SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

What I've been wondering is, if Annette was waiting for the school bus and knew school was her destination, why did she have the her dog with her? I'd love to know if the dog was on a leash or loose.

I am with Missing in South Carolina. This case was just brought to my attention the other day. I have done a little research and would really like to look more into it.

I am sure dogs were brought to help with the search.

There was an anonymous tip once that Korrina's body was in a field. The residing county and other counties teamed up and combed the area. One dog they had with them, found a body 6' in the ground from the civil war, in the past. However, on this particular search, even with the tip, nothing was found.
BBM Some of those cadaver dogs are incredibly good. The anonymous tip may have been from a crackpot.

I don't think that Korinna is voluntarily missing. I think that Annette's stepfather killed both her and Annette. As others have mentioned, it's possible that Annette was killed because she knew something about her mother's disappearance, but it's also possible that the stepfather had been sexually abusing Annette and that he realized that if he lost custody and lost control of her, she would eventually talk. Korrina may have been killed because she found out what was going on.

ETA: I read that he wasn't trying to get custody, but that fact, even if true, doesn't preclude the scenario that I mentioned.

Was just viewing pics posted a while back in this thead..

wow.. what an absolutely adorable girl with her two sweet little brothers!

I would believe that the step-father was involved in Annette's disappearance if not for the fact that she was spotted waiting for the school bus before she vanished. Has anyone considered the possibility of a 3rd party involvement?

Picture this: Annette is waiting for the school bus when somebody (probably a person she knows) drives up and tells her that her mom has returned for her and will take her to her. Annette writes a quick note and gets in. Whatever the true intentions of this person were, remain unknown.

I don't know if this really did happen but of the three possible scenarios, this seems the most likely.

I would believe that the step-father was involved in Annette's disappearance if not for the fact that she was spotted waiting for the school bus before she vanished. Has anyone considered the possibility of a 3rd party involvement?

Picture this: Annette is waiting for the school bus when somebody (probably a person she knows) drives up and tells her that her mom has returned for her and will take her to her. Annette writes a quick note and gets in. Whatever the true intentions of this person were, remain unknown.

I don't know if this really did happen but of the three possible scenarios, this seems the most likely.

I've considered this, but I think it is mathematically unlikely that 2 individuals from the same immediate family would be abducted and/or murdered by seperate individuals. Unless of course, you're suggesting that this third party was involved in both disappearances - then I find it unlikely that they wouldn't reoffend. I wonder if there are any similar cases from around this area.

Yes, I saw that too. I emailed it to the authorities. It's weird but she does facially resemble the individual. Probably a dead end but letting LE take it away. If it is found out to be fluff I will post. Feel free to PM me if you want to see the video screenrecording I made.

I am new to this case so not completely up to spread. Thought I would mention that I just did a Facebook search for "Annette Sagers" and a girl with the initials EAR came up, however if you go to her "about me" page she has Annette Sagers listed as another name for herself. She also has the picture of Annette from charley project in her photos with an interesting comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrolling back further into that person’s FB posts, it seems they might be mentally ill.

But yeah, always better to report and let LE have a look.

True that. I just saw the part where she thought that someone she knew was Edmund Kemper. You'd have to disbelieve the reports that he's in jail serving a life sentence as we speak. I'd still rather have LE rule it out. Could be someone with attention deficit. Sad that they can throw red herrings into the mix of serious matters.

I've watched the video done by Cayleigh Elise on this case, and I just got through reading this entire thread. I feel the husband/stepfather murdered Korrina and Annette, and it angers me that he got away with it and continued on with his life like nothing happened. When I see Annette's picture, it saddens me to think about what she may have went through. I hope Korrina and Annette's family gets answers soon.

If the stepfather planned her murder—and I believe he did—allowing her to be seen in a public place right before abducting her would have been the perfect ruse. Even if the sighting was valid (correct date, correct person, etc.), that in no way lessens the likelihood of the stepfather's involvement.

He was not trying to get custody is my understanding. Other family members were trying. If they got custody, they might have found out if Annette knew anything of our mother's disappearance. I hope to find out what truly happened one day. To this day, Steve still denies any ties to our mother's disappearance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hate to make a suggestion like this, but have you or your brother considered having your DNA put into a database? Sadly there are many Jane Does discovered every year in South Carolina and around the entire USA, perhaps Annette or Korrina may be one of them and this could finally identify them? Or at the very least, rule them out?

I hate to make a suggestion like this, but have you or your brother considered having your DNA put into a database? Sadly there are many Jane Does discovered every year in South Carolina and around the entire USA, perhaps Annette or Korrina may be one of them and this could finally identify them? Or at the very least, rule them out?

Both Annette and Korrina have DNA in UNT. I sent Lost_Son a PM a few weeks ago, he should do DNA at ancestry then upload to FTDNA, My Heritage and GEDmatch for free. If either did live and have kids, it's possible someone is looking

If the stepfather planned her murder—and I believe he did—allowing her to be seen in a public place right before abducting her would have been the perfect ruse.

You're making the assumption he would've had the brains to consider such a possibility. And if he did have the brains to consider it, he would also have had the brains to realize it would be a bad idea because someone could drive by and see him with Annette at the stop. It simply wouldn't be worth the risk.

Update... The case is being looked into with new eyes, up to date forensics and data analysis. Not sure if I will be able to post anything related, but thanks for the support from everyone on this matter.

You're making the assumption he would've had the brains to consider such a possibility. And if he did have the brains to consider it, he would also have had the brains to realize it would be a bad idea because someone could drive by and see him with Annette at the stop. It simply wouldn't be worth the risk.

Has anyone considered the possibilty that Annette left for the bus stop before Steve expected her to?

Thanks... What will look into it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolly1504