Identified! CO - Summit Co., WhtMale, 30-50, Blonde, Wire Glasses, Indiglo Watch, Glock, July'16 Jeffrey Lee Peterson

not a guess as to identity but maybe he killed himself because he encountered a bear? who knows. it is odd he was so well prepared then shot himself.

A 2016 article concerning the high rate of suicide in the area.
http://www.vaildaily.com/news/suicide-rate-in-summit-county-reaching-record-levels/
rbbm.
The gorgeous scenery and abundance of recreation opportunities in Summit County belie the quiet suffering of many of its people. In fact, suicide rates are typically higher in mountain towns, a puzzling phenomenon that defies simple explanation. The suicide rate in Summit County was 21.3 per 100,000 in 2015, according to the Colorado Department of Health and Environment. The statewide rate is 19.4, one of the highest in the country.

"This is just speculation, but I think part of it is that Colorado is magnet state, and Summit County is a magnet area," said Vaine. "I think some people come here with a fantasy of what life will be like in a resort area, but they end up isolated and working many, many hours to make ends meet. And the problems they came here with persist."

Researchers comparing suicide rates have concluded that populations living at higher elevations may have higher suicide rates, making living in the high country a risk factor.

Just a thought.. I read it said there were 2 water bottles I wonder if they could get DNA from them and if they were both from the same person.. I wonder if it was made to look like a suicide but it was a murder? could that be possible?..Just a thought that came to mind

Doh, :facepalm: and I just realized they think the UID died in 2012 from the 2012 water bottles, so disregard the part about 2013. I was thinking if he was alive when the reward was raised he might have felt the risk of getting caught was too great after that and decided to end it himself. I also realized the glock description is not exactly a match. I don't know much about handguns, but the one found on the UID was a .45 Glock and Brown had two guns-- a 9mm Glock and .45 handgun. I guess both guns could have been Glocks? IDK. Anyway, I don't feel strongly enough about Brown to submit him as a match but if anyone else does, please feel free. :seeya:

I think he sounds good!!

https://nypost.com/2012/07/24/nypd-daily-blotter-3658/24-1n016-blotter1-300x3001[1].jpg

http://missingin.org/reg7619/nathan_adams.htm

Facial/case ID
Public viewable
Nathan Adams

Missing
Last seen alive: July 12, 2012

Circumstances: Last Seen leaving his Edison Avenue Bronx Home on 7/12/12
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Adams
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 34
Race: White
Ethnicity: Other
Sex: Male
Height: 70.0
Weight: 160.0
State: New York
County: Bronx
Appearance
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair: Blond Hair
Eye: Blue
Scars And Marks: Have scars on his chest
Tattoos: -Octopus Tattoo on Entire back (stretches to arm and leg)
-'Don't Tread on me' on his abdomen

this guy was a runaway from Utah in 2006 Michael Charles Marsh

http://www.missingin.org/reg8493/michael_charles_marsh.htm

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/marsh_michael.html

attachment.php

Good find! His glasses look very close to the UID's glasses.

ETA: He is a bit too young, however, for the suggested age range. He was 16 in 2007 which would make him only 23 in 2012.

Good find! His glasses look very close to the UID's glasses.

ETA: He is a bit too young, however, for the suggested age range. He was 16 in 2007 which would make him only 23 in 2012.

One of the articles said the UID could be as young as 23 and as old as 66...

I agree with others who wonder why he has such solid gear, but apparently killed himself.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Looking at the contour map of where he was when he shot himself, and the time of year (February), it looks to me like he probably needed that gear (especially the foot traction) just to get to the top of the ridge.

It also seems like the kind of location a person who loved the outdoors might choose to go to to die. I'm picturing him finding a spot where he could look out across the mountains so he could have that as his last sight.

Randall Irvin looks to me like a good possibility. The features look similar, & timeline seems decent.

Missing Person Case This man has blond hair and similar looking glasses. He also looks like the outdoor type (From one of his pictures). I don't think it's him though, just putting it out there. He probably planned his suicide, trying to make sure that no one would find him or identify him.

All the water bottles tell us is that he can't possibly have died before Feb. 2012. He could have bought them any time after that. I suppose after a certain date they'd be pulled off the shelves, but if he got them from a vending machine that didn't get much traffic, or a rural convenience mart, or something like that, they could have been overdue.

I don't see a lot of resemblance between Brown's photos and the reconstruction, but the circumstances would make sense.

Yes, it looks like both of his handguns could have been Glocks, though I'm surprised it didn't specify a make for the second one. Maybe they didn't know for sure what it was.

Artist rendering
August 29, 2017--
"One tube Blistex lip ointment found on body. BluMaxx high performance flashlight found on body. Items in nearby purple/grey Fila backpack include: three ammunition clips for handgun in a ziplock bag, gun is a Glock 45 serial number was destroyed,one Leatherman tool, a BlackDiamond headlamp, an ace wrap and two disposable plastic water bottles. Also found near bones: Grey Garmin GPS case containing a rock, a can of bear deterrent spray, a wooden-handled hatchet.
Near the Body

Clothing
Black winter (snowmobile?) insulated coverall with red stripes on arms. Belted with snap front. Possible red or brown flannel lined jeans. Possible blue/teal buttoned shirt. Possible white knit tee shirt or long underwear. Black outer gloves with black liners. Brown/white outdoor socks. Possible white knit briefs.
On the Body

Clothing
Black Northface ski jacket found in nearby backpack. Black fleece balaclava in backpack. Blue "Life is Good" baseball cap found near body. Also found near body: white Northface snowpants, black Northface fleece gloves - size XL, blue fleece Columbia hat, black nylon hood.
Near the Body

Eyewear
Gold wire-rimmed reading glasses found near body.
On the Body

Footwear
Dark green, gray, or black Rockport hiking shoe, size 11 on body. Black rubber Stabilizers brand yak-tracks in backpack.
On the Body"

As Carbuff noted, the water bottles really only tell us that he died sometime after February 2012. If he was a prepper/survivalist he could have had a stockpile of supplies in his home. The water bottles could have been a couple of years old when he grabbed them from his stockpile.

I live in a hurricane zone and tend to keep extra water bottles around. I recently noticed that some of the bottles we have on hand are from 2016 - when Hurricane Matthew hit.

I wonder if he was a conspiracy theorist/pseudo-military survivalist/doomsday prepper. He looks like a nerd (not a judgment) but he's well armed with likely illegally obtained weapons. He could have gotten the weapons illegally because he "didn't want the government tracking him" or a similar mindset. I've known a few guys like that. I think someone with that many weapons in the outdoors has to be paranoid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back