Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

ñiña555;13849243 said:
i have a few questions. did anyone resolve if the $300 charge was made after or before he said she went missing? if the original missing poster said this was extremely out of character to walk out like this with no contact why do some people on here say she left before without notice? also, it has been and was extremely cold in virginia, including the day she went missing. it's sad he wouldn't drive out looking after a half hour with no coat, bc at that point she would be in danger of frostbite. last question: why if this house was partly in shambles and they were already dealing. with vehicle issues, would the mom mention about fixing their house now that her daughter is gone. this house isnt worth it. before she died- yes, now?? i dont think so. it wont help bring her back and he wouldnt want to live there- id guess. i do find it odd she puts everyone and everything first before her grief. but she might be one who doesnt deal with grief head on or deflecting from suspicion about her daughters fiance.

:welcome6: to Websleuths ñiña555!

Thanks for joining the discussion.

I was unfamiliar with Kratom so I did a quick google, and found this very recent 1/4/18 "update" to an original (TN*) news report from 11/17/17:

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...d-alternative-is-legal-in-tennessee/676356386

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...despite-fda-warning-that-its-deadly/648909828

*ETA: FDA announcement 11/17

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm584970.htm
[h=1]Southaven woman plans to use kratom, despite FDA warning that it's deadly.
Maybe it was a accident she fell asleep and died..
[/h]

This post lands at random ...

Posts discussing family social media are not allowed.

Please review The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc which states in part:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Please review The Rules and post in accordance with them.

:tyou:

Credit card charge was from earlier in the day, not anything nefarious.

Kind of, apparently the credit card was used to pay the COD for a shipment of kratom according to MM's mother.

Kind of, apparently the credit card was used to pay the COD for a shipment of kratom according to MM's mother.
I'm not aware of any MSM confirming what the purchase was for, but assuming the information posted on SM by family is accurate, I would still say the purchase was not nefarious. It was an intentional and routine purchase by Molly. JMO.

I'm not aware of any MSM confirming what the purchase was for, but assuming the information posted on SM by family is accurate, I would still say the purchase was not nefarious. It was an intentional and routine purchase by Molly. JMO.

The FDA put out a warning about it being deadly and there was a movement in Virginia to make it illegal all before this case. It may have been routine for her but it certainly wasn't a good idea, and I wouldn't have helped her like her mother claims she did in acquiring it.

Kratom was behind some high-profile suicides, enough that the Feds were talking about banning it; here is an article from a Virginia TV station in late 2016: http://www.13newsnow.com/news/dea-moves-to-ban-sale-of-herbal-supplement-kratom/312812973

I'm rather surprised that her mother helped her pick up and use something this controversial.

I'm thinking that her mom probably weighed it out. TBH I've never heard of the stuff prior to this case. What everyone has heard of is the opiate crisis causing numerous OD deaths around the nation. Molly's mom likely had warned her about pain pills/addiction.. Molly probably looked for alternatives and found something that was 'natural' that helped her. I'm not certain if she did have addiction problems with opiates in the past, however, if so, I'm certain that her mom would have seen this as the better alternative.

Maybe medical marijuana could have helped. .?

let me know when marijuana cures someone and I'll post the MSM article

I'm thinking that her mom probably weighed it out. TBH I've never heard of the stuff prior to this case. What everyone has heard of is the opiate crisis causing numerous OD deaths around the nation. Molly's mom likely had warned her about pain pills/addiction.. Molly probably looked for alternatives and found something that was 'natural' that helped her. I'm not certain if she did have addiction problems with opiates in the past, however, if so, I'm certain that her mom would have seen this as the better alternative.

Which is dumb, doctors are the experts in medical matters and I would prefer to use their advice on pain medication. Hemlock is natural too.

Which is dumb, doctors are the experts in medical matters and I would prefer to use their advice on pain medication. Hemlock is natural too.
But we don't know, maybe her doctor turned her on to this option. Most every option has possible side effects, some of which are significant and even fatal, but people decide every day that the benefit is worth the risk.

I take a medication for anxiety, for which suicidal tendencies are a known side effect in a small percentage of people. I didn't skip a beat in deciding to take it because of how much my anxiety was affecting my day to day life.

But we don't know, maybe her doctor turned her on to this option. Most every option has possible side effects, some of which are significant and even fatal, but people decide every day that the benefit is worth the risk.

I take a medication for anxiety, for which suicidal tendencies are a known side effect in a small percentage of people. I didn't skip a beat in deciding to take it because of how much my anxiety was affecting my day to day life.

The problem with herbs - that would include kratom - is that there's zero way for the doctor to know what you are getting. Prescription, even non-prescription, meds are controlled and interactions are known and documented. A doctor would be very wary of prescribing something which (according to the FDA) has been known to be laced with opiods, or could be more or less potent because it hasn't been standardized.

The FDA is not going to study kratom until (unless) a private company applies for a patent or permit to advertise and sell it for actual therapeutic or medical use, which is unlikely to happen. In my research, there are numerous more positive experiences than negative experiences, and I encourage you all to do research before judging anyone who uses the plant. I watched the legal battle go down in my state and based on testimony of citizens of my state the substance was not banned here. I just wish there was a way to have it studied, and a method to guarantee what goes on the market is really the ground leaf or root of the kratom plant, without waiting for a private company to front the dollar, because that will never happen. Like most homeopathy, no companies will touch it because it is not profitable (since it can just be grown by anyone).

My heart goes out to Molly's family, fiance, and friends in what has been truly a heartbreaking situation.

The FDA is not going to study kratom until (unless) a private company applies for a patent or permit to advertise and sell it for actual therapeutic or medical use, which is unlikely to happen. In my research, there are numerous more positive experiences than negative experiences, and I encourage you all to do research before judging anyone who uses the plant. I watched the legal battle go down in my state and based on testimony of citizens of my state the substance was not banned here. I just wish there was a way to have it studied, and a method to guarantee what goes on the market is really the ground leaf or root of the kratom plant, without waiting for a private company to front the dollar, because that will never happen. Like most homeopathy, no companies will touch it because it is not profitable (since it can just be grown by anyone).

My heart goes out to Molly's family, fiance, and friends in what has been truly a heartbreaking situation.
Is this like St. John's wort? (Sp?)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is this like St. John's wort? (Sp?)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It's similar in that it is plant based and the products have not been reviewed or approved by the FDA, but the chemical composition and effects differ. Also as far as I know kratom is currently only grown in a few countries in southeast Asia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130
Back