Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was more news on the girls. I'd love to see this story picked up nation wide! They could be anywhere by now!

^Agreed, 100% - I've shared this on my personal pages, let's try to signal boost this to raise awareness. So scared for these two....

It was just mentioned on ABC News. I don’t think they mentioned murder, just the alert.

I think all of us who have been members here for a while know how utterly dangerous this situation is...

Yes, this is the most volatile and dangerous of situations...these poor girls. Maybe it could work in favor they they aren’t his...here’s to hoping. I hate this. Round Rock isn’t far from me in Austin. It’s chilling and scary and every minute they aren’t found things seem bleaker. The report on him from 2011 is very telling. This man was a murder waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is from 2011. Only thing that popped up.

Sulphur man arrested on second degree murder charges
Kristian Claus
Posted: 11/03/2011 6:18 PM
SULPHUR, LA (KPLC) - On October 31st at 8:52 AM, Sulphur Police served a warrant for attempted second degree murder to Terry Allen Miles, 38, of Sulphur.

The charges stem from an incident involving Miles on October 1st where Sulphur Police say he was in a domestic dispute with his then live-in girlfriend whom was beaten with a blunt object and strangled to the point of unconsciousness.

That was not the first time Miles had been charged with domestic abuse.

An investigation is pending. Miles was held on $800,000 Bail.

Copyright 2011 KPLC. All rights reserved.

http://m.kplctv.com/kplctv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:kF1Wzw7U

It was just mentioned on ABC News. I don’t think they mentioned murder, just the alert.

It would be so much better if the news outlets would mention the murder also. It really shows the urgency in finding these girls.

A single Round Rock police patrol unit was parked, Monday, in front of a duplex on Leslie Court. On the other side of the crime scene tape, James Reid and his family live next door.

He said*their cul-de-sac looked much different Sunday when he came home from work.

"It was like CSI, if you've ever seen that show, it was just police everywhere, some had all white suits on, I guess not to make foot prints in the house or something like that,” said Reid.

Reid said an official with the rental company also came to their duplex several days before the police. He was asked if he knew anything about a reported domestic disturbance. Reid said his neighbors looked like a typical family; a husband, wife and two daughters. The man, according to Reid claimed he and his wife were actually caring for a niece and a girl who they adopted. He said they kept to themselves, but he remembers a strange request the man once made.

"He was a little strange when I first met him, like I said, I don’t know anybody that when you first meet somebody and they try to get you to baby sit your kids, so that was kind of a no, no, to me,” said Reid.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-missing-round-rock-girls

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

It would be so much better if the news outlets would mention the murder also. It really shows the urgency in finding these girls.
I apsolutely agree! I think this needs everyone’s full attention! Unfortunately mentioning the murder might have gotten more people to listen.

Looked through his Facebook page. He claims his wife or previous wife died at some point and links to her account. And she seemed to be a troubled individual as well. I wonder if he was married and if she is deceased, and what those circumstances were.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The latest article has it that they may be in Colorado but there is no indication as to why LE thinks that.
http://www.krdo.com/news/national-i...g-out-of-texas-could-be-in-colorado/680251904

ROUND ROCK, Texas - Two young girls reported missing out of Texas could be in Colorado, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

An Amber Alert has been activated in Texas. Authorities believe the three may be traveling across state lines, possibly into Colorado. If you have information on where these three might be, call 911 immediately.

If the Facebook profile y'all are looking at is the one listed on pg. 3 I get the impression that isn't him. For starters, there are only 13 friends listed on that page and the public posts are clickbait links. I think that profile was either his at one point but it was hacked (the clickbait, crazy posts are usual tell tale markers for hacked Facebook profiles) OR it's a social engineering profile. I would treat anything you see on that profile as suspect and questionable until more details about the guy can be verified.
His son is friends with this profile. He mentions his son and grandkids off and on, posting pictures publicly of them. It does not look like a fake profile to me. I've seen and reported a lot of fake profiles and nothing about this one looks fake.

His son is friends with this profile. He mentions his son and grandkids off and on, posting pictures publicly of them. It does not look like a fake profile to me. I've seen and reported a lot of fake profiles and nothing about this one looks fake.

The profile link I saw had nothing mentioning his son or grandkids from at least as far back as October (that's as far as I scrolled) with the exception of one post where he referred to his grandchildren as his "precious angels" or some such comment. I'm not saying it's not his I'm just saying take what is seen and said on that profile with a grain of salt until we know more. Knowing how people are on Facebook I'm immediately suspect of any profile with such a low number of friends and more clickbait links than legitimate status updates.

