Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I used the word "claims." From his Facebook profile, he strikes me as someone extremely immature for an adult, and I wondered if he was one of those people who called his girlfriend his "wife" like teenagers sometimes do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. His FB profile reads to me like a narcissistic child...pretty scary stuff. And I can easily him saying something like this is my wife and kids etc to put on a “better face” for the neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SABBM

Somewhat confusing, these FB profiles. Looking at the abductor's FB-- I thought he referred to the girls as his "grandkids".

If he's on the road with a 14 yr.old and a 7 yr, old... how is he taking care of them ?? Kids get 'antsy', and need to eat, stretch their legs, etc.
And a 7 yr. old can become fussy !
I realize this is after the fact... but the abductor's face gives me the creeps. :(
:moo:

I think the grandkids referenced on his FB are much younger than the missing girls. They are his son’s children, IMO. I haven’t seen a clear relationship between Miles, the deceased woman and the two missing girls.

We aren’t allowed to sleuth TM’s deceased “wife” are we?? Was able to find obit and some possibly interesting info but not sure I can post...

He has a surprisingly small paper trail online. I was able to find him on a people finder site with the town where his son and ex live, but even then the only thing that showed up was an old address. I was going to search the Calcasieu Parish court records (where Sulphur is located) to see what happened with the old murder case, but they want $20(!) just to search for a day.

Thanks for looking into that. Just to clarify, it was attempted murder charges in 2011.

We aren’t allowed to sleuth TM’s deceased “wife” are we?? Was able to find obit and some possibly interesting info but not sure I can post...

Probably not, but someone posted one online obit above, so...

I think the grandkids referenced on his FB are much younger than the missing girls. They are his son’s children, IMO. I haven’t seen a clear relationship between Miles, the deceased woman and the two missing girls.

Seconding this, he is referencing his son’s kids (complete with photos).

Agreed. His FB profile reads to me like a narcissistic child...pretty scary stuff. And I can easily him saying something like this is my wife and kids etc to put on a “better face” for the neighbors.

I think I'm not suspicious of his profile having been hacked like one other poster is because I had known a man his age who posted quite like this, and yes, he was a narcissist with a long criminal history who could be very charming in person but who absolutely failed to bring that persona online somehow. The similarities are creeping me out, actually.

I think I'm not suspicious of his profile having been hacked like one other poster is because I had known a man his age who posted quite like this, and yes, he was a narcissist with a long criminal history who could be very charming in person but who absolutely failed to bring that persona online somehow. The similarities are creeping me out, actually.

Same - nothing about it seems hacked to me...it’s eerily similar to other’s I’ve known, like you said, that are in the same vein (narcissistic, self-obsessed etc). I would bet some good money that’s most definitely his account.

This is the second time I’ve seen reference to the relationship:

“Miles was a roommate at the home, and police said they knew of no other relationship between him and the girls' mother.”
From: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...s-7-14-may-abducted-man-last-heard-round-rock
Glad you found this. I had only seen it as a rumor previously. I wonder if he wanted more from her. Maybe wanted a ready made family. I have known guys like that before. Very clingy and ultimately scary people who claim to love very easily and quickly.

Probably not, but someone posted one online obit above, so...

Bleh. I’ll wait and see if a mod weighs in, maybe we can flag my post? I find some of it very interesting and telling (he isn’t mentioned once, for one) but would rather not break TOS.

I think, but am not sure, that we can verify or disprove information he has posted on his own Facebook profile.

Same - nothing about it seems hacked to me...it’s eerily similar to other’s I’ve known, like you said, that are in the same vein (narcissistic, self-obsessed etc). I would bet some good money that’s most definitely his account.

IMG_9099.jpg Definitely the same guy and I personally don't think it is a fake/hacked profile

His son is friends with this profile. He mentions his son and grandkids off and on, posting pictures publicly of them. It does not look like a fake profile to me. I've seen and reported a lot of fake profiles and nothing about this one looks fake.

It's interesting that his son never responds or "likes" any of his posts. It might show some insight into the family dynamic.

I think, but am not sure, that we can verify or disprove information he has posted on his own Facebook profile.

