IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by emptybottles...

(Not using reply with quote as your post was very long)

I just cannot figure a motive for DN in the Delphi crime unless it was to cover his tracks for another public indecency charge.

Am I clear that you think this person killed the girls so he wouldn't get another public indecency charge?

If that is what you are saying, that makes zero sense.

IMO

I'm thinking murder charges in January and another person for accessory after the fact and obstruction of justice. For Indiana and CO.

Am I clear that you think this person killed the girls so he wouldn't get another public indecency charge?

IMO

Under IN habitual offender classification he would have faced substantial jail time. The same could be said for an assault or menacing charge here in CO, which he is currently attempting to plea bargain out of.

IMO
I had the same thought, that he was exposing himself and touching and maybe talked to them. It wouldn't have simply been an indecency charge, but back to prison. Then perhaps the girls laughed or were bold and told him to get lost, remembering what KN said about how easily he took offense that someone looked down on him, a lot of things could have set him off.

I had the same thought, that he was exposing himself and touching and maybe talked to them. It wouldn't have simply been an indecency charge, but back to prison. Then perhaps the girls laughed or were bold and told him to get lost, remembering what KN said about how easily he took offense that someone looked down on him, a lot of things could have set him off.

I've considered this before, but what throws me off is the "down the hill" didn't sound upset.

I think the reward was mentioned by Dr. Phil in the episode that aired recently but you’re correct I don’t think it has been publicised enough.

Your post got me thinking about another situation what if the person who knows who BG is is also a criminal possibly for sex crimes and won’t come forward. I hope not.

I think the fact that LE made it clear that they would arrest people that had nothing to do with the investigation but had done other illegal things could have possibly hurt things/dissuaded someone(s) from coming forward. Poor choice on their end, in my opinion. Of course they can’t look the other way but they publicized it, and spoke on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. 5 convictions for public indecency. One in Spartanburg, 4 in Camp Lejeune. He was placed on probation. Then in S. Carolina he was caught the day after committing public exposure (public indecency #6) and was sentenced to 3 years in prison.

Your dates are incorrect. LE interviewed the landlord on July 18th after DN was FTA for his July 17th court appearance. They thought he had lived there in May, June and July but the landlord told them DN actually had checked out in late April. They were definitely in Colorado mid-May according to KN's FB posts. Remember that KN has an FTA warrant out for her arrest in IN also.

DN was in the Morgan Co jail from Feb 24th to some time in early March from what I can find.

DN's last registry check-in was April 10 and then he registered his address at the Greenwood motel on April 12th.

On April 25th DN was pulled over with a suspended license and pot, for probably the 4th or 5th time in 2 years. He was thrown in the Johnson Co jail and KN bailed him out that night. I found her FB comment on the JC jail website thanking the staff for helping her do the paperwork. http://www.usacountyrecords.com/state/indiana/jails/johnson-county-in-jail-inmates/ look in the comments posted on April 25th.

DN's court appearance was scheduled for July 17th, he was FTA since he had long fled to CO. So it was July 18th that they went looking for him and then interviewed the landlord. The Delphi sketch being released July 17th was just a coincidence. DN had already been in Colorado for over 2 months.

I'm guessing they left Indiana between April 26th-30th for Colorado. Rent was due May 1. He did not pay for May.
DN knew he was going back to prison when he was busted April 25th and hoped to be long gone by the time his July court date came around. Because KN had an FTA also they were going to loose their kids if they stayed in IN.

Yeah, I just don't see that happening (walking back down trail)... unless their were multiple assailants and his part in the crime was done. I wouldn't say murder for hire, but perhaps his part in the crime as simply finding victims and pushing them into the hands of those who performed the actual murder. That is wild speculation.

I just cannot figure a motive for DN in the Delphi crime unless it was to cover his tracks for another public indecency charge. Maybe he exposed himself to the girls? He could have been fulfilling a pledge to a gang, or my other thoughts are that it was simple rage towards KN after she posted that FB message on Feb 13th about the baby. Rage that he could not be with his pregnant wife. That is the one I lean towards the most.

The question is... if it was DN, why was he in Delphi 1 1/2 hr from where he normally stayed? I bet KN can answer this question.