ETA: Just to address the comment about his son being friends with the profile. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. If the profile was hacked the son could have never deleted the profile (for instance, I currently have one person with four profiles who are on my friends list because she forgot her login details for the other 3 profiles so she just made a new profile) and just accepted a new friend request from his dad on the new profile or if it is a social engineering profile most people will just blindly accept a friend request from a profile with a name, some pics and some details that match up with the person they know. I'm not saying either of these are the case here, just saying the presence or absence of a family member doesn't automatically make the profile valid.

From two hours ago:

An Amber Alert was issued Sunday for two girls who may have been abducted by a man who has been named a person of interest in the suspicious death of their mother, Round Rock police said.
Earlier Sunday, officers responded to a welfare concern at a home in the 2600 block of Leslie Court in Round Rock and found the mother of the two children dead inside, police said. The woman and two girls lived at the home.
Police did not say what Miles' relationship is to the two girls.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...s-7-14-may-abducted-man-last-heard-round-rock

I saw on his FB that he bought a used Saturn on September 26, 2017. He said it would make a cute little car for someone so I don't know if he bought it for himself or someone else. If it's his then who owns the Hyundai Accent, him or the woman he killed?

He has a surprisingly small paper trail online. I was able to find him on a people finder site with the town where his son and ex live, but even then the only thing that showed up was an old address. I was going to search the Calcasieu Parish court records (where Sulphur is located) to see what happened with the old murder case, but they want $20(!) just to search for a day.

A single Round Rock police patrol unit was parked, Monday, in front of a duplex on Leslie Court. On the other side of the crime scene tape, James Reid and his family live next door.

He said*their cul-de-sac looked much different Sunday when he came home from work.

"It was like CSI, if you've ever seen that show, it was just police everywhere, some had all white suits on, I guess not to make foot prints in the house or something like that,” said Reid.

Reid said an official with the rental company also came to their duplex several days before the police. He was asked if he knew anything about a reported domestic disturbance. Reid said his neighbors looked like a typical family; a husband, wife and two daughters. The man, according to Reid claimed he and his wife were actually caring for a niece and a girl who they adopted. He said they kept to themselves, but he remembers a strange request the man once made.

"He was a little strange when I first met him, like I said, I don’t know anybody that when you first meet somebody and they try to get you to baby sit your kids, so that was kind of a no, no, to me,” said Reid.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-missing-round-rock-girls

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Wow so they had a two day head start...so then the missing date would be two days earlier, right? Do we need to change the title? With two days ahead of everyone they really could be anywhere. And poor Lulu, goodness she looks so sad in her photos..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The profile link I saw had nothing mentioning his son or grandkids from at least as far back as October (that's as far as I scrolled) with the exception of one post where he referred to his grandchildren as his "precious angels" or some such comment. I'm not saying it's not his I'm just saying take what is seen and said on that profile with a grain of salt until we know more. Knowing how people are on Facebook I'm immediately suspect of any profile with such a low number of friends and more clickbait links than legitimate status updates.
SABBM

Somewhat confusing, these FB profiles. Looking at the abductor's FB-- I thought he referred to the girls as his "grandkids".

If he's on the road with a 14 yr.old and a 7 yr, old... how is he taking care of them ?? Kids get 'antsy', and need to eat, stretch their legs, etc.
And a 7 yr. old can become fussy !
I realize this is after the fact... but the abductor's face gives me the creeps. :(
:moo:

From two hours ago:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...s-7-14-may-abducted-man-last-heard-round-rock

I saw on his FB that he bought a used Saturn on September 26, 2017. He said it would make a cute little car for someone so I don't know if he bought it for himself or someone else. If it's his then who owns the Hyundai Accent, him or the woman he killed?
From his Facebook profile, he seems like the kind of guy who might flip cars on occasion to make money. I assumed that's what he was doing with that car.

ETA: Just to address the comment about his son being friends with the profile. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. If the profile was hacked the son could have never deleted the profile (for instance, I currently have one person with four profiles who are on my friends list because she forgot her login details for the other 3 profiles so she just made a new profile) and just accepted a new friend request from his dad on the new profile or if it is a social engineering profile most people will just blindly accept a friend request from a profile with a name, some pics and some details that match up with the person they know. I'm not saying either of these are the case here, just saying the presence or absence of a family member doesn't automatically make the profile valid.
I still don't see anything on his profile that makes me think it was hacked. If you go back farther than you did, you'll see it's pretty consistent in terms of the types of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member