Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

I must have missed it.........do we know where in the house she was found ?

RIP Molly

I agree. From her statement, it reads as though she is putting his grief above what her or anyone else may be feeling, even though she has just lost a daughter and her pain would be pretty immense. "Pray for Anson". It seems over the top to me. Could be LE telling her what to write or she just might be a person who puts everyone before herself. :thinking: Either way she comes across as a very caring lady :moo:
JMO, I think she's trying to squash the fb drama that had already started. Before Molly's body was located there were already accusatory comments being posted. I think many of us have seen cases where rumors on fb spread exponentially, resulting in thousands of nasty comments about a person who may not have even been involved. To me her note reads like an emphatic plea to stop any accusations of AP.

I must have missed it.........do we know where in the house she was found ?

RIP Molly
See posts #170 and #178 upthread. Note that these posts were by a user who claims to be an insider. To my knowledge they haven't been verified yet, but the posts have not been removed either. *shrug*

JMO, I think she's trying to squash the fb drama that had already started. Before Molly's body was located there were already accusatory comments being posted. I think many of us have seen cases where rumors on fb spread exponentially, resulting in thousands of nasty comments about a person who may not have even been involved. To me her note reads like an emphatic plea to stop any accusations of AP.

I understand that she'd want to say something in his defense...but if you go to her page (linked in the MSM article) you'll see more. Pics with overly sappy comments from her about the couple. There's tons.

She apparently was in a part of the house that was unheated as the mother has stated they may never know if Kratom was to blame for her death by accidental overdose or not because of how cold it was where she was found. My understanding is the upstairs of the home was not habitable and unheated and it's been extremely cold.

The mother has come out and said what she thinks happened. You must have known she was using the Kratom drug for pain and exactly what for. I'm wondering exactly what her mother meant by "what she did?" Do you happen to know how she died or was it just the result of the OD that caused her death? It sounds like she did something to cause her own death, but what?

Cyclelady I read that this morning. I feel so bad for her mom. This obviously is such a shock to her and she's trying to do whatever she can to ease her mind and to make the facts fit a theory that is comforting. It's very, very sad and breaks my heart to read. If thinking kratum drove her daughter to suicide makes her feel better, then that is fine IMHO. Also, how this reads, it is very likely that Molly did actually commit suicide in an obvious way and hopefully those details will be publicized (or LE will at least confirm self-harm).

I have no idea what she means about it being difficult to get (toxicology) results because the house was cold. Does anybody have any idea what she means about that?

I understand that she'd want to say something in his defense...but if you go to her page (linked in the MSM article) you'll see more. Pics with overly sappy comments from her about the couple. There's tons.
Respectfully, I disagree. Per TOS I don't believe a family member's fb page is supposed to be discussed, even if it is linked in a news article. But I'm going to toe the line to make a point.

You stated there are tons of pics with overly sappy comments about the couple. I'm going to count out the first letter that thanked all the LE and others who helped, as well as the letter in this article which mentions suicide. Those have been posted several times, which I consider very reasonable considering how many people were following this on social media. Aside from those I see a grand total of four posts which mention and/or picture AP. Of those four, three have only one or two sentences of text. So I don't see what you're describing.

I'm thanking my lucky stars that I've never been under the microscope of the general public when a loved one has passed. There is seemingly no "right way" to act. At the hardest time in your life you're expected to manage not to say too little, or too much, or use the wrong tense of a word, or say it with too much emotion, or not enough.

Respectfully, I disagree. Per TOS I don't believe a family member's fb page is supposed to be discussed, even if it is linked in a news article. But I'm going to toe the line to make a point.

You stated there are tons of pics with overly sappy comments about the couple. I'm going to count out the first letter that thanked all the LE and others who helped, as well as the letter in this article which mentions suicide. Those have been posted several times, which I consider very reasonable considering how many people were following this on social media. Aside from those I see a grand total of four posts which mention and/or picture AP. Of those four, three have only one or two sentences of text. So I don't see what you're describing.

I'm thanking my lucky stars that I've never been under the microscope of the general public when a loved one has passed. There is seemingly no "right way" to act. At the hardest time in your life you're expected to manage not to say too little, or too much, or use the wrong tense of a word, or say it with too much emotion, or not enough.

