Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Nothing is known about it It's just puzzling that LE are asking for information.

Grandfather says they all returned home from Raleigh Sunday evening close to midnight, but just because he was told that doesn't make it factual.

On facebook KW posted that she was missing her family in Ky.

2. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Active Member

I've heard heard of the case, thanks for mentioning it. How horrific for those children, being led to think they were hurt by the adults they trusted. I hope the kids were able to get proper therapy to reverse the damage done by the social workers and therapists.

3. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

Those two boys are victims in this nightmare as is their father. I'm not understanding what motivation they would have to lie about being subjected to molestation and physical abuse in that household while being interviewed after their little sister's murder.

4. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Active Member

There is no need since my comment wasn't referring to those never charged.

5. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are accusing this little boy of telling lies about this.

6. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

I looked on the funeral home's website and it was the same. I'm from a locale that usually puts quite a bit of effort into obits, if not lengthy, they'd at least name all siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, pall bearers or honorary pall bearers, etc... and a particular like. So I was a little surprised there wasn't a little more. Possibly due to the circumstances? Idk. I'd think that would bring about a desire to add something more personal about her, but that's just my view from living where I live.

http://www.jonesfh.org/obituary?id=312572

7. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I think I can answer

No confirmation
    No confirmation
    It's possible

We really don't know anything for sure <sigh>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. nyvictoria

Again, no one is accusing the child of lying. If it upsets you to read a question or opinion, I suggest you use the ignore button.

9. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

I feel dumb for not knowing but how do you use the ignore feature?

10. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Good Afternoon,

This thread will be closing shortly and a new one opening up.

Please remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,
    Tricia

11. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Settings, edit ignore list on left side of screen

12. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Not surprised at all. They live two hours away, for one. Secondly, my parents would never get in front of cameras and discuss shame brought upon the family, by a family member, let alone their own child. Our family barely discusses any shame, brought upon the family, with each other. :shame: It is then discussed in hushed tones. Would my parents assist LE, to the best of their ability, in finding a lost child? Yes. It's quite possible that EK's parents do not know a thing, other than whether or not, Mariah and mom, were at their Thanksgiving Dinner. I'd say that they've discussed it with LE, and provided them with any photographic evidence they may have, if asked.

13. nyvictoria

Click on name of user you wish to ignore, on their profile page there are 3 dots in upper left corner, click and you'll get option to ignore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

We can agree to disagree. IMO, children are not born to lie, no more than they are born to see color. If brought up in a home where lying or hiding the truth is done by the adults for manipulation or retaliation, then possibly they will repeat the behavior. This is why so many children (and adults) do not speak out. Who is going to believe a child over an adult? Who is going to believe a woman over a man who assaults her (or vice versa)? I'll stop now because this thread is about Mariah. Her brothers deserve to live the life she never got to and I hope that by speaking up, now they will be heard.

15. JazzTune

JazzTune Verified Registered Nurse

Are you on your phone? I get the same thing when I'm not logged in, and just following the thread on Safari on my phone. It is SO frustrating! No matter how many times I close it out, it keeps resurrecting.

Have to start over and find my place repeatedly. I've found no way around it either and usually just give up.

If you're on your phone are you using Tapatalk? Don't know if you'd have the same problem with it or not. I've tried using Tapatalk but I guess I'm just too tech-challenged. Keep tapping the wrong things all the time.

The only tried and true is my home computer. Have no problem with it here.

Good luck! If you figure out any solution to it, please post it...

JMO

16. Niseyg123

Niseyg123 Active Member

Whhhhhaaaattt?? EK and KW are cousins?? How did I miss this?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Seems like it's a different case. Posters need to include O/T (off topic) at the beginning of their post when discussing other cases.

18. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.