IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad to see this case is still unsolved. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am so sad to see this case is still unsolved. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I am too. I'm hoping this case will get resolved with the Delphi teens murders as there are certainly similarities. But I'm not convinced they have evidence in linking them being done by the same perp.

I recently came across an old article that revealed Klunder's original target was not Kathlynn Shepard, but her younger sister who was only 12 at the time. Kathlynn was 15 at the time she was murdered by Klunder. Also, the second victim was only 12 (DH) at the time.

Killer approached Kathlynn Shepard's sister first, mom says

Klunder, who kidnapped Shepard and Hughes as they walked home from school last May, first approached Shepard's younger sister, Jessica, then 12, as she was walking home from school, Denise Shepard, the girls' mother, told Iowa lawmakers during emotional testimony before a House subcommittee today.

Klunder drove up to Jessica and began talking to her, Denise Shepard said. Jessica, who was heading home before Kathlynn, reportedly kept walking and ignored the man, Denise Shepard said.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...hlynn-shepards-sister-first-mom-says/4799625/

I don't know who was the original target in Elizabeth and Lyric's case. Sometimes I think it was Lyric because of the incident a week prior where Lyric and her older cousin went missing in Waterloo. IIRC, Wanda, Misty, and Dan almost called the law to find the girls when they did return. Someone could have been watching Lyric and followed Wanda, Misty and Lyric to Evansdale that fateful day on Friday, July the 13th.

On the other hand, Elizabeth had lots of friends and frequently rode her bicycle to visit. She might have caught the attention of the killer as she rode her bicycle and the perp was just lucky in snagging both girls that day.

I do wish they could catch this person. Maybe he is already in prison. Maybe he moved from the area.

After watching a recent episode of "Criminal Confessions" I think the killer could have come from Readlyn, Dunkerton, or Cedar Valley. Maybe someone from these towns were working as part of the highway crew? I think the killer always knew if and when he ever abducted someone that Seven Bridges would be the dumping site. I know locals have told us Seven Bridges was the previous dumping site of a murder victim, so it makes sense others would consider the place a good dumping ground not only for bodies, but weapons too.

Anissa "Peanut" Schroeder, 18, and Ronald "Junior" Scullark, 28, were murdered in broad daylight in November 2007. "Martaves Keys, who was known to officers as a confidential informant, was the lead suspect. Keys confessed and was later found guilty."

Less than a week later after the shooting, Keys' girlfriend led police to Seven Bridges Park, a wooded area with a campground between Readlyn and Dunkerton where the Glock had been tossed into the Wapsipinicon River and Keys' bloody clothes had been burned.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ho...cle_0ffcf72a-8c88-59c6-834b-27c7e711cb53.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/36549472/...ions-spotlights-waterloo-murder-investigation

Anybody able to shed any light on construction company names, road crews etc. at that time? Anyway to tap into that information somehow?

Been a while since I've been here!! Saw this and thought of all of you. Heather and Drew are now divorced. I had noticed that it's always Drew being interviewed, without Heather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...s-but-resolve-evansdale-only-grows/356413001/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
A tragic act, leaving thousands of victims. It's unfathomable that something like this could happen in every day USA. And one day, the murderer will be hunted down ... as he did with Lyric and Elizabeth. And at that time, we will be at peace. My condolences to their parents; this is heartbreaking.
Thank you for sharing this well-written publication. It is good to see you again Squeeze.

JMOO Noteworthy from the article linked above.
“When asked about Jeff Lee Altmayer, an Ankeny man who is in jail on suspicion of enticing children with the intent to commit sex abuse, Roehrkasse said, “Most I’ll say about him is he’s a lead. ... He’s somebody we’re definitely keeping an eye on.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad to see that there is no arrest in this case yet.

Lyric and Lizzy's remains were found 5 years ago yesterday, December 5.

There's nothing new in this short article and Drew doesn't share any new information in the clip, but at least, the girls are in the news.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/36993399/...he-bodies-of-lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins

Full Interview: http://www.kwwl.com/story/37001191/...nto-new-leads-in-the-lyric-and-elizabeth-case

5 years. Unsolved. :(

Lizzie and Lyric
:rose: :rose:

Who killed these girls?