They were both fugitives at this point and this was no family vacation to find a lost brother's killer. The killer of DN's brother was caught a few days after the murder, mid-January. There were multiple witnesses to the fight, and his brother's killer was in jail awaiting trial. There was no question in anyone's mind that his brothers killer was going to prison.

I'm kind of surprised KN posted FB messages in Denver considering they both had FTA's in IN. Her affinity for FB also leads me to believe she probably has multiple FB accounts we do not know about.

When a horse breaks a leg he dies of a gunshot too. Not saying that's true. But I don't have anything to tell me it is not. Like an autopsy report.

I think you can answer this question yourself now?

I believe this charge comes from the Nations stopping at a popular elementary school playground in Woodland Park for their kids to play. Perhaps this is where KN spent time with her kids while DN was up at Mt Herman with the car.
https://goo.gl/maps/TdPEvCKARrQ2
All of the schools in Woodland Park are on Rampart Range Rd as you come down from Rampart Range where they were reportedly camping. They couldn't have missed it.

Last thing. Some of you were asking about dilated pupils. There is another drug. Adrenaline.
I have searched for some connection to the Delphi area but have not come up with a thing. I cannot find a connection to IN at all and do not know why they left FL. But if it is true that he was working for a contractor out of Zionsville then he may have had work in Delphi. I have sort of leaned toward seeing a tool belt pouch where others saw a fanny pack anyway. And who knows the contacts he makes in jail.

He is accused of scaring people off the trail with a hatchet here, in addition to threatening another driver who he felt ran him off the road.

KN Interview.Then, a chance encounter with an erratic driver seemed to send him over the edge. Katelyn said the family was driving down Mount Herman Road in August or September, she couldn't remember the date, when a passing truck took a corner too fast and edged into their lane. Daniel whipped the car to the right to avoid crashing, but the maneuver brought the vehicle dangerously close to tumbling off the side, Katelyn said. "That set him off," Katelyn said. "He jumped out and took off screaming after them, but I was so scared about what happened I never looked back. If he had a hatchet, I never saw it." Daniel's explosion lasted only about five minutes, Katelyn said. The truck never stopped. That was Daniel's only aggressive interaction on Mount Herman Road that Katelyn said she witnessed or was aware of, though police said in his arrest records that a man and woman resembling Daniel and Katelyn Nations were involved in menacing complaints in the area on Aug. 23 and 24.

I have searched for some connection to the Delphi area but have not come up with a thing. I cannot find a connection to IN at all and do not know why they left FL. But if it is true that he was working for a contractor out of Zionsville then he may have had work in Delphi. I have sort of leaned toward seeing a tool belt pouch where others saw a fanny pack anyway. And who knows the contacts he makes in jail.

Same here. I'm stumped on how he and his wife ended up in IN, much less Delphi. He was arrested in both Morgan and Johnson counties in IN though for driving with a suspended license. So he was driving regardless of what his wife says.

There has to be some other charges.

One other thought. He was convicted and sentenced in 2007. Could he have been transferred to a federal prison in IN? then moved to FL before grandma kicked him out?

He is accused of scaring people off the trail with a hatchet here, in addition to threatening another driver who he felt ran him off the road.

KN Interview.Then, a chance encounter with an erratic driver seemed to send him over the edge. Katelyn said the family was driving down Mount Herman Road in August or September, she couldn't remember the date, when a passing truck took a corner too fast and edged into their lane. Daniel whipped the car to the right to avoid crashing, but the maneuver brought the vehicle dangerously close to tumbling off the side, Katelyn said. "That set him off," Katelyn said. "He jumped out and took off screaming after them, but I was so scared about what happened I never looked back. If he had a hatchet, I never saw it." Daniel's explosion lasted only about five minutes, Katelyn said. The truck never stopped. That was Daniel's only aggressive interaction on Mount Herman Road that Katelyn said she witnessed or was aware of, though police said in his arrest records that a man and woman resembling Daniel and Katelyn Nations were involved in menacing complaints in the area on Aug. 23 and 24.

This is one example of why I don't trust KN. No.....two !

I think the fact that LE made it clear that they would arrest people that had nothing to do with the investigation but had done other illegal things could have possibly hurt things/dissuaded someone(s) from coming forward. Poor choice on their end, in my opinion. Of course they can’t look the other way but they publicized it, and spoke on it.

