Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

I agree.

I am curious if ANYONE was looking out for this child.
BBM

A. was posting on FB three years ago when she was 11. This is JMO, but allowing a child that young on SM (against FB rules AFAIK) is not looking out for your child. It’s basically leaving your front door unlocked so anyone can walk in and hurt your daughter. Think how long LJ had to groom her if they were interacting on FB during the past few years. :eek:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64757846.76908.100000502415825&type=3&theater

Since A. said she was being teased by her friends for needing extra help in the spring of 2017, that suggests to me that her homeschooling started this year. In that case, I'm assuming much of that might not be on file yet since we're not even through the first semester. I could be completely wrong in my assumption though.

Where is the info for the 2017 bullying? tia

BBM

A. was posting on FB three years ago when she was 11. This is JMO, but allowing a child that young on SM (against FB rules AFAIK) is not looking out for your child. It’s basically leaving your front door unlocked so anyone can walk in and hurt your daughter. Think how long LJ had to groom her if they were interacting on FB during the past few years. :eek:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64757846.76908.100000502415825&type=3&theater
Absolutely agreed.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I assume you are in touch with a mod or Tricia to get verified?

Don’t worry, A. has not been forgotten. The reason we are focused on the Mom right now is that there are no clues about where LJ and her daughter are...according to the marshall on Ashley Banfield...and the mom is the one who put her in that position and gave them a two hour headstart. Not to mention four days of lying to LE. The mom can throw mud on her aunt and LJ’s sister (?) all she wants, but the focus is on the mom only because of her own very suspicious actions. From now on, anything she says will be viewed as a possible lie. She has lost all credibility. Sorry, I’m sure you love her, but this is reality. :(
JMO

I completely agree. Everything she says must be viewed as a possible lie. My point wasn’t to defend the mother - only to keep the focus on A. I’ve seen other cases get sidetracked due to family drama and I don’t want that I happen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in January she made a reference to kissing and sex. (No kissing and "ew" in regards to sex). Now less than a year later she's pregnant? That seems really strange, quick turnaround without force being involved.

The truth is, where in the world is this child?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess they left the state of Ohio and fled somewhere they could hide, like that teacher/student case a while back the ones from Tennessee who ended up on a commune in Northern California... the other thing thats possible is someone within the family is hiding them... realistically she can’t hide for too much longer if she’s still pregnant

I completely agree. Everything she says must be viewed as a possible lie. My point wasn’t to defend the mother - only to keep the focus on A. I’ve seen other cases get sidetracked due to family drama and I don’t want that I happen here.

Thanks. I’m glad you understand the credibility issue. I know you aren’t defending the mom and we are definitely and absolutely here for A. It’s just that the family drama seems to be directly linked to her disappearance, so it’s hard to separate the two. We’re sort of spinning our wheels right now, but as soon as we have more info, I’m sure we will be honed in on A. I hope you can be verified soon. In the meantime, thIs has to be very hard for you, and you will need a thick skin, so...big hugs!

Question: is her name pronounced A. or A. Is A. pronounced A. or A. I have a friend named Alys, pronounced Aliss (accent on liss) so I’m just curious. :)

Have any searches been conducted around her house or where she lives?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is the first I've heard of a gun, maybe I missed it earlier. BBM

The mother of a pregnant 14-year-old girl who has been missing since last week has been charged with lying to police about the circumstances of her daughter's disappearance.
According to a police report, 36-year-old Helena R. Clay was charged with one count of making false alarms.
There is a warrant out for her arrest.
Clay originally told police she was driving eastbound on Interstate 76 near Akron when her daughter, A., started to hit her and she had to pull over to the side of the road.
The mother said a black Audi pulled up behind her car and the driver, Louis Jakab, walked up to her vehicle with a gun in his waistband. Clay's daughter walked back to the Audi with the man and they both left the area, she said.

According to police, Clay said her daughter and Jakab are cousins and he is believed to be the father of the 14-year-old's unborn child.
Authorities said Clay later changed her story and had filed a fake police report about the incident on the highway.According to the report, her daughter had actually run away with Jakab in Strongsville and the incident on the highway did not occur in Akron. She also told police the circumstances around the incident were different than what she previously said.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...t-14-year-old-girl-who-ran-away-with-fugitive

I never read about a gun either, but I'm not surprised a detail was added.

I never read about a gun either, but I'm not surprised a detail was added.

Anything the mom reports now has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Adds drama that seems she likes to stir up IMO

I'm getting a Shaniya Davis vibe at this point - my theory is that the mom and Jakab set up some kind of deal, and either she changed her mind afterwards, or he reneged and she got mad and then filed the police report in retaliation. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but strange things are afoot. It's hard to not let the family drama become front and center, because the whole case is defined by the family dynamics.

Hopefully, though, the main focus remains on finding A. (relatively) unharmed, then all else can be sorted out. I think he stole her away to be with her, not to harm her.

Ok so i know absolutely nothing about autism so don't beat me up. A. seems very sassy and grown in her fb interactions. Is that normal for an autistic child?

I was just about to mention the exact same thing. Autistic individuals, even those considered high functioning, usually have a hard time grasping most idioms and almost never use them to express themselves. In just one paragraph, she uses "ride or die", "throw it in my face", "[they are] cut off", "step off my tracks". It's very atypical autistic behavior.

I'm getting a Shaniya Davis vibe at this point - my theory is that the mom and Jakab set up some kind of deal, and either she changed her mind afterwards, or he reneged and she got mad and then filed the police report in retaliation. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but strange things are afoot. It's hard to not let the family drama become front and center, because the whole case is defined by the family dynamics.

Hopefully, though, the main focus remains on finding A. (relatively) unharmed, then all else can be sorted out. I think he stole her away to be with her, not to harm her.

BBM...

I am less confident of this after 's last comment.

It’s not good [emoji174]

Is trying to get verified? She/he hasn’t answered that question that I have seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back