FL FL - Miami, WhtMale 662UMFL, 16-20, blonde, alias 'Bobby Copeland', Jan'88

This guy's profile was updated on Charley today and when I looked back and saw that Chester Wetmore had been ruled out as a match for "Bobby Copeland" earlier.

Anybody know what gives here?

Hopefully Megan of Charley will know a little more...

It sounds like the guy admitted it that it was indeed Chester Wetmore that he'd killed back then.
...But then somehow Wetmore is ruled out as the body from when he said he killed Wetmore???

This guy's profile was updated on Charley today and when I looked back and saw that Chester Wetmore had been ruled out as a match for "Bobby Copeland" earlier.

Anybody know what gives here?

Hopefully Megan of Charley will know a little more...

It sounds like the guy admitted it that it was indeed Chester Wetmore that he'd killed back then.
...But then somehow Wetmore is ruled out as the body from when he said he killed Wetmore???

I don't see anything that says this boy's killer is the same person as Wetmore's killer. Maybe I'm missing it?

I went ahead and submitted John Nellans to Miami Homicide as a possible match. I will update if I hear anything back.

ETA: I also emailed the contact from John's NamUs page.

Well, the contact on John's NamUs page emailed me back that she would look into it. Nothing from Miami Homicide. I guess that's why they say you should contact people on both ends. I will update if I hear anything more.

Did you ever hear anything back? I don't see him on the rule out list as of today. I think he's a good possibility. J.N. was allegedly a runaway and had taken some checks. He seems like someone who would come up with an alias. Also, "Bobby Copeland" was selling magazine subscriptions. There have been a few young people who went missing after going to work for these companies and the companies usually originated in the 1980's from....California.

I went ahead and submitted John Nellans to Miami Homicide as a possible match. I will update if I hear anything back.

ETA: I also emailed the contact from John's NamUs page.

Sadly, John Nellans' remains were found in California in 2000. They were positively identified as John's in early 2016.

Chester Wetmore is now on the ruleouts list https://identifyus.org/cases/1212

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First NameLast NameYear of BirthState LKA

StevenAnderson1957New Jersey
SteveArrowood1956North Carolina
RogelioCerda1959Texas
MichaelGaughan1957Texas
ReedJeppson1949Utah
DannyJones1959Texas
RobertKeck1963Pennsylvania
JohnKinsora1963Arizona
RandallLeach1960Idaho
DarrelNichols1955Utah
BrianPage1958Oregon
TomStarkel1960California
MitchelWeiser1956New York
ChesterWetmore1971Florida
Terry Wallace has been added to the ruleouts. https://identifyus.org/cases/1212

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I know that it hasn't been discussed here, but this young man has a lot of scars. Looking at the NamUS it doesn't even list out how many scars he has on his arms. It says he has 2 scars on right hip, 1 scar on back of left hand, and 4 scars on back of right hand. So was there a large amount of scars on his wrists and arms that it was pointless to count? I wonder if the scars on the arms were self inflicted. If they weren't was it possible that these scars was caused from child abuse and maybe that is what landed him in foster care?

I know that it hasn't been discussed here, but this young man has a lot of scars. Looking at the NamUS it doesn't even list out how many scars he has on his arms. It says he has 2 scars on right hip, 1 scar on back of left hand, and 4 scars on back of right hand. So was there a large amount of scars on his wrists and arms that it was pointless to count? I wonder if the scars on the arms were self inflicted. If they weren't was it possible that these scars was caused from child abuse and maybe that is what landed him in foster care?

Yeah...that is a lot of scars - my first thought was actually that he was abused in foster care and ran away.

I know this sounds crazy, but the first person to confess to Etan Patz abduction said he raped him and then put him on a city bus. I know the second person who confessed is now in prison and they believe Etan is deceased, but what if? I’m sure he automatically has been compared, but I always wondered if Etan actually was put on a bus and that maybe was found elsewhere and put into the system? It’s a stretch. Probably just me wanting Etan to have survived. :(

Current ruleouts, January 12 2018 https://identifyus.org/cases/1212

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Steven Anderson 1957 New Jersey
Steve Arrowood 1956 North Carolina
Rogelio Cerda 1959 Texas
Michael Gaughan 1957 Texas
Reed Jeppson 1949 Utah
Danny Jones 1959 Texas
Robert Keck 1963 Pennsylvania
John Kinsora 1963 Arizona
Randall Leach 1960 Idaho
Darrel Nichols 1955 Utah
Brian Page 1958 Oregon
Alan Stanfill 1963 Florida
Tom Starkel 1960 California
Terry Wallace 1961 Pennsylvania
Mitchel Weiser 1956 New York
Chester Wetmore 1971 Florida

I came across this guy.. and thought of bobby... it might be a long shot but I thought I would post him.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4227dmon.html

Lonnie Philip Boudreau
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: February 5, 1981
Location Last Seen: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: February 15, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 53-69 inches
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 86-158 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Beauty mark on left side of his neck. Medium build

Dentals: Unknown. Gap between two front teeth
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue corduroy pants; blue V-neck velour sweater with white stripes on the collar; blue and red lumberjack jacket and boots.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lonnie was last seen in the City of Ottawa in February 1981. He crawled out of the basement window of his home. The previous day he had jumped out of his bedroom window, and was found after a four hour search. He was a fourth grader at Assumption School at the time.

LBoudreau1[1].jpg662UMFL1[1].jpg

I came across this guy.. and thought of bobby... it might be a long shot but I thought I would post him.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4227dmon.html

Lonnie Philip Boudreau
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: February 5, 1981
Location Last Seen: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: February 15, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 53-69 inches
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 86-158 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Beauty mark on left side of his neck. Medium build

Dentals: Unknown. Gap between two front teeth
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue corduroy pants; blue V-neck velour sweater with white stripes on the collar; blue and red lumberjack jacket and boots.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lonnie was last seen in the City of Ottawa in February 1981. He crawled out of the basement window of his home. The previous day he had jumped out of his bedroom window, and was found after a four hour search. He was a fourth grader at Assumption School at the time.

cache.php
cache.php

not too much of a stretch imho!! I mean this boy “Bobby” claimed to have been up north in NY before ending up in FL. Who knows, maybe if he didnt want to be found he just stated a random city up north when saying where he came from. I mean for all we know he might have been lying about his name and didn’t want to be found. Runaway from a tough life. Those scars :(

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13661/0
I noticed Mark Peal 10 missing since 1971 hasn't been ruled out. He and his friend Kevin Conner 13 both went missing . There's a strong resemblance and skull shape,I found their hair and eyes could be same although it's not entered in his namus file,and the boys real names are switched around on searched image results.
I'm technologically dumb,so does the system itself automatically flag DNA,or does it require human hand to initiate a search,by a category or features,or by all.

The following fields have been changed:
Clothing and Accessories : Footwear changed from "" to "white socks, high-top blue/white sneakers"

Clothing and Accessories : Other Items Found With Body changed from "" to "female clothes"

Physical / Medical : Eye Color Right changed from "" to "Gray"

Physical / Medical : Eye Color Left changed from "" to "Gray"

Physical / Medical : Scars and Marks Details changed from "Scars on left forearm, right forearm, right thigh and on both wrists. Two scars on right hip, one scar on back of the left hand, four scars on back of right hand" to "1-inch circular scar on frontal surface of right forearm 4-inch linear scar on the flexor surface of left forearm 2 2-inch scar present on the anterior prospect of right hip 1-inch scar on left hand 4 1-inch scars left on back of right hand 2 1-inch right arm "

Physical / Medical : Hair Color changed from "Brown" to "Blond/Strawberry"

Physical / Medical : Head Hair changed from "light brown" to ""

"On this day" on Facebook reminded me of this case. Still unidentifed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member