I agree entirely that was a big blunder they made.

I'm thinking between prison, bridges, drug associates, etc., DN knew where to find work with his RSO record. I think we will find that is what put him in Delphi. Not the bridge so much, although he may have gone there for some drug connection, but he was in Delphi looking for work I think. I also believe LE is aware of this connection and it will all fall in line. With the RSO's and drug activity in that area they just need to be sure DN is the person who did this terrible crime. Suddenly leaving the state doesn't look good for him. And I believe that KN is lying as to why they left! Now, why would she do that? I believe the answer is clear. jmho

Yes. 5 convictions for public indecency. One in Spartanburg, 4 in Camp Lejeune. He was placed on probation. Then in S. Carolina he was caught the day after committing public exposure (public indecency #6) and was sentenced to 3 years in prison.

Your dates are incorrect. LE interviewed the landlord on July 18th after DN was FTA for his July 17th court appearance. They thought he had lived there in May, June and July but the landlord told them DN actually had checked out in late April. They were definitely in Colorado mid-May according to KN's FB posts. Remember that KN has an FTA warrant out for her arrest in IN also.

DN was in the Morgan Co jail from Feb 24th to some time in early March from what I can find.

DN's last registry check-in was April 10 and then he registered his address at the Greenwood motel on April 12th.

On April 25th DN was pulled over with a suspended license and pot, for probably the 4th or 5th time in 2 years. He was thrown in the Johnson Co jail and KN bailed him out that night. I found her FB comment on the JC jail website thanking the staff for helping her do the paperwork. http://www.usacountyrecords.com/state/indiana/jails/johnson-county-in-jail-inmates/ look in the comments posted on April 25th.

DN's court appearance was scheduled for July 17th, he was FTA since he had long fled to CO. So it was July 18th that they went looking for him and then interviewed the landlord. The Delphi sketch being released July 17th was just a coincidence. DN had already been in Colorado for over 2 months.

I'm guessing they left Indiana between April 26th-30th for Colorado. Rent was due May 1. He did not pay for May.
DN knew he was going back to prison when he was busted April 25th and hoped to be long gone by the time his July court date came around. Because KN had an FTA also they were going to loose their kids if they stayed in IN.

Yeah, I just don't see that happening (walking back down trail)... unless their were multiple assailants and his part in the crime was done. I wouldn't say murder for hire, but perhaps his part in the crime as simply finding victims and pushing them into the hands of those who performed the actual murder. That is wild speculation.

I just cannot figure a motive for DN in the Delphi crime unless it was to cover his tracks for another public indecency charge. Maybe he exposed himself to the girls? He could have been fulfilling a pledge to a gang, or my other thoughts are that it was simple rage towards KN after she posted that FB message on Feb 13th about the baby. Rage that he could not be with his pregnant wife. That is the one I lean towards the most.

The question is... if it was DN, why was he in Delphi 1 1/2 hr from where he normally stayed? I bet KN can answer this question.

They were both fugitives at this point and this was no family vacation to find a lost brother's killer. The killer of DN's brother was caught a few days after the murder, mid-January. There were multiple witnesses to the fight, and his brother's killer was in jail awaiting trial. There was no question in anyone's mind that his brothers killer was going to prison.

I'm kind of surprised KN posted FB messages in Denver considering they both had FTA's in IN. Her affinity for FB also leads me to believe she probably has multiple FB accounts we do not know about.

When a horse breaks a leg he dies of a gunshot too. Not saying that's true. But I don't have anything to tell me it is not. Like an autopsy report.

I think you can answer this question yourself now?

I believe this charge comes from the Nations stopping at a popular elementary school playground in Woodland Park for their kids to play. Perhaps this is where KN spent time with her kids while DN was up at Mt Herman with the car.
https://goo.gl/maps/TdPEvCKARrQ2
All of the schools in Woodland Park are on Rampart Range Rd as you come down from Rampart Range where they were reportedly camping. They couldn't have missed it.

Last thing. Some of you were asking about dilated pupils. There is another drug. Adrenaline.

bbm= this!