5 years. Unsolved. :(

Lizzie and Lyric
:rose: :rose:

Who killed these girls?

I wonder what if anything can be done to bring attention to Elizabeth and Lyric’s case. Have any other girls gone missing, been attacked or been killed in Iowa and surrounding states in the last five years?

I know there has been talk of Abbey and Liberty’s killer being the same perp I do not have enough information to come to an opinion about this. We don’t publicly know cause of death in either case and it may be unknown in Elizabeth and Lyric’s.

Wondering what changes if any, a FBI profiler might make in this case. Would anything change about the perp from when they last profiled the killer.?
Is it likely that he has moved out of the area, since become a drug addict or alcoholic, or has getting away thus far with murder, given them a new confidence helping that person flourish?
Will they be looking for new victims, did they decide that they were pleased and enjoyed murdering little girls, or did they regret what happened and trying to compensate by suddenly acting like a " good " person?

If the perp was very young, they would be an " adult " now, maybe that would help to catch them, on the other hand, if they were a student they could be long gone now.

Again, wondering if the same " profile " fits and if it should, or even could, be tweaked?
imo speculation.

I wonder what if anything can be done to bring attention to Elizabeth and Lyric’s case. Have any other girls gone missing, been attacked or been killed in Iowa and surrounding states in the last five years?

I know there has been talk of Abbey and Liberty’s killer being the same perp I do not have enough information to come to an opinion about this. We don’t publicly know cause of death in either case and it may be unknown in Elizabeth and Lyric’s.

Yes, I think you're onto something good, gregjrichards, a 5 year Anniversary story?

How about:

People Investigates.
Dateline.
20/20
Justice w Ashleigh Banfield
On the case w Paula Zahn
*the lady who looks like Halle Berry, sorry forgot her name, starts w a t? her sister was killed.
48 Hours on ID.

*let's write the proposal requests and get them sent off. Write the executive producers.

I'm new to this site and this conversation so please excuse my interruption. I have deeply study this particular case because my family went through this back in the late 70s. I know this will light the fuse again, but i also agree with past posts that day this was a drug related killing. Either for revenge, not paying for drugs or stealing drugs from a supplier.
This is all to familiar for me and mirrors to the T what happened.
Don Frye.

I'm new to this site and this conversation so please excuse my interruption. I have deeply study this particular case because my family went through this back in the late 70s. I know this will light the fuse again, but i also agree with past posts that day this was a drug related killing. Either for revenge, not paying for drugs or stealing drugs from a supplier.
This is all to familiar for me and mirrors to the T what happened.
Don Frye.
Welcome to Ws Don Frye!
The thing that confuses me about a possible " drug related killing " theory, is why kill the kids instead of the the adults?
imo.

Thank you for welcoming me. The reason the children we're killed was #1 Easy target's. #2 Taking the lives of the children are worth more than the drugs could ever be. In what way ?. Killing them will cause everlasting pain and sorrow and the main reason a drug dealer kills isn't to get the money or drugs back, it's revenge. Plain, simple and effective.

Thank you for welcoming me. The reason the children we're killed was #1 Easy target's. #2 Taking the lives of the children are worth more than the drugs could ever be. In what way ?. Killing them will cause everlasting pain and sorrow and the main reason a drug dealer kills isn't to get the money or drugs back, it's revenge. Plain, simple and effective.

Don, what do you think the killers were getting revenge for? Lyric's dad withdrew his plea bargain acceptance /before/ the girls were taken. I have always thought that drugs were something that played a part as well, but this paradox is what always holds me and others here back.

You have to take into consideration this wasn't just a few petty casual drug user's that got posses at each other for stealing a joint or not paying for a "nickel bag". As the person said is earlier posts, they were involved with big time drug runners, not just drug dealers and user's.
There is a difference, huge difference. As in the the case that affected me, the debt of stolen drugs had been paid back, but the deep seeded anger of being betrayed was still burning, so the two boys were told to go fishing at their normal spot....they were found dead a month later 20 miles away in a heavily wooded area.

Years after the fact, the parents admitted they knew why it happened and they were told it was a strong possibility when it was going to happen, but they basically chose to save themselves and sacrifice their children. Sounds cold hearted but happens more than you think....BTW sorry for the typo's spell check completes and sends on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl