Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trinidad. There is a Walmart in Trinidad.
There is also a large lake and state park nearby, Trinidad Lake State Park.

Walmart does seem to be the preferred choice of kidnappers and criminals on the run.

So, according to news reports we have co-workers that said they had last seen Tonya Bates at work on Friday evening. Terry Miles was seen on Saturday at a business in Trinidad Colorado which is a nearly 12 hour drive from Round Rock. So that likely puts the murder early on Saturday or late on Friday. LE didn't say the name of the business. This suggests he either used an debit/credit card of his or Tonya's. LE did not say what time of the day this was. This could be as much as 24 hours or more before the AMBER ALERT went out.

LE says there have been other sightings reported but no video confirmation elsewhere in Southern Colorado.

Theoretically they could be anywhere by now. If the girls are/were unaware that Mom is dead then they may think they are on a trip to a "fun" place - like Yellowstone. In my opinion it is possible by using non-chain hotels and motels that he could get by with not resorting to sleeping in the car.

In my opinion he could also be heading to the Seattle area as Tonya had lived there as well as the Lili's father for a number of years and there may be family of the older girl there. (The court case where the father or his parents got involved with custody is out of Washington State - a lot of names came up in the docket).

It was reported that TM was last heard from on Saturday in Round Rock. I have no idea what “heard from” means in this instance. If that’s the case, then it would appear that Tonya was killed early Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

States really need to make it easier. Illinois has judici.com, which is a great resource, except in the counties that don't participate. It really depends on the state. And Google searches pull up information easily on some people but not so easily on others whose last names are also commonly used words.

For instance, I haven't been able to find the outcome of the case he is a POI in, but that Parker's niece was arrested for. Have no idea if the charges were dropped on her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A WOMAN ACCUSED OF KILLING HER AUNT IN SULPHUR HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON. 55-YEAR-OLD SARAH FLORENCE PARKER HAD BEEN HELD IN PRISON SINCE NOVEMBER ON A MILLION DOLLAR BOND. SHE HAD BEEN CHARGED WITH SECOND DEGREE MURDER FOR THE DEATH OF HER AUNT, 66-YEAR-OLD PAMELA PARKER LAST NOVEMBER. SARAH’S ATTORNEY, ANDREW CASANAVE, SAYS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE DID NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO CONNECT HER TO THE CRIME, AND SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ARRESTED.
https://kajn.com/3-16-15/

ETA: The all caps was not me, lol, it's how it appears at the link.

A WOMAN ACCUSED OF KILLING HER AUNT IN SULPHUR HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM PRISON. 55-YEAR-OLD SARAH FLORENCE PARKER HAD BEEN HELD IN PRISON SINCE NOVEMBER ON A MILLION DOLLAR BOND. SHE HAD BEEN CHARGED WITH SECOND DEGREE MURDER FOR THE DEATH OF HER AUNT, 66-YEAR-OLD PAMELA PARKER LAST NOVEMBER. SARAH’S ATTORNEY, ANDREW CASANAVE, SAYS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE DID NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO CONNECT HER TO THE CRIME, AND SHE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ARRESTED.
Have you been able to find more information on his involvement in this crime?

I think he's literally gotten away with murder (and attempted murder).

I also found a public post from another woman on Facebook about having dealt with him before, saying he's dangerous.

So, according to news reports we have co-workers that said they had last seen Tonya Bates at work on Friday evening. Terry Miles was seen on Saturday at a business in Trinidad Colorado which is a nearly 12 hour drive from Round Rock. So that likely puts the murder early on Saturday or late on Friday. LE didn't say the name of the business. This suggests he either used an debit/credit card of his or Tonya's. LE did not say what time of the day this was. This could be as much as 24 hours or more before the AMBER ALERT went out.

LE says there have been other sightings reported but no video confirmation elsewhere in Southern Colorado.

Theoretically they could be anywhere by now. If the girls are/were unaware that Mom is dead then they may think they are on a trip to a "fun" place - like Yellowstone. In my opinion it is possible by using non-chain hotels and motels that he could get by with not resorting to sleeping in the car.

In my opinion he could also be heading to the Seattle area as Tonya had lived there as well as the Lili's father for a number of years and there may be family of the older girl there. (The court case where the father or his parents got involved with custody is out of Washington State - a lot of names came up in the docket).

So they disappeared around the 29th of December?

Regarding the comments around getting conned, background checks, etc......for those who were around on Monday I seem to recall it being very hard to find anything about this guy. We were sleuthing through the bizarre Facebook page and googling the hell out of him, everyone who knew him, and their dogs. We weren't even willing to spend $20 to see what the county had, afraid it would come up a parking ticket. It wasn't until you went back to California and with the good fortune of SB County (God Bless you, SB!) having open and accessible records that we started piecing things together. Even then, I'd imagine his story is it was a set-up.....consensual sex, she seduced him, started a row, she hit him first and he barely pushed her back and she called the cops. All the other stuff with the daughter in Cali is only because we started looking into the woman (not him). So, it's not as easy and googling someone to find out. That was a lot of hours and people digging.

And there was no paper trail on my coo-coo bird when I met him. He's got one now in more than one county, so I'm assuming the folks who associate with him now didn't bother to check the county clerk's office.

Point is: it's not always as easy as googling someone. Especially if they DO NOT want you to know.

But it sure is easy to pay $35 for a background check. Aren't our kids worth at least that?

I saw the pictures on the mom''s facebook. I remember seeing a pic of lulu in NY.

I just reviewed them all. not one picture of her kids. All the photos were selfies or without her in the photos (i.e. mom took them). Kids were definitely not with her. There were some kids passing by in the background of the photos and one looked sort of Puerto Rican so maybe similar to Lulu. But her kids were not pictured at all. .

And we suspect, though, that he was known to and probably a friend of Lili's father, and that he needed to evacuate Louisiana quickly during the hurricane. If you are running down to LA to evacuate your kid and your husband's friend is displaced, you might skip the background check. By whatever day you finally get through the flooded roads to safety, you just may have been conned.

This is not the typical woman who just moves a love interest in with her. And victim blaming is just not helpful at this point.

We don't know about her background or whether she was the type to move a love interest in with her. And the only one responsible for this crime is Terry Miles.

However, highlighting the importance of vetting anyone who moves in with you and your kids, pointing out the relative ease of doing it and the comparative negligence in not trying to do so, is very helpful IMO. We need to make such statements in every case like this so that fewer parents make such dangerous and tragic errors and we can have fewer cases like Lili's and Lulu's.

Have you been able to find more information on his involvement in this crime?

I think he's literally gotten away with murder (and attempted murder).

I also found a public post from another woman on Facebook about having dealt with him before, saying he's dangerous.

Its $20 for a one-day subscription to Calcasieu Parish records. That's the cheapest option.

14ad904b0d32182e53f3633902388fdd.jpg

059298e58f1a1158fbc788342f320a4d.jpg

Surveillance video in Colorado

Thank you!

ETA: The all caps was not me, lol, it's how it appears at the link.

Great find. Thanks for that.

14ad904b0d32182e53f3633902388fdd.jpg

059298e58f1a1158fbc788342f320a4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/http://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/police-report-sightings-of-missing-round-rock-girls-suspect-terry-miles-in-southern-colorado/269-503887389.

Here is the link I got the pictures from. It's been so long since I've posted and am on my cell so hope I did this right. Can't get my mind off these girls.

Anyone watching HLN??? Very bad accusations being made by a "family friend" per host.

ETA: Accusation re "cuddling" with 14 year old. Having her in his bed...

My gosh, living in Sulphur Springs sounds like you can get away with murdering and torturing people with no consequences, at least for TM. Unbelievable!

Anyone watching HLN??? Very bad accusations being made by a "family friend" per host.

ETA: Accusation re "cuddling" with 14 year old. Having her in his bed...
Enlighten us, please!

HLN is covering this again. I've got it on now.

HLN reporting a family friend will be on in 45 mins talking about what she has witnessed between TM & Lilli in the house. Cuddling on couch, etc. Not.Good.

(Ashley Banfield)

ETA 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members