Whoa, it's very apparent after looking at TM's Facebook page, the man is not right.

Round Rock police on Monday identified the victims of two separate supicious deaths from New Year’s Eve and continue to ask for the public’s help in locating two abducted girls, the daughters of one of the victims.

Chief Allen Banks said police responded Dec. 30 at 10:36 a.m. to a welfare check call, made by a co-worker, to the home of Tonya Bates, 44, in the 2100 block of Leslie Court. But officers did not find anything suspicious at the time and left, Banks said.

Later that night, at about 8:30 p.m., Bates’ boyfriend called Round Rock police saying he was concerned about not being able to reach her or her children, Banks said.

Officers again went to the home, knocked on the door and searched the area and did not find a vehicle. They did not find anything suspicious, however, so they left but continued the investigation, he said.

After further investigation, police received enough information where they felt they needed to enter the residence, Banks said. Police entered and found Bates dead in the home and determined it to be a suspicious death, he said.

Police do not know how long Bates had been dead before their arrival, but an autopsy is underway.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/round-rock-police-identify-victims-suspicious-new-year-eve-deaths/brDUijQPpCIpwsojvKa2wO/

Round Rock police on Monday identified the victims of two separate supicious deaths from New Year’s Eve and continue to ask for the public’s help in locating two abducted girls, the daughters of one of the victims.

Chief Allen Banks said police responded Dec. 30 at 10:36 a.m. to a welfare check call, made by a co-worker, to the home of Tonya Bates, 44, in the 2100 block of Leslie Court. But officers did not find anything suspicious at the time and left, Banks said.

Later that night, at about 8:30 p.m., Bates’ boyfriend called Round Rock police saying he was concerned about not being able to reach her or her children, Banks said.

Officers again went to the home, knocked on the door and searched the area and did not find a vehicle. They did not find anything suspicious, however, so they left but continued the investigation, he said.

After further investigation, police received enough information where they felt they needed to enter the residence, Banks said. Police entered and found Bates dead in the home and determined it to be a suspicious death, he said.

Police do not know how long Bates had been dead before their arrival, but an autopsy is underway.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/round-rock-police-identify-victims-suspicious-new-year-eve-deaths/brDUijQPpCIpwsojvKa2wO/

So they went out on two welfare checks but didn't enter the home. That explains the delay.

"Bates’ daughters — 14-year-old Lilianais Victoria Cake Griffith and 7-year-old Luluvioletta Mariposo Bandera-Magret — were not in the residence at the time, Banks said. Nor was roommate Terry Allen Miles, 44, who was last seen Dec. 30 and is a person of interest in both the suspicious death and the abduction.

Banks said police believe Miles abducted the children and are possibly driving a gray 2007 Hyundai Accent with Texas license plate JGH9845. The vehicle has a hatchback with a white sticker on the upper righthand corner of the rear window.

The last possible sighting of the vehicle was in northern New Mexico or southern Colorado.

Thanks for the ID, Knox! I saw Tonya Bates' FB - she "liked" some posts on Miles' FB. Here's her FB:

https://www.facebook.com/TonyaEllenBates

She has photos of the girls as late as December 17 and was posting pics of them on a holiday to New York City, returning to Austin on the 17th.

So they went out on two welfare checks but didn't enter the home. That explains the delay.

"Bates’ daughters — 14-year-old Lilianais Victoria Cake Griffith and 7-year-old Luluvioletta Mariposo Bandera-Magret — were not in the residence at the time, Banks said. Nor was roommate Terry Allen Miles, 44, who was last seen Dec. 30 and is a person of interest in both the suspicious death and the abduction.

Banks said police believe Miles abducted the children and are possibly driving a gray 2007 Hyundai Accent with Texas license plate JGH9845. The vehicle has a hatchback with a white sticker on the upper righthand corner of the rear window.

The last possible sighting of the vehicle was in northern New Mexico or southern Colorado.
OMG, they could be anywhere now, with the head start he had after killing their Mom and whoever was with her when they were abducted! They could be in New England area by now, for all we know. Crazy! I hope those poor girls are ok and that he doesn't harm them, but I don't like the feeling I am getting.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown