would have brought any drugs with him, even if he had them when they returned to Jacksonville Mariah would have been in bed before she could have gotten her hands on them; second, and I think this would be the more likely scenario, if Mariah did get into the heroin somehow, I don't think she would have been able to ingest enough to kill her, maybe make her sick but not kill her. Heroin is synthesized with some pretty nasty chemicals, I imagine it tastes abhorrent, so if a little one got it anywhere near her mouth she would immediately spit it out.

Of course, she could have gotten into different drugs but I don't think drugs had anything to do with her death. This is my reason why. Unfortunately, I have a niece who is heavily involved with drugs and I've met some of her friends, seen how they are about their drugs. They protect those things at all costs. If EK and KW were drug users, knowing their age (which is near my niece's age) and being some what familiar with some basic characteristics of drug users, I can't imagine them leaving drugs out to where Mariah could have gotten into them. Obviously it's a possibility but it doesn't seem to fit with what we currently know.

What do you think?

BBM

Isn't there a drug that police officers have to wear gloves when raiding a drug house to keep from being contaminated with. I think I am saying this badly, but I have read that some police officers have overdosed on a certain type drug simply by touching it so they wear gloves and protective clothing during a raid. I don't remember the name of the drug though. Can someone help me out here with the name of it?

If there are those type drugs out there, that even skin contact with can cause adult police officers to overdose, what would the effect of this drug be on a small child who picked it up or put it into her mouth?

We know EK is a drug user from MSM, but of course we don't know if he used this particular drug. But if he did Mariah could have picked it up and put it into her mouth causing her death from overdose.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member