Maybe, KN has been something like "lord of life or death" in this marriage: As soon as she threatened to separate and take the child (plural after giving birth to the baby boy) and take the car and take the money (welfare or earned) and take all the privileges a wife meant to DN - then perhaps he went on a rampage, more or less deadly. And maybe because of that she felt very strong and "loved" if he did this. The more diabolical the more a proof of love for Mrs. wife KN, perhaps.
When she is posting pics of herself with her 2 children with DN and is telling the world she is "thankful for the 3 of us", I think she is going to intentionally upset him and hurt him at the most sensitive point. Afterwards she seems satisfied and next time she can show her tongue piercing or something else of funny things and can be in a very good mood. A wife who just had her husband arrested (also suspected for heinous crimes) and a wife who had applied for a restraining order against him during the process of divorce and a wife who just lost her (next) children, in my opinion would have better to do than playing around with facebook as an innocent "mega star" of that whole life story. IMO MOO
I would be very interested to learn if 2012 their marriage already had the first crack. Maybe, she already then manipulated him to get her "proof of love", in all her innocence of course.

The hands in the pockets ... he definitely seemed comfortable walking the bridge.

I agree and especially since he must have at some point planned HOW he was going to walk that bridge too. Slow, let them get ahead just so much, then fast and then faster as he nears Abby and Libby at the end of the bridge . You have to have a pretty good idea of the lay of the land on such a treacherous and relatively short bridge to know how long its going to take you to get there without scaring the girls into running away and be confident enough of your own footing to anticipate a sudden approach at the SE end of the bridge . A gun will certainly help control most variables but it wont help if you"re slipping and stumbling and BG looked supremely confident as he moved in on Abby and took control of both girls . He was looking down but not tentatively This guy KNOWS that bridge very very VERY well... jmo
(ps Sorry I' m Australian . We dont get the news about this case at all so if I make dumb mistakes or repeat info forgive me .no excuse for poor research I know but I try to keep up because I want this SOB behind bars !!... Happy Christmas to all WebSleuthers :)

I agree and especially since he must have at some point planned HOW he was going to walk that bridge too. Slow, let them get ahead just so much, then fast and then faster as he nears Abby and Libby at the end of the bridge . You have to have a pretty good idea of the lay of the land on such a treacherous and relatively short bridge to know how long its going to take you to get there without scaring the girls into running away and be confident enough of your own footing to anticipate a sudden approach at the SE end of the bridge . A gun will certainly help control most variables but it wont help if you"re slipping and stumbling and BG looked supremely confident as he moved in on Abby and took control of both girls . He was looking down but not tentatively This guy KNOWS that bridge very very VERY well... jmo
(ps Sorry I' m Australian . We dont get the news about this case at all so if I make dumb mistakes or repeat info forgive me . I try to keep up because I want this SOB behind bars !!... Happy Christmas to all WebSleuthers :)

Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you for caring about justice for Abigail and Liberty and for posting with us.

The hands in the pockets ... he definitely seemed comfortable walking the bridge.[/QUOTE
]
(ps Sorry I' m Australian . We dont get the news about this case at all so if I make dumb mistakes or repeat info forgive me .no excuse for poor research I know but I try to keep up because I want this SOB behind bars !!... Happy Christmas to all WebSleuthers :)

I agree 100%
And no worries! There are so many amazing WSer’s here that post updated info anytime there is any, they make it easy to keep up with everything :)
Merry Christmas to you as well!

Unfortunately the police do not give the DN anymore importance then the other 100s of possible POI in this case. I cannot make a square peg fit a round hole.

Here is the document I saw that details when LE contacted the manager at the Greenwood hotel trying to verify it was actually his address on May 1. Then although they made several more attempts they didn't speak to the manager again until July when they were told he left on May 12.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...TDx0QFggcMAA&usg=AOvVaw3qheFytARp_pjSEO3LghnM

Thanks, ocgrad. Great document find!
So the Sgt had a detective with him who is out of Frankfort. Interesting. http://frankfort-in.gov/?s=detective+tom+walker&submit=
That is an hour away from Greenwood and the document states, "Through the months of May and June 01‘2017. Detective Walker and I attempted to visit Nations and to contact him on the cell number he had registered numerous more times to no avail."
You don't just have a detective with you for checking on an RSO. Trying to rule him out for some nefarious act, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean