Identified! CO - Summit Co., WhtMale, 30-50, Blonde, Wire Glasses, Indiglo Watch, Glock, July'16 Jeffrey Lee Peterson

Since he has Amerindian in his DNA it's extremely unlikely that he is an immigrant himself. They've said the issues have come with the standardising of surnames, so I would guess that his Scandinavian ancestry is at least a couple of generations back, maybe a set of grandparents or great grandparents. With his Amerindian and African DNA I'd guess that at least one branch of his family has been in the US for some time.

Since he has Amerindian in his DNA it's extremely unlikely that he is an immigrant himself. They've said the issues have come with the standardising of surnames, so I would guess that his Scandinavian ancestry is at least a couple of generations back, maybe a set of grandparents or great grandparents. With his Amerindian and African DNA I'd guess that at least one branch of his family has been in the US for some time.
I think that sometimes that shows up because the person has ancestry in a place that certain bands of Native American people lived prior to migrating to the Americas.

Mr. Sipple was still alive in 2012 when the Summit county man died.

The Summit county man was found in 2016.

The 2012 dated waterbottle is only a time stamp of how old the water bottle may have been. It is likely this type of person (paranoid, survivalist, veteran) had a stockpile of water.

But, I think you may be right...

I think that sometimes that shows up because the person has ancestry in a place that certain bands of Native American people lived prior to migrating to the Americas.

It's possible, but I think it's unlikely. These tests generally will show your more recent ancestry. Indigenous Americans moved out of Russia and Asia a long time ago, and these tests can usually tell the difference between indigenous American DNA and east Russian etc DNA. Scandinavian DNA would not be mistaken for Native American, so he would have ancestry in Russia and Asia if that theory is correct. His DNA is a mix that I think is much more likely to be someone from the US than someone from Europe.

It's possible, but I think it's unlikely. These tests generally will show your more recent ancestry. Indigenous Americans moved out of Russia and Asia a long time ago, and these tests can usually tell the difference between indigenous American DNA and east Russian etc DNA. Scandinavian DNA would not be mistaken for Native American, so he would have ancestry in Russia and Asia if that theory is correct. His DNA is a mix that I think is much more likely to be someone from the US than someone from Europe.
I agree. I believe ancient Finns were originally from Western Siberia as well, but they are not genetically related to Siberians (Ancient Asian tribes from Siberia and Altai). I think Amerindians are related to what is called Siberian on the Gedmatch genetic admixture. I am a bit Siberian myself

The person whom I think is a likely match is an American and definitely of Swedish ancestry. Last year I submitted the suggestion to the medical examiner in Summit County CO., and to the police in the town where the guy lived. Both agencies responded that they would look into it. So far they are not ruled out in Namus.

DNA Doe Project posted on their Google Docs spreadsheet that they have a new better kit for the Summit County John Doe. The next update is March 8, 2021.
I think the last update has the numbers from the new better kit with the highest match 113,3 cM

Attachments

• E9012E2A-6B63-48EE-98FB-EEE1D5A7E971.jpeg
    E9012E2A-6B63-48EE-98FB-EEE1D5A7E971.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
How about this guy?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Went missing in Arizona in 2015 after starting a hike.

Blue eyes, blonde hair, is reported to likely have a Glock handgun. He also has a mighty big nose like the deceased.

Huh, Sipple does look rather close.

In case anybody is wondering, it's about 720 miles from where Sipple disappeared in Arizona to where the remains were found in Colorado. It would probably take a minimum of 3-4 months, depending on hiker's pace, exact route, whether he hiked every day or took time off, what the weather was like. Here's a map: Google Maps

Sipple does look quite close. They also both had blue backpacks. But Sipple disappeared in 2015 and the UID was estimated as 2011-2013 on Namus. Date estimates can be wrong so wouldn't rule him out on that alone.

Sipple does look quite close. They also both had blue backpacks. But Sipple disappeared in 2015 and the UID was estimated as 2011-2013 on Namus. Date estimates can be wrong so wouldn't rule him out on that alone.

Since he has water with him that was bottled Feb. 2012, 2011 isn't even a possibility. I would also have sworn I looked at that before I posted and it said 2012-2015.

News may be coming in a few weeks. DNA results are coming for a person of interest. It could end up being a rule out for one particular person. This according to the Summit County Coroner's office.
David Joseph Broad missing since 2011. He was last seen in New York. He left his id at home. I've read that he may have been involved in using some "hard" drugs, but there is very few details.
I had a person in mind for who the Summit man might be. Now I'm looking at David Broad. His photos look enough like the sculpture of the UI to consider it.
For now we have to wait for the DNA.

Only 2 exclusions listed in NamUs:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP25536Sean Gribble
Date of Last ContactMay 20, 2014
StateCO
CountyJefferson

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP23701Lee Ochs
Date of Last ContactOctober 29, 2012
StateCO
CountyChaffee

David Joseph Broad missing since 2011. He was last seen in New York. He left his id at home. I've read that he may have been involved in using some "hard" drugs, but there is very few details.
I had a person in mind for who the Summit man might be. Now I'm looking at David Broad. His photos look enough like the sculpture of the UI to consider it.
For now we have to wait for the DNA.

Interesting. DB seems an unlikely match, unless there is something else possibly linking him to this case. It would mean hair color and age are estimates were off.

Interesting. DB seems an unlikely match, unless there is something else possibly linking him to this case. It would mean hair color and age are estimates were off.

Namus has the age range from 23 to 50 and no hair color. The distance from NY and the likelyhood that D.B. would end up so far from home are remote. The UI was outfitted with the necessary gear for hike up on that mountain. The illegal gun and suicide(?) suggest the UI was a troubled man.
Both the UI and David Broad have stories that may someday be told.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back