I almost went and edited the word 'tons' because it was obviously an exaggeration but what's posted is still overkill to me. You are right...people are different and I do think she's really just trying to comfort herself this way. It's not my style and wouldn't be what most people would do but she definitely seems like a wonderful person who really is having a hard time. I hope she will get help professionally if she feels she needs it.

JMO but I got a very Plath "Bell Jar" vibe from this tragic case.

I was unfamiliar with Kratom so I did a quick google, and found this very recent 1/4/18 "update" to an original (TN*) news report from 11/17/17:

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...d-alternative-is-legal-in-tennessee/676356386

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...despite-fda-warning-that-its-deadly/648909828

*ETA: FDA announcement 11/17

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm584970.htm
Thanks Fred and Edna......jeez.....never heard of this stuff before....scarey.

Posts containing verbatim quotes from social media have been removed.

Please review The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc which states in part:

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

•Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
•Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
•Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
•If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Please review The Rules and post in accordance with them.

I almost went and edited the word 'tons' because it was obviously an exaggeration but what's posted is still overkill to me. You are right...people are different and I do think she's really just trying to comfort herself this way. It's not my style and wouldn't be what most people would do but she definitely seems like a wonderful person who really is having a hard time. I hope she will get help professionally if she feels she needs it.

She quite literally talks about having to eat even though they don't feel like it. I'm not sure if they are talking about everyone or about her fiance in particular, but that is not a good sign.

Her loved ones will spend the rest of their lives thinking about whether they missed something and could have prevented her suicide. If you think that sounds like a really depressing place to be, it is, I've known people who have been there.

"It's not my style" is all you need to say, if you need to say it at all - everyone reacts differently to grief. I do not know what your style is but I will not judge you because it is different from mine.

She quite literally talks about having to eat even though they don't feel like it. I'm not sure if they are talking about everyone or about her fiance in particular, but that is not a good sign.

Her loved ones will spend the rest of their lives thinking about whether they missed something and could have prevented her suicide. If you think that sounds like a really depressing place to be, it is, I've known people who have been there.

"It's not my style" is all you need to say, if you need to say it at all - everyone reacts differently to grief. I do not know what your style is but I will not judge you because it is different from mine.

Paul you are certainly welcome to judge me I will not take offense. You are also entitled to your opinion as am I. I respect your right to say what you want but I'd appreciate you refraining from deciding what I should limit my comments to (unless they violate TOS of course).

It was not a prescribed pain med. I posted what her family thinks happened and what the drug was she was using.

i have a few questions. did anyone resolve if the $300 charge was made after or before he said she went missing? if the original missing poster said this was extremely out of character to walk out like this with no contact why do some people on here say she left before without notice? also, it has been and was extremely cold in virginia, including the day she went missing. it's sad he wouldn't drive out looking after a half hour with no coat, bc at that point she would be in danger of frostbite. last question: why if this house was partly in shambles and they were already dealing. with vehicle issues, would the mom mention about fixing their house now that her daughter is gone. this house isnt worth it. before she died- yes, now?? i dont think so. it wont help bring her back and he wouldnt want to live there- id guess. i do find it odd she puts everyone and everything first before her grief. but she might be one who doesnt deal with grief head on or deflecting from suspicion about her daughters fiance.

ñiña555;13849243 said:
i have a few questions. did anyone resolve if the $300 charge was made after or before he said she went missing? if the original missing poster said this was extremely out of character to walk out like this with no contact why do some people on here say she left before without notice? also, it has been and was extremely cold in virginia, including the day she went missing. it's sad he wouldn't drive out looking after a half hour with no coat, bc at that point she would be in danger of frostbite. last question: why if this house was partly in shambles and they were already dealing. with vehicle issues, would the mom mention about fixing their house now that her daughter is gone. this house isnt worth it. before she died- yes, now?? i dont think so. it wont help bring her back and he wouldnt want to live there- id guess. i do find it odd she puts everyone and everything first before her grief. but she might be one who doesnt deal with grief head on or deflecting from suspicion about her daughters fiance.

Credit card charge was from earlier in the day, not anything nefarious. I believe police gave a press conference one afternoon before the body was found where they stated it was not out of character for her to leave the house to stay overnight with a friend or something. We don't know what the fiance did or didn't do in response to her leaving. Regardless if the fiance intends to stay in the house or not, there would be benefit in fixing it up. If he chooses to sell it would be more profitable if fixed up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